AIESEC in Central America South EB 2011 Application Form LCVP Communications and OGX of AIESEC in OE LATINA Name: Alexandre Benavides Silva
RST IM Coordinator
AIESEC in CAS
Mobile: +507 6755 43 60
Regional and International Meetings Academic, practical and professional eXperience
How to manage a groups of students, make them feel conformable and interested in the
Front Office Agent
The customer must always be satisfied. Improve my work under pressure skills. Patience.
1. How do you see this role contributing to improve the sales performance, the
number of support partners, the number of exchanges and the awareness of AIESEC products in the external environment? The external relations (sales & delivery) area needs to conceive sales products and expose them to the customer. Most of the companies are attracted by the image of AIESEC we are selling them. In order to fulfil the partner expectations, we have to deliver a decent and attractive product, making sure the AIESEC brand is well displayed. Generally, the vice-president in charge of external relations creates this product by itself and send it to the Communication area members so they can approve it. In my opinion, they should work from the beginning with a lot of synergy and discussing ideas. I would do something uncommon in AIESEC CAS, a meeting Comm + ER so we can effectively and rapidly solve those issues. Itâ€™s important to the members of both areas to meet each other in order to accelerate the processes that right now are slow, since working virtually is a delay and I can affirm this with my experience working online. Regarding the number of exchanges, once again we should work together with Sales and Delivery. The success of most committees in CAS regarding ICX and OGX involve well-structured campaigns in all the social medias available. We will accomplish this using the same idea as I presented before. We should discuss all together the best strategies for this and think in how the stakeholders will be engaged by this. By studying the university surveys and making a clear pool analysis we should quickly create a campaign based on these results and not act blindly.
As explained previously, we should focus on the communication between all the areas. Frequently only the Vice-Presidents are involved in the synergy, but I reinforce my statement that we should work as one and get to know each tem first. All the good case practices that Iâ€™ve seen have the effective communication as its core.
2. What strategy would you use to Raise, Match and Realize EPs in a short term period? The OGX processes will be faster. A lot of campaigns will take place in the beginning of Q3 to recruit interested exchange participants. Basically an ongoing EP recruitment managed by the OGX team, no OC required for this. The campaigns are mainly focused on DTs. We shall seek cooperation with Costa Rican LCs and promote their exchanges. Lately, AIESEC in Panama have been sending several EPs to Brazil, and this may be another country we will be recommended to them. The strategy that has been effective in my past recruitment was to teach the LC members in how to sell the exchanges to their friends. All the EPs that had an exchange with LