You can shop here, click on the link which is located below http://www.fortuneofstudents.com/bis-219-final-exam-100-correct/
BIS 219 Final Exam 100% Correct 1) The modern business environment has all of the following characteristics except: A. Interconnected B. Relatively static C. Global D. Competitive
2) _____ conveys understanding, accumulated learning, and expertise as they apply to a current problem. A. Information B. Experience C. Data D. Knowledge
3) The fact that you practice continuous computing means all of the following except: A. You can pull information about almost everything from anywhere all the time. B. Your daily routines are exactly the same as students 20 years ago, but you do your tasks much slower and with more effort. C. You are surrounded by a movable information network. D. You can push your ideas to the web.
4) Which of the following is not a major capability of IS? A. Provide fast, accurate communications among organizations B. Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of people working in groups
C. Perform high-speed, high-volume numerical computations D. Store small amounts of information in a large space
5) A set of programs that enable hardware to process data is _____. A. software B. network C. hardware D. database
6) A collection of related files, tables, and so forth that stores data and the associations among them is _____. A. software B. network C. hardware D. database
7) You are registering for the next semester at your university. The combination of your previous experience registering, your major, the courses you need, the prerequisites for each course, the times you need for each course, the professors teaching each section, and your work schedule means that you are using _____ to select your class schedule. A. knowledge B. wisdom C. information D. expertise
8) _____ is data that have been organized to have meaning and value to a recipient. A. Information B. Experience C. Data D. Knowledge
9) _____ are the computer hardware, software, and communications technologies that are used by IT personnel to produce IT services. A. IT services B. IS C. IT components D. IT
10) What is the most significant benefit of Panasonic速's new data management system? A. Improved time-to-market for products B. Company moved from push inventory model to pull model C. Cost savings D. Reduced time required for creating and maintaining product information
11) The end result of the data life cycle is the generation of _____. A. data B. wisdom C. information D. knowledge
12) Panasonic速 wants to double its profit margins. What is the biggest problem Panasonic速 has that could prevent attaining this goal? A. The company faces fierce global competition. B. The company faces rapid improvements in technology. C. The company cannot raise its prices. D. The company has inconsistent business information.
13) _____ occurs when the same data are stored in many places. A. Data integrity B. Data redundancy C. Data isolation D. Data consistency
14) _____ occurs when various copies of the data agree. A. Data integrity B. Data redundancy C. Data isolation D. Data consistency
15) In the data hierarchy, the smallest element is the _____. A. bit B. character C. record D. byte
16) The data in a data warehouse have which of the following characteristics? A. Coded in different formats B. Updated in real time C. Organized by subject D. Typically retained for a defined, but limited, period of time
17) _____ are fields in a record that have some identifying information but typically do not identify the record with complete accuracy. A. Secondary keys B. Duplicate keys C. Primary keys
D. Attribute keys
18) In a database, the primary key field is used to _____. A. create linked lists B. identify duplicated data C. specify an entity D . uniquely identify a record
19) In this type of e-commerce, the sellers and buyers are organizations. A. Consumer-to-consumer B. Business-to-business C. Government-to-citizen D. Business-to-consumer
20) J&R Electronics速' biggest problem was which of the following? A. The company had a limited range of products. B. The company had too many products, which confused customers with too many choices. C. The company was limited by its physical location. D. The company's sales staff was not knowledgeable enough about the company's products.
21) The nature of business competition is changing drastically as a result of all of the following except: A. The diversity of electronic commerce-related products and services B. The increase in the number of digitizable products C. New online companies D. Companies having difficulty integrating their physical and electronic channels
22) ERP systems are _____ software products, meaning that companies typically have to change their _____ to accommodate how the software functions. A. structured, reporting relationships
B. unstructured, inventory control C. unstructured, business processes D. structured, business processes
23) The characteristics of ERP systems include all of the following except: A. Provide information necessary to control the business processes of the organization B. Include a set of interdependent software modules C. Integrate the planning, management, and use of all resources of the organization D. Typically fit an organization's existing business processes
24) International Game Technology速 had all of the following problems that led to its implementing an ERP system, except: A. Applications were not integrated. B. A lack of useful information for managers. C. Each functional area had its own IS. D. The company could not manage the high volume of its transactions.
25) Which of the following is not a characteristic of a transaction processing system? A. Mainly internal sources of data B. Low computation complexity C. Small amounts of data processed D. High level of accuracy, data integrity, and security
26) Actions Toyota速 workers may take with regards to problems on the assembly line include which of the following? A. They can call a supervisor. B. They can call a coworker. C. They cannot stop the assembly line. D. They can stop the assembly line.
