Page 8

EDMOND POLICE DEPARTMENT 2010 ANNUAL REPORT

CAPTAIN LARRY CAMPBELL

The Transfers portion of the Department FY 10/11 budget was $3,993,842, accounting for 22.02% of the total budget. Transfers are the allocations from other City departments which provide service to the Police Department. The largest portion of these allocations goes to Administrative Support and totaled $2,613,873. The Police Department portion of the cost for Dispatch, Human Resources, Finance, Facility Maintenance and other City departments is paid from this budget category. The Police Department Insurance Assessment is also paid out of the Transfers and this year it totaled $705,636. The other two areas of the Transfers cover the cost to maintain and replace the vehicle fleet. The vehicle maintenance portion of the Transfers was $310,500 and the Fleet Lease Assessment paid was $363,833. Although the Police Department’s budget is $18,133,241 the Department actually has direct control of a much smaller portion of that total budget. Police Personnel Services expenses and allocations total $16,924,691 and accounts for 93.33% of the total budget. The remaining $1,208,550 or 6.67% of the total budget is used to purchase the necessary supplies and services to operate the Department and provide law enforcement services to the residents of Edmond.

4

EJUSTICE EJustice, our records management system, received a major upgrade in 2009 which added several enhancements and capabilities. One major enhancement is the ability to verify addresses which is accomplished by connecting to an external service, such as the City of Edmond’s GIS database. The database is regularly updated with new addresses and aerial photographs of the City. The Crime Analysis Officer collaborated with the records management system vendor and the City of Edmond GIS Director to implement this new capability. Implementation is approximately 90% complete, and the City of Edmond GIS Department is assisting the Police Department by correcting several thousand address issues in our database. This upgrade will greatly enhance the ability to provide timely crime mapping and geographic crime analysis.

Profile for City of Edmond

2010 City of Edmond Police Department Annual Report  

The Edmond Police Department is again pleased to present its Annual Report to our City and its Leaders. The Police Department, and as a resu...

2010 City of Edmond Police Department Annual Report  

The Edmond Police Department is again pleased to present its Annual Report to our City and its Leaders. The Police Department, and as a resu...