COM 295 Week 3 Knowledge Check To Purchase This Material Click below Link http://www.com295rank.com/product-31-COM-295-Week-3-Knowledge-Check FOR MORE CLASSES VISIT www.com295rank.com 1. Which of the following statements is true about primary research? A. Primary research refers to the analysis of data collected by others outside an organization. B. Primary research provides feedback directly related to an organization and its needs. C. Primary research is less time-consuming and economical to carry out than secondary research. D. Primary research is free from biases toward preexisting opinions and beliefs.
2. Which of the following terms best describes the process that involves the analysis of data collected by others with no direction from you or members of your organization? A. Strategic maneuvering B. Delphi method C. Value chain analysis D. Secondary research
3. Which of the following is of the least importance when analyzing data?
A. Understanding database design B. Using statistical software over spreadsheet software C. Analyzing data with colleagues in a group D. Focusing on issues that are tangential to key research problems.
4. Which of the following raises the credibility of a report? A. Stating the business problem at the end of the report B. Presenting arguments that are open to interpretation C. Dealing with predictions and the cause-effect statements carefully. D. Shielding the urgency of the problem.
5. Which of the following is an advantage of documenting your research sources? A. It makes your report easy to navigate. B. It allows decision makers to judge the quality of your data. C. It decreases the size of your report. D. It helps establish the purpose and value of the report.
6. What does it mean to demonstrate originality in thought when using secondary research to develop reports? A. To combine information from your various sources in novel and insightful ways.
B. To use indirect quotations when the quotation contains a particularly compelling combination of words. C. To raise the credibility of your report by carefully dealing with cause-effect statements. D. To provide citations to indicate the information you have drawn from other sources.
7. Which of the following demonstrates originality in thought when using secondary research to develop reports? A. Citing all your research sources B. Generating your own conclusions and recommendations C. Using the most current documentation guidelines D. Adopting a methodical and skeptical approach to decision making
8. Which of the following is true of persuasive messages? A. The vast majority of business messages are persuasivemessages B. Persuasive messages do not need any prior planning C. Persuasive messages are very similar to messages that express appreciation D. Persuasive messages require a message structure that reduces resistance 9. Which of the following is the first step in the planning process for writing persuasive messages? A. Conducting the FAIR test for the message B. Analyzing the audience
C. Setting up the message structure D. Developing ideas
10. Which of the following is true about understanding your audience? A. It is necessary to understand the values of your audience but not their needs. B. To understand your audience, ask as few questions as possible to avoid annoying them. C. The process of understanding your audience should be started after developing the persuasive message. D. It is important to consider the psychological principles that impact people's decisions.