College of Graduate Studies
GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS
Cleveland State University is consistently recognized among the best colleges and universities in the nation by U.S News & World Report. Many of our individual graduate programs are also ranked among the best in the nation. What’s more? CSU offers one of Ohio’s lowest tuitions, making CSU a best-in-class value for graduate education. Located in the heart of Downtown Cleveland, Ohio, CSU is the true definition of an urban university, complete with a $500 million makeover, state-of-theart labs, classrooms, facilities and 22 acres of green space. Our 85-acre campus is just steps away from museums, a world-renowned orchestra, professional sports venues, the second-largest theatre district in the country, the nation’s best hospitals, landmarks and the shores of Lake Erie.
TABLE OF CONTENTS 2 Engaged Learning 4 Engaged Cleveland 6 Engaged Faculty 8 Engaged Students 10 Graduate Student Resource Center 12 Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs 14 Monte Ahuja College of Business 16 Cleveland-Marshall College of Law 18 College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences 20 College of Sciences and Health Professions 22 Washkewicz College of Engineering 24 College of Education and Human Services 26 School of Nursing 28 Ready to Engage?
1 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
ENGAGED LEARNING Graduate education at Cleveland State University is a truly unique learning opportunity connecting students, ideas and real-world experience. We call this engaged learning. Partnerships with local corporations, faculty that bring real-world experience into the classroom, and research based on real-world solutions are at the center of the engaged learning model. CSU graduates are prepared to lead in their respective disciplines and are empowered with a competitive edge in todayâ€™s global economy. Cleveland State University takes great pride in being selected to receive the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. This prestigious national honor is highly sought after by higher education institutions as an indicator of close connectivity to the public and private sectors in the region surrounding an institution.
3 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
ENGAGED CLEVELAND Cleveland State University is engaged with the city of Cleveland. As a thriving economic city center, Cleveland is home to the headquarters of many multinational corporations and Fortune 500 companies. Partnerships with the Cleveland Clinic, Progressive Insurance, Parker Hannifin, and Northeast Ohio Medical University provide our graduate students with hands-on, real-world opportunities for research, learning and relationship building. Many of our over 120,000 alumni decide to make Cleveland their permanent home. In fact, an estimated 80 percent of our graduates live and work in Northeast Ohio. CSU is committed to our community, aligning our students with a best-in-class education and unique career opportunities in Northeast Ohio.
5 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
ENGAGED FACULTY For our professors, teaching isn’t just a profession — it’s a passion. Our faculty takes graduate students beyond the classroom, sharing expertise through research, mentoring and real-world projects. More than 90 percent of our full-time professors hold the highest degrees attainable in their field. Our faculty are also engaged in cutting-edge research. In fact, CSU ranks among the top 20 percent of universities for research and development in the United States, according to the National Science Foundation. Furthermore, with nearly 50 Fulbright grants awarded to CSU faculty in the past decade alone, CSU has ranked among the nation’s top universities for Fulbright scholars.
7 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
ENGAGED STUDENTS Creative, intelligent, and innovative are just a few words that describe CSU graduate students, but there are so many more. Our more than 5,000 enrolled graduate and professional students come from more than 70 countries throughout the world. They choose CSU for top-ranked programs, location, value, and partnership opportunities with some of the best companies in the nation. Time and time again, CSU graduate students have been nationally recognized for research, received high honors in various competitions, and continue to create innovative solutions for todayâ€™s challenges. Our students are determined to advance their careers and become leaders in their respective disciplines.
9 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
GRADUATE STUDENT RESOURCE CENTER Our
workshops and programming to engage our students and enhance their academic and professional careers. In collaboration with members of the CSU community, our alumni network and local corporations, our mission is to help our students achieve professional goals upon graduation. Graduate student workshops are free of charge and are offered throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. In addition to professional development workshops and engagement programs, the Graduate Student Resource Center also provides assistance with grant writing and helping students identify potential aid and funding opportunities.
