Delay The Effects Of Aging: Simple Beauty Tips To Give You A Youthful Look Few women look forward to aging and wrinkles with a calm, happy attitude. Thus begins the perpetual battle to retain youth, with some people resorting to drastic measures. Youth is highly valued in our culture, but there is a lot to be said for aging gracefully, and with a few clever ideas that do not require any surgery, many women can look much younger, more vital and feel better about themselves.
1. Before you ever apply make-up, prepare your skin. Use gentle exfoliating cleansers to remove dead skin cells. This one step reduces wrinkles and fine lines, while helping your skin appear tighter. Use a moisturizer for your type of skin to avoid flaking and dryness. Add a good eye cream to provide the delicate skin around your eyes with plenty of moisture and help plump up small wrinkles. As you age, you may find that your eyes seem more dry and red all of the time. Use artificial tears to help your eyes feel better and bring back their shine. Ask your pharmacist for products that are thicker than regular eye drops, because they have better lubricating power.
2. If you want to look young, use makeup discreetly. The more makeup you apply to aging skin, the older it looks. Many liquid makeups leave deposits in small wrinkles and make skin look "crepey."
Use a good concealer to hide dark shadows or dark spots, and freshen your complexion by applying a little blush on the apples of your cheeks. The blush should always be well-blended; "bars" of blush are not only unnatural, but make you look years older. Give your eyes a more alert look with a bright, highlighting eye shadow placed right below your eyebrows. Your upper lashes can benefit from mascara to create a strong line that opens up your eyes and takes the focus off of under-eye bags. A darker eyeliner on the outer margin of your upper lid helps enhance this effect. Accent your lips with lip gloss in fresh colors. Because of the softer texture of lip gloss, fine lines disappear around your lips and the gloss creates a look of more lip volume.
3. Watch your sun exposure. Although people still think that a tanned complexion looks fresh and youthful, on aging skin it looks tired and dry. On the other hand, fair, light skin pays off because you will have fewer lines and sunspots, and your skin's texture will remain more smooth. External factors such as sun, environmental toxins and poor diet contribute to almost 80 percent of skin's aging effects. Wearing a good sun screen and avoiding sunburns really does pay off with a more youthful complexion. Use a bronzing powder on your face to give you a sun-kissed look with out the sun
4. Adopt a younger hair style. Your youthful looks can be maintained with stylish haircuts and layered looks. Heavily styled and sprayed hair can quickly make you look old. Take a few hair-styling cues from celebrities and women on TV talk shows that are in your age group. Look for styles that allow you to have a low-maintenance cut that flatters your face shape and features. Additionally, gray hair can make your complexion look sallow. Coloring your hair with warm brown tones creates a freshfaced look. Honey-blonde highlights in warm shades of gold and light brown also look great, and bring out definition in layered hair cuts.
5. Have the right attitude. Being young is a mindset, and those who remain mentally active, eat a well-balanced diet and practice regular exercise not only feel full of energy but also come across to others as younger, vivacious and dynamic. A cheerful disposition helps you keep your youth, because laughing often helps to tighten up facial muscles and relieve stress. Make use of the oldest and most natural mini-face-lift technique, and enjoy the fun that comes with it.
With aging comes wisdom, confidence and many other benefits. Allow your looks to age with grace by taking good care of your skin and using the techniques above to keep you looking young and refreshed. And remember: age is nothing but a number! Click here to find out more
Published on May 10, 2012
well-balanced diet and practice regular exercise not only feel full of energy but also come across to