Page 1

Oregon State Office 1201 NE Lloyd Blvd, Suite 801 Portland, OR 97232 Phone: 503-414-3353 Web site: Rod Hansen Housing Programs Director

Does your roof look like this? Housing Repair Loans and Grants

DO YOU NEED A HOME REPAIR LOAN? You may qualify for a 1 percent interest home repair loan through the Rural Development Section 504 Home Repair Program.

• Do you live in and own, or are you purchasing a home that needs repairs or improvements? • Is your family income below 50 percent of the median county income?

If so, we may be able to help with your… • Leaky roof • Unsafe wiring • Faulty plumbing • Poor heating

And other repair needs The following eligibility requirements apply • You must own and occupy the property with a single family dwelling in need of repair. • You must live in a rural area or a community with less than 25,000 people. • Your family income cannot exceed 50% of the median county income. • You must have an acceptable credit history if you are seeking a loan. • You lack money to pay for repairs. • You must be 62 years of age or older to qualify for a grant or a combination loan and grant. • Applications are filed with USDA Rural Development area offices located statewide.

WHAT CAN 1% DO FOR ME? What will be my payment? A $5,000 loan = $23 per month A $10,000 loan = $46 per month A $15,000 loan = $69.00 per month A $20,000 loan = $92.00 per month Maximum loan per family - $20,000 Maximum grant per family - $7,500 Maximum combination loan and grant - $27,500

For More Information Contact The USDA, Rural Development Office in your area or the USDA Rural Development State Office at: Portland (503)414-3335 Toll Free 1-866-923-5626 Ext. 1 Administrative Office for Oregon Corvallis (541)750-7126 Benton, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Lane, Linn, Lincoln, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Tillamook, Washington, and Yamhill Pendleton (541) 278-8049, Ext. 4 Baker, Gilliam, Grant, Malheur, Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, and Wheeler

Redmond (541)923-4358, Ext. 4 Crook, Deschutes, Harney, Hood River, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Sherman, and Wasco Roseburg (541)673-0136, Ext. 4 Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, and Josephine

After USDA Repair


Revised 5/09

USDA Rural Development is an Equal Opportunity Lender, Provider and Employer. Complaints of discrimination should be sent to USDA, Director, OCR, Washington D.C. 20250-9410.

USDA 504 fact sheet