11 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs is considered among the top programs of Urban Affairs in the nation and holds a No. 2 ranking out of more than 250 Schools of Public Affairs from U.S. News & World Report for its master’s degree specialty in City Management/Urban Policy. What’s more? The Levin Master’s program in Nonprofit Management is ranked first in the State of Ohio and 12th in the nation. The Levin Master in Public Administration is also ranked in the top-quarter of all graduate public affairs degrees in the country. Levin graduate students are mentored by nationallyknown faculty and research staff recognized for their scholarship and intellectual leadership. The College offers graduate assistantships, internships and opportunities for applied research with faculty. Levin provides a close-knit learning environment that offers personal attention to each student. Through academics, research and community involvement, Levin is advancing effective city management and sound urban policy one graduate at a time.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Environmental Studies • MPA - Master of Public Administration • Nonprofit Administration & Leadership • Urban Planning, Design & Development • Urban Studies • Joint Degree: Juris Doctor & Master of Arts in Environmental Studies • Joint Degree: Juris Doctor & Master of Public Administration • Joint Degree: Juris Doctor & Master of Urban Planning, Design, & Development DOCTORAL PROGRAMS
• Urban Studies & Public Affairs • Urban Studies Policy & Development CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
• Historical Preservation Certificate • Nonprofit Management Certificate • Urban Geographic Information Systems Certificate
13 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
Monte Ahuja College of Business The Monte Ahuja College of Business is a studentfocused, trusted partner to successful businesses all over the Northeast Ohio region, offering effective, practical and applied education. Graduate courses are taught by highly-qualified faculty members â€” 88 percent of whom hold the highest degree in their respective fields. Our alumni are found in executive management positions in more than 2,000 companies nationwide. The Monte Ahuja College of Business is AACSBaccredited in both Business Management and Accounting. AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of quality for business schools worldwide. Less than 5 percent of the worldâ€™s 13,000 business programs have earned this accreditation. CSU is one of the few Universities in Northeast Ohio to have earned this distinction. The Accounting program is one of only 168 programs across the nation to earn a specialized accreditation in accounting from AACSB International. The Mobile Accelerated Master of Business Administration program is ranked No. 1 in Ohio and No. 44 in the nation by U.S News & World Report.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Accountancy - Financial Accounting & Audit • Accountancy -Tax Program • Labor Relations and Human Resources • MBA - Master of Business Administration • Accelerated MBA • Executive MBA • Health Care MBA • Online Mobile MBA • Joint Degree: Juris Doctor & Master of Business Administration DOCTORAL PROGRAMS
• Finance • Global Business • Information Systems • Management Labor Relations • Marketing • Operations Management CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
• Advanced Business Analytics • Business Analytics • Global Business • Global Sustainable Business Practices • Marketing Analytics • Organizational Change
15 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
ClevelandMarshall College of Law Cleveland-Marshall College of Law is a student-centered law school dedicated to creating opportunities, enrolling a diverse student body, and shaping a legal education that meets the needs of each studentâ€™s career and life goals. An evolved curriculum gives students the skills to succeed in the new marketplace, and a strategic bar preparation system, including a partnership with bar prep provider Barbri, gives graduates an edge to success. With a rich tradition of producing prominent attorneys, business leaders and judges, Cleveland-Marshall continues to excel through a forward-thinking approach to legal education. The Trial Courtroom features state-ofthe-art technology and is the most advanced courtroom in any law school in Ohio. Cleveland-Marshall is also home to one of fewer than 10 law-school-based solo practice incubators in the nation. The incubator provides resources for entrepreneurial recent graduates as they start their own firms.
• J.D. - Juris Doctor • LL.M. - Master of Laws • M.L.S. - Master of Legal Studies JOINT PROGRAMS
• Juris Doctor / Master of Arts in Environmental Studies • Juris Doctor / Master of Public Administration • Juris Doctor / Master of Urban Planning • Juris Doctor / Master of Science in Environmental Science • Juris Doctor / Master of Business Administration CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
• Health Law • Health Care Compliance SUMMER ACADEMY
• Great Lakes Sports and Entertainment Law Academy
17 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences The study of human society, cultures, and communication lies at the heart of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. Graduate study in one of the College’s master’s degree programs — whether it is in Communication, Economics, English, History, Spanish, Music, Political Science, or Social Work — will advance, in a specialized way, the understanding of the human phenomenon gained in your undergraduate study. It will also continue to build key transferable skills in research methods, creativity, writing, and critical thinking while preparing you for further graduate/ professional study or credentialing you for the advanced practice of your discipline in the larger community.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Applied Communication Theory & Methodology • Creative Writing • Economics • English • Global Interaction • History • Music • Social Work • Spanish CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
• Advanced Study in Bioethics Certificate • Museum Studies Certificate • Music Performance Certificate
19 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
