HOW TO DESIGN MY FIRST CV? Young teenagers can also have one!
NOT ENOUGH EXPERIENCE? TOO YOUNG?
WHAT A CV FOR?
WHAT TO INCLUDE?
WHY A CV? THINK OF YOURSELF AS A BRAND NEW SMARTPHONE… THERE ARE LOTS OF SMARTPHONES ON THE MARKET, WHAT HELPS YOU PICK UP ONE OR ANOTHER? IN THE SAME WAY, LOTS OF PEOPLE LOOK FOR A JOB, SO WHY DOES AN EMPLOYER CHOOSE ONE OR ANOTHER?
What is special about my first CV?? You may not have as much work experience to put in there. For this reason, you must show you have the necessary skills and qualifications to do the job without the work experience.
It must be skills / qualifications based!
YOU DON’T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE
BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE SOME SKILLS Your cv is like your advertisement
TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE DESIGN, THE TEMPLATE YOU USE IS ESSENTIAL!!
EXAMPLE OF A FIRST CV
• A CV is a unique thing • Layout is important • Poorly structured CVs can put empoyers off hiring you • CVs have to be easy to read • Your student CV shouldn’t be longer than 2 sides • Be concise • Highlight your skills
•CV dos •keep it short • check spelling and grammar • Keep updating your cv
• Put the most important stuff first
Employers don’t have too much time to read CVs
• Reread it before you send it off so there are no spelling or grammar mistakes
• Every time you pass an exam or get a new job: Update your cv!
• Back up what you say • Get a formal e-mail address
• Do you think cheekygirl@rad omemail. com sounds serious??
•CV don’ts • Don’t get too personal • Don’t be too creative
• Be honest about your skill levels
• There’s no need to add unnecessary Information
• Too much colour may look as if you are tailoring it to a specific job.
• It must be text based and straightforward
• Don’t lie, if you are not fluent at a language, don’t say so.
•Writeyour first CV • Name: • Address: • Tel: • Email: • PERSONAL SUMMARY:
• MAIN ACHIEVEMENTS:
• WORK EXPERIENCE:
• TRY AND COMPLETE YOUR OWN CV!!
• INCLUDE ALL YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS • Mention things like winning an award, work experience or being the captain of a team
• Also voluntary work • GIVE PRACTICAL EXAMPLES OF YOUR SKILLS • LIST ALL YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND THE SCHOOLS YOU ATTENDED
• NAME PEOPLE WHO CAN GIVE YOU A REFERENCE: A TEACHER, A TUTOR…
It was created as one of the final products in Erasmus+ project titled: 'Drop Out Coaching at School' 2016-2018.