On behalf of our Publisher, Cornell ‘Chico’ Stevens. We would like to officially welcome you to Cattura Vanity Magazine. ‘Cattura’ is Italian for ‘to capture’ and we plan to capture and bring to
Publisher Cornell Chico Nieves
you STUNNING, INTERESTING, AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL IMAGES, PEOPLE AND PLACES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. Chico vision for Cattura Vanity was to bring you fashion from all for
Editor-in-Chief Nubeia Holland
all women. So, together, we will be be celebrating beauty diversity through fashion and lifestyle. We look forward to receiving your stories, submissions and ideas and bringing you the best of the best.
Graphic Designer Sarah Marie Station
Cattura Vanity Magazine
This Edition Featuring Marisa Griesshaber Model
will officially launch in 2014 until then please enjoy our series of mini-mag features on women in the fashion industry making a difference.
Simplicity Strength Sophistication
10 Questions with
Marisa Griesshabar 1. What made you first become a model? Through my passion for photography I got in contact with several photographers. One of them told me that the plus-size scene is developing rapidly currently. He and several others motivated me to get an inside view of it so I went to a casting, where I had a great success.
2. Who was your role model as a child an how did that help in being a model? Actually it was my mother who influenced me most during my childhood. She was in the cosmetic business and was crazy about fashion. The apple doesn’t fall far from the trunk.
3. How do you feel about the controversy of the size 0 debate in the industry? I don´t like the idea that the fashion industry dictates people how they should be.
4. What does it take to be a Plus-Sized Model? Self-confidence and sexy curves!
“Actually it was my mother who influenced me most during my childhood. She was in the cosmetic business and was crazy about fashion.”
5. What are guilty pleasures food wise? I enjoy food and eat whatever I like. But it is important to be appropriately disciplined.
6. If your were not a model, what other profession would you have been doing instead? I would be behind the camera instead and would work as a photographer. I enjoy creative work.
7. What beauty tips do you swear by? My beauty tip number one is drinking as much water as possible. No. 2 is having a good taste :-)
“I don´t like the idea that the fashion industry dictates people how they should be. “
8. How do you cope under the pressures of being a model? If you love what you don´t feel a pressure in a bad way.
9. What magazine are you featured in? The last one was “Donne con le Curve” - an italian Plus-Magazine where I was proud of beeing published as covermodel.
10. How can our readers find you if they wanted to contact you? I like getting in touch with people on facebook and have a site there: www.facebook.com/ plussize.model.germany
“Self-confidence and sexy curves!“