College of Sciences and Health Professions Graduate students in the College of Sciences and Health Professions actively participate in the process of scientific inquiry and its applications under the direction of accomplished faculty members, each a researcher or scholar internationally renowned in his or her field. Faculty members have received competitive grants for their innovative research from the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, American Heart Association, Department of Energy, NASA and others. College of Sciences and Health Professions research has also yielded a number of patents. The College offers a wide variety of academic programs including Ph.D. programs in Regulatory Biology, Clinical Bioanalytical Chemistr y in collaboration with the Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, and masterâ€™s programs, including the only Diversity Management program in the country.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Biology • Chemistry • Environmental Science • Health Sciences • Health Sciences - Physicians Assistant • Mathematics • Mathematics - Accelerated • Mathematics - Specialization in Applied Statistics • Occupational Therapy • Physics • Psychology - Diversity Management • Psychology - Clinical • Psychology - Experimental • Psychology - IndustrialOrganizational Research Specialization • Psychology - School • Psychology - Specialist • Public Health • Speech Pathology & Audiology DOCTORAL PROGRAMS
• Adult Development • Clinical/Bioanalytical Chemistry • Physical Therapy • Regulatory Biology CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
• Applied Predictive Modeling Certificate • Culture, Communication & Health Care Certificate • Diversity Management Certificate • Gerontological Studies Certificate • Medical Physics Certificate • Museum Studies-Natural History Certificate • OT-PT School Certificate
21 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
Washkewicz College of Engineering The fields of engineering and technology have been fundamental forces in the advancement of humanity. The Washkewicz College of Engineering has been providing
education since 1923. A Washkewicz graduate degree is focused on solid engineering skill sets while also providing access to cutting-edge technological advances. Washkewicz College of Engineering graduate courses are taught by high-quality faculty with real-world engineering experience, resulting in a truly engaged, hands-on learning environment. The graduate programs provide access to cutting-edge research opportunities, including current efforts within microelectro-mechanical-systems (MEMS), human motion, control and space power systems.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Biomedical Engineering • Civil Engineering • Computer & Information Systems • Electrical Engineering • Engineering Mechanics • Environmental Engineering • Chemical Engineering • Mechanical Engineering • Software Engineering DOCTORAL PROGRAMS
• Chemical Engineering • Civil Engineering • Electrical Engineering • Mechanical Engineering CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
• Graduate Engineering Certificate • Software Engineering Certificate
23 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
College of Education and Human Services Ranked among the Best Graduate Schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report, the CSU College of Education and Human Services is committed to educational excellence through teaching, research and service. The College is located in Julka Hall, a LEED-certified facility with state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms and learning spaces with access to the most up-to-date technologies. The College offers tracks for doctoral study, including an American Psychological Association accredited program in Counseling Psychology and masterâ€™s programs, including the award-winning Master in Urban Secondary Education, programs in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling and Adult Learning and Development. Licensure and certificate programs are also offered to teachers and working professionals for career advancement.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Adult Learning & Development • Administration - Principal • Administration - Superintendent • Administration & Supervision • Clinical Mental Health Counseling • Community Health Education • Curriculum & Instruction • Educational Administration • Educational Research • Elementary Education • Gifted & Talented Learners • Health Professions Education • Intervention Specialist • Literacy Development • School Counseling • Urban Secondary Teaching - MUST DOCTORAL PROGRAMS
• Urban Education - Adult, Continuing & Higher Education • Urban Education - Counseling Psychology • Urban Education - Learning & Development • Urban Education - Nursing Education • Urban Education - Policy Studies • Urban Education - School Administration CERTIFICATES AND LICENSURE PROGRAMS
• Adult Learning & Development Certificate • Chemical Dependency Counseling Certificate • Database Decision Making Certificate • Early Childhood (PreK-3) Licensure • Early Childhood Mental Health Certificate • Gifted Endorsement Licensure • Graduate Education Certificate/Licensure • Mild/Moderate Intervention Spec K-12 Licensure • Moderate/Intensive Spec K-12 Licensure • Reading Endorsement/Licensure • Superintendent Licensure • Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate
25 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
School of Nursing The Cleveland State University School of Nursing prepares Registered Nurses for advanced specialized practice. Master of Science in Nursing applicants can choose from programs in Specialized Population, Forensic
Nursing Education. Flexible online course offerings allow Registered Nurses to study and advance their professional careers. The Ph.D. in Nursing Education specialization prepares professional nurses for faculty positions in nursing education leadership roles. The core and specialization courses expand studentsâ€™ understanding of the various aspects of educating individuals to function in a complex applied discipline. The research sequence prepares students to engage in original research in areas related to educating nurses at all levels.
• MSN – Master of Science Nursing • Nursing Education Certificate • School Nurse License Prep • Doctor of Philosophy Urban Education - Nursing Education
27 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
READY TO ENGAGE?
Visit engagecsugradschool.com to review Cleveland State Universityâ€™s tuition rates, requirements for admission and steps to apply.
29 CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY|CSUOHIO.EDU
2121 Euclid Avenue, MC 116 Cleveland, Ohio 44115 Phone: 216.687.5599 Fax: 216.687.5400 firstname.lastname@example.org engagecsugradschool.com