• OTA means Online Travel Agency, are travel agencies where you book through Internet. Ex: Expedia
• Last Moment Booking Apps A mobile application in order to book a room at the very last time. Ex: Hotel room tonight, Travelocity, orbitz, booking.com
• Direct Booking: is the way to book directly an hotel, travel and so one.. ex : hotel website
• Search engine marketing (SEM)
is a form of internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) through optimization (both on-page and off-page) as well as through advertising (paid placements, contextual advertising, and paid inclusions). Depending on the context, SEM can be an umbrella term for various means of marketing a website including search engine optimization (SEO), which adjusts or rewrites website content to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results pages, or it may contrast with pay per click (PPC), focusing on only paid components. Ex : Google, firefox…
• Search engine optimization (SEO)
The process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic"). In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users.
• Paid Search / CPC / PPC Listings Search engines also have paid search ads, sometimes referred to as “CPC” or “PPC” listings. Those acronyms come from the way advertisers are charged for these ads, on a Cost-Per-Click or Pay-Per-Click basis. You pay, you get listed. When you stop paying, your listings goes away. Similar to newspapers, these ads typically appear alongside – but – separate from the editorial content. They are also not supposed to influence the editorial coverage. Ex: google
• Interactive advertising uses online or offline interactive media to communicate with consumers and to promote products, brands, services, and public service announcements, corporate or political groups. In the inaugural issue of the Journal of Interactive Advertising, editors Li and Leckenby (2000) defined interactive advertising as the "paid and unpaid presentation and promotion of products, services and ideas by an identified sponsor through mediated means involving mutual action between consumers and producers." This is most commonly performed through the internet; often through the use of an ad server that can deliver a variety of interactive advertising units.
• Customer engagement (CE)
refers to the engagement of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer- or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline. .