27) Where possible, Toyota速 uses all of the following to convey the status of work, except: A. Electronic dashboards B. Red/yellow/green lighting system C. Overhead displays D. Manual devices
28) You are in the market for a small economy car. The salesperson has you drive the economy car, and hands you the keys to a mid-size car of the same brand for you to drive. The salesperson is engaged in: A. Cross-selling B. Bundling C. Up-selling D. Customer relationship management
29) Which of the following is not a goal of supply chain management? A. Decrease inventory levels B. Increase cycle time C. Reduce uncertainty along the supply chain D. Improve customer service
30) Supply chain complexity and scale: A. Were difficult to address before the Internet B. Result when firms product complex products and services C. Affect small companies and large, global organizations D. Result when firms implement full-scale, supply chain management systems
31) The _____ refers to erratic shifts in orders up and down the supply chain. A. supply forecast effect
B. bullwhip effect C. demand forecast effect D. inventory effect
32) A company's suppliers, suppliers' suppliers, and the processes for managing them is the: A. External supply chain B. Upstream portion of the supply chain C. Downstream portion of the supply chain D. Suppliers' chain
33) Packaging, assembly, or manufacturing take place in which segment of the supply chain? A. Internal B. Downstream C. External D. Upstream
34) _____ is the process by which organizational goals are achieved through the use of organizational resources. A. Operations B. Organizational strategy C. Management D. Organizational decision-making
35) In the _____ phase of the decision-making process, managers examine a situation and identify and define the problem. A. choice B. design C. intelligence
36) The functions of the dashboard at Eastern Mountain Sports速 include all of the following except A. Provide high-level view of key performance indicators B. Provide drill-down capability to access details C. Provide information relevant to company goals D. Manage the volume of transactions
37) British Telecom速 had all of the following problems with its IS function except A. The company had a highly centralized IS department. B. Only 20 percent of the company's technology initiatives had a definitive business purpose. C. No technology initiatives were being tracked in any way. D. The company had too many technology initiatives.
38) The IS planning process proceeds in which order? A. Organization mission, IS strategic plan, organization strategic plan, IS operational plan B. Organization strategic plan, organization mission, IS strategic plan, new IT architecture C. IT architecture, IS strategic plan, organization strategic plan, organization mission D. Organization mission, organization strategic plan, IS strategic plan, new IT architecture
39) The _____ method measures the effectiveness of management in generating profits with its available assets. A. cost-benefit analysis B. return on investment C. internal rate of return D. net present value
40) _____ is the efficient and effective execution of specific tasks. A. Management control
B. Strategic planning C. Expertise D. Operational control
41) Which of the following is not a characteristic of a structured decision? A. Repetitive B. No human intuition involved C. Fuzzy and complex D. Routine
42) Computer support is greatest for which of the following problems? A. Unstructured and operational control B. Structured and operational control C. Semistructured and management control D. Semistructured and strategic planning
43) Which of the following systems acquisition methods results in software that may be tried out, has been used for similar problems in other organizations, and can save time? A. Prototyping B. End-user development C. Buy option D. Systems development life cycle
44) The _____ that changes are made in the systems development life cycle, the _____ expensive the changes become. A. later, less B. more frequently, more C. more extensively, more D. sooner, less
45) Which of the following systems acquisition methods is time-consuming, costly, and may produce excessive documentation? A. Prototyping B. End-user development C. External acquisition D. Traditional systems development life cycle
46. Of the following, which is the major problem with smart phones? A. They are too slow. B. They are too expensive. C. They can be used to compromise security. D. Their screens are too small. E. Their browsers are not fully functional.
47. Which of the following statements about Wi-Fi is not correct? A. Wi-Fi provides simple Internet access. B. Laptop PC scan contain chips that can send and receive Wi-Fi signals. C. Many companies offer free Wi-Fi access in their stores. D. Wi-Fi requires encryption for secure transmissions. E. Wi-Fi is expensive to set up.
48. This is a piece of data that is stored on the users computer by a company that the user accesses using a web browser? A. Script B. Cookie C. Data-Link File D. DLL File E. Data file
49. This ethical theory states that managers are entrusted with a fiduciary responsibility to all those who hold a stake in or a claim on the firm . A. Stockholder theory B. Stakeholder theory C. Property theory D. Fiduciary theory E. Normative theory
50) Problems in Procter and Gamble速's distribution network included all of the following except: A. Some stores received no product at all. B. Some stores received too much product. C. The RFID tags generated too much data. D. Some displays never were shown on the retail floor.
51) Of the following, which is the major problem with smartphones? A. They are too expensive. B. They are too slow. C. Their screens are too small. D. They may be used to compromise security.
52) _____ involves building an inappropriate trust relationship with employees for the purpose of gaining sensitive information or unauthorized access privileges. A. Hacking B. Reverse social engineering C. Social engineering D. Spoofing
53) _____ issues involve the authenticity and fidelity of information that is collected and processed. A. Accuracy B. Privacy C. Property D. Transferability
54) The computing skills necessary to be a hacker are decreasing for which of the following reasons? A. Computer attack programs, called scripts, are available for download from the Internet. B. More IS and computer science departments are teaching courses on hacking, so their graduates can recognize attacks on information assets. C. Cybercrime is much more lucrative than regular white-collar crime. D. International organized crime is training hackers.
Published on Dec 24, 2013