How you can get involved Contact us - CambridgePPF Cambridge Past, Present & Future Wandlebury Ring, Gog Magog Hills, Babraham, Cambridge CB22 3AE Tel: 01223 243830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.cambridgeppf.org Chairman Dr Robin Pellew Treasurer Donald Douglas Chair of Properties Committee Dr Nick Barnes Chair of Planning Committee Prof Peter Landshoff Chief Executive Carolin Gรถhler email@example.com Properties Manager Janet Cornish firstname.lastname@example.org Head of Development Mary Nealon email@example.com Head Ranger Jon Gibbs firstname.lastname@example.org Planning Support Nigel Bell email@example.com
Six ways to help keep Cambridge special
1. Become a member With more members we stand a better chance of being heard. So if you are not already a member, why not join us now? Please use the form on page 15.
2. Support our
member get member scheme
Have you asked your friends, colleagues and neighbours if they too support CambridgePPF? Page 15 of the Ring carries an application form or you can suggest they visit our website. If you know several people who might be interested in joining do photocopy the form or contact the office for copies of our membership leaflet. If you make sure we know you recruited the new members you may be in line for a prize.
3. Join the Patrons Club Lead by our President, Nigel Brown OBE, we are in the process of launching a new annual Patrons Club. Patrons will have special privileges, benefits and opportunities within CambridgePPF see Page 13 for more information.
4. Support us with a legacy Please consider including a gift in your Will to CambridgePPF. Any gift, large or small, given to CambridgePPF will be used to help ensure that we can continue our work to meet the changing needs of the communities of Cambridge and the surrounding villages. Thanks to legacies received in the past, we have been able steadily to expand our operations. If you would like to find out more about leaving a legacy to CambridgePPF do please get in touch with Mary Nealon, who will be happy to discuss these matters, in the strictest confidence with you. Telephone 01223 243830 ext 204 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Make a donation We need to raise funds every year so your donations make a real difference to our work. Donations can be for general support or to a particular area of our work or an appeal. Just let us know your wishes.
6. Volunteer Without volunteers our work could not continue. There are many opportunities to get involved such as: running the Healthy Walks programme helping with nature & building conservation work joining one of our Project Working Groups providing support in the office and everything in between! Volunteers bring a wide range of invaluable skills and interests from all walks of life. It is a really worthwhile and pleasurable way to contribute.
Current volunteer vacancies Editors and designers wanted - we produce The Ring twice a year and many people contribute articles and photographs. We are looking for people to join the editorial and design team. The Ring has been transformed since the relaunch last year and we want to continue to provide a fresh and enjoyable membership news publication. Meetings take place a couple of times before each issue (often with delicious cakes!) with time working at a computer screen to undertake editing, writing and design. Photographer wanted - we have some talented photographers around the team but sometimes need to arrange images at relatively short notice. Would you be interested in helping? Please get in touch with Mary Nealon on email@example.com
14 | CAMBRIDGE PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE summer/autumn 2010
Cambridge, Past, Present and Future newsletter