TV media strategist with a unique background in design and anthropology. Fascinated by the modernization of a legacy entertainment and advertising medium, with a future that holds unlimited potential as people’s video consumption patterns and content expectations continue to shift.
Scholarships & Memberships
Parsons School of Design Strategic Design & Management (BBA) Graduated with honors Notable coursework
New York, NY GPA: 3.91 January 2015
Design & Society; R&D Methods; Innovation; Business Models & Planning
Washington University in St. Louis Major: Anthropology Minor: Business Administration Notable coursework
St. Louis, MO GPA: 3.67 Fall 2009 - Spring 2012
Macroeconomics; Human Evolution; China in the Global Context
YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund • $5,000 Round Scholar (2014) Parsons School of Design • Dean BBA Scholar • Chase Program Scholar • Dean’s List (Fall 2012, Fall & Spring 2013, Fall & Spring 2014) Washington University in St. Louis • Lambda Alpha, National Anthropology Honorary Society • Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Fraternity • Dean’s List (Spring 2011)
Media Experience Adobe Media Strategist - Programmatic / Advanced Television (ATV)
May 2017 - present New York, NY
• Refine the team’s holistic approach to planning, ordering and executing campaigns in the ever-changing ATV marketplace. • Leverage our proprietary software platform to build plans. Regularly share feedback to engineers in order to guide product improvements. • Educuate traditional TV advertisers on the philosophy and mechanics behind programmatic TV. Advise them on the best ATV tactic, based on their campaign KPIs. Justify recommendations with data and provide ongoing support. • Work with sellers and partnership leads to craft winning client proposals. Helped the team beat 4Q17 gross profit goal by 8%. • Walk clients through the process of on-boarding their 1st party data and our menu of measurement capabilities. • Perform various analyses (included incremental reach, on target percentage and TV-to-cookie match rate) for clients. • Stay abreast of all industry nuances- with special attention to the addressable and connected TV spaces. July 2016 - May 2017 New York, NY
Cadreon Associate - Programmatic / Advanced Television (ATV)
• Built custom audiences (based on search histories, psychographics, etc.) to help TV advertisers reach cord-cutters and raise their ROAS. • Placed and managed more efficient and scalable scatter market buys for various accounts (including CPGs, autos and insurance.) Worked directly with suppliers (including local affiliates, cable and satellite companies) to ensure weekly and overall campaign goals were hit. • Designed and delivered post-campaign brand health studies and sales match-back reports. • Met with network groups and content aggregators to explore new opportunities and possible partnerships. September 2015 - July 2016 New York, NY
Spark Foundry Junior Media Planner - Multicultural
• Dedicated planner on telecom giant’s Hispanic account, responsible for aligning all activation teams (including digital, social, search, radio, print, OOH and TV.) • Created PPT decks for tactical recommendations, competitive analyses, consumer storyboards, etc. Reviewed with client and led status calls. • Maintained budget trackers, cost outs, buy specs and flow charts. Worked closely with billing and operations to troubleshoot any issues.
Earlier Professional Experience The Doneger Group Trend Research Intern
June 2014 - August 2014 New York, NY
• Researched and curated cultural movements for think tank, The Tobe Report. Also attended collection previews and reported on up-and-coming trends in the fashion and retail spaces. Pilot Projects, LLC R&D Intern
December 2012 - September 2013 New York, NY
• Owned several projects at the design consultancy. Prototyped a new handbag concept; designed a sustainable feral cat shelter for a non-profit; created engaging PPT decks for a brand’s new CEO.
Monique Rene NY
Helped a friend launch her handbag start-up. Wrote press release, designed look-book and proposed social media strategies. Styleta (WashU Chapter)
Recruited members, directed photo shoots, oversaw runway show planning. Runway event’s 160+ guests raised $5,000 for Charity Water. WUSICE (WashU)
Initiated first ever US-China undergraduate conference on climate change. Hosted 11 Fudan University students, delivered white paper to UN COP 16.
My Problem-Solving Skills Conduct field observations and interviews Optimize print and digital databases Curate the useful from the impertinent Derive insights, question them, forecast the future Storytell in pixels - simplify the complex Persuade with words - say more with less
My most recent professional resume.