LISTENING & SPEAKING UNIT 5
ã 重點單字 ○
○ 為 1200 字 ◎ 為 2000 字
1. taxi [ `t1ks6 ] n. 計程車
Paula’s father drives a taxi. 寶拉的爸爸在開計程車。
2. meeting [ `mit6; ] n. 會議
Denny is in a meeting with his boss. 丹尼在跟老闆開會。
3. road [ rod ] n. 道路
Go left at the next road. 在下一條路左轉。
4. late [ let ] adj. 遲到的
Oliver was late for school again. 奧立弗上學又遲到了。
1. on (one’s) way to... 前往……途中 這裡的 way 表示「路途；道路」。
• Craig got hurt. He’s on his way to the
2. Excuse me. 不好意思。 excuse [ 6k`skjuz ] 是動詞「原諒」的意思。此片語 相當於中文的「不好意思；請問；借過」等意。
• A: Excuse me. Where is the bathroom?
請問一下，廁所在哪裡？ It’s at the end of the hall. 在走廊最後面。
3. turn around 掉頭 指車、船等交通工具往反方向行駛。
• The sign says that we can’t turn around
q James took a _______ to the train station. w My cousin lives on this _______.
課文朗讀》 正常 CD/MP3 18 慢速 MP3 74 單字例句》CD/MP3 19
手機掃一下 生動對話即時看 長度：51 秒
Vickie is in a taxi on her way to a meeting.2
complaint [ k4m`plent ] n. exit [ `5ks6t ] n. 出口
Part A: In a Taxi
Vickie: Excuse me. Driver: Yes. What’s the problem? Vickie: The radio is too loud. Could you please
turn it down a little? Driver: Sure. Is this better? Vickie: Yes, that’s fine. Hmm… This doesn’t
look like the right road.3 Are you sure that we’re going the right way? Driver: Let me check. (He looks at his GPS.) Uh-
oh. I missed the exit.* I’ll have to turn around. Vickie: Really? I can’t believe it! Now I’m going
to be late!4 Driver: I’m really sorry about this, ma’am. Now I’m going to be late!
Hi. May I help you?
○ 為 1200 字 ◎ 為 2000 字
1. hotel [ ho`t5l ] n. 飯店；旅館
We’re going to stay at the Breeze Hotel. 我們要住在微風飯店。
2. towel [ ta8l ] n. 毛巾
Wendy used a towel to dry her hair. 溫蒂用毛巾擦乾頭髮。
Yes. The phone doesn’t work.
3. number [ `n9mb0 ] n. 號碼
What is your phone number? 你的電話號碼是幾號？
4. noise [ n76z ] n. 噪音
My bicycle is making a strange noise.
Part B: At a Hotel 14
課文朗讀》 正常 CD/MP3 20 慢速 MP3 75 單字例句》CD/MP3 21
手機掃一下 生動對話即時看 長度：47 秒
Vickie is at the front desk* of a hotel.
front desk [ fr9nt ] [ d5sk ] 櫃檯 annoying [ 4`n766; ] adj. 煩人的
薇琪在飯店櫃檯前。 ã 學習焦點
Clerk: Hi. May I help you?
1. May I help you? 我能為您效勞嗎？ 以 may 開頭的問句帶有禮貌性的語氣。
Vickie: Yes. There are some problems with my room. The phone doesn’t work, and there aren’t enough towels.2 Clerk: I’m very sorry. What is your room number?3
• A: May I help you? 我能為您效勞嗎？
B: Yes. Someone stole my wallet. 是的，有人偷了我的錢包。
2. A asks B to + V. A 要求 B（做某事）。 動詞 ask 除了「詢問」，還有「要求；請求」的意思。
Vickie: It’s 503.
• I asked Elaine to mail the letter.
Clerk: I can send some towels to your room right away. I’ll also ask someone to look at your phone.
3. keep + V-ing 繼續（做某事） keep (keep-kept-kept) 後面若遇動詞，要改成動名 詞（V-ing）。 • Tammy keeps talking, and she won’t be
Vickie: Can you tell the people in 502 to be quiet, too? They’re making so much noise.4 It’s really annoying.* Clerk: I’ll talk to them about it. If they keep making noise, we can move you to a different room. Vickie: Thanks.
ABC 超音波 oi 與 oy 都發 [ 76 ] 的音，如文中的 noise、 annoying 和常見的 boil、join、oil、toy、boy、 enjoy 等字。
中文翻譯和測驗解答請見第 62 頁
LISTENING & SPEAKING UNIT 7
速食餐廳 課文朗讀》 CD/MP3 32
1. hamburger [ `h1mb-g0 ] n.
Don’t put lettuce on my hamburger. 我的漢堡不要放生菜。
4. fried chicken [ fra6d ] [ `t]6k4n ]
There are still two pieces of fried chicken in the box. 盒子裡還有兩塊炸雞。
2. soda [ `sod4 ] n.
Too much soda is bad for you. 喝太多汽水對你有害。
3. tray [ tre ] n.
The waitress is carrying a big tray. 女服務生端著一個大托盤。
5. combo meal [ `k3mbo ] [ mil ]
Do you want a combo meal or just a sandwich? 你要一份套餐還是只單點三明治？
6. menu board [ `m5nju ] [ bord ]
All of the prices are on the menu board. 售價全都標在菜單看板上。 32
s o a
7. kid’s meal [ k6dz ] [ mil ]
10. napkin [ `n1pk6n ] n.
Patricia is buying a kid’s meal for her son.
Do you need a napkin to clean your hands?
8. cashier [ k1`]6r ] n.
11. ketchup [ `k5t]4p ] n.
The cashier is giving Darren his change.
Lindsey always puts ketchup on her hot dogs.
9. French fries [ fr5nt] ] [ fra6z ]
12. straw [ str7 ] n.
Would you like to share my French fries?
The straw fell on the floor.
READING & WRITING 進階閱讀
ã 重點單字 ○
○ 為 1200 字 ◎ 為 2000 字
1. museum [ mju`zi4m ] n. 博物館
Bruce spent the day at a museum. 布魯斯在博物館待了一天。
2. character [ `k1r6kt0 ] n. （漢）字；字體
I only know a few Chinese characters. 我只認識一些漢字。
3. style [ sta6l ] n. 風格；款式
There are many styles of shoes in this store.
4. thin [ q6n ] adj. 細瘦的
Tanya’s mom is very thin. 譚雅的媽媽很瘦。
5. fat [ f1t ] adj. 厚實的；寬大的 Tony has a fat wallet.
課文朗讀》 正常 CD/MP3 54 慢速 MP3 90
6. interesting [ `6nt4r6st6; ] adj. 有趣的
Miranda told me an interesting story.
I like art. It makes me feel good. I like to make art, and I like to look at it. If I am having a bad day, I might go to an art museum.1 There, I can look at all of the beautiful paintings.* They will make me feel better.
米蘭達告訴我一個有趣的故事。 參考單字 á
calligraphy [ k4`l6gr4f6 ] n.
（calligrapher [ k4`l6gr4f0 ] 是名詞「書法家」）
painting [ `pent6; ] n.
1. A makes B feel + adj. A 使 B 感覺到……。 make (make-made-made) 在此當使役動詞，意思 是「使；讓」，後接原形動詞。此外，make 也可接形 容詞，如右頁第三段的用法（make you smarter）。 • Singing makes Dennis feel happy. 唱歌讓丹尼斯感到快樂。
• The end of the movie made everyone sad. 形容詞
2. this time 這一次 time 在此表示「次；回」。「上一次」是 last time； 「下一次」是 next time。 • Next time, I’ll travel abroad with you. 下一次，我跟你一起出國旅遊。 隨堂測驗‧填空題
q We saw some old vases in the _______. w I like that _______ of skirt. 48
Chinese Calligraphy: Words as Art
圖片：Xita / Shutterstock.com
Last week, I went to an art museum again. This time, though, the museum wasn’t showing paintings. It was showing Chinese calligraphy. The characters2 in the calligraphy all had different styles.3 Some of them were small and thin.4 Others were big and fat.5 I couldn’t read them all, but they were still beautiful. Chinese calligraphy is very interesting6 to look at. It has a long history, too.
ã 重點單字 ◎
○ 為 1200 字 ◎ 為 2000 字
1. respect [ r6`sp5kt ] v. 尊敬
Rachel respects her science teacher. 瑞秋很尊敬她的自然科學老師。
2. price [ pra6s ] n. 價格
All of the CDs are the same price. 所有的 CD 都是均一價。
3. practice [ `pr1kt6s ] n. 練習
Our practice time is five p.m. every Monday. 我們的練習時間是每週一的下午五點鐘。
4. hold [ hold ] v. 握；拿 (hold-held[ h5ld ]-held) Hold the glass carefully. 玻璃杯要小心拿好。
圖片：junrong / Shutterstock.com
5. brush [ br9] ] n. 毛筆；畫筆
Ancient Chinese people used brushes to write.
課文朗讀》 正常 CD/MP3 56 慢速 MP3 91 單字例句》CD/MP3 57
Calligraphy was very important in China. It was one of the four traditional* arts. Everyone needed to learn it. People respected 1 the best calligraphers. They would pay high prices2 for their writing.* It’s difficult to do calligraphy well. It takes a lot of practice. 3 You can’t hold 4 the brush 5 like you hold a pencil. That will make your words look bad. You need to hold it with three fingers.6 Then, you move the brush across the paper. If you make a mistake, you can’t use an eraser. You have to start again. Doing calligraphy can help people focus.* People say that it can make you smarter, too. Chinese calligraphers often lived for a long time. Maybe doing calligraphy can also help people live longer.
6. finger [ `f6;g0 ] n. 手指
How many fingers does a monkey have? 猴子有幾根手指？
traditional [ tr4`d6]4ny ] adj. 傳統的 writing [ `ra6t6; ] n. 書法；字帖 focus [ `fok4s ] v. 專注
1. It is + adj. + to + V. （做某事）是……的。 it 用來代指後面的不定詞（to + V.）。 • It is important to drink enough water. 攝取足夠的水分是很重要的。
2. do (sth) well 做好（某事） well 是副詞「很好地；成功地」，要置於修飾的動詞 後面。不可以說 do (sth) good。
• Ken always does his job well. 肯總是把他的工作做得很好。
3. People say that + 子句 . 大家都說……。 主詞要用複數的 people，表示眾人的意見。
• People say that swimming is very good exercise. 大家都說游泳是一項很好的運動。
中文翻譯和測驗解答請見第 64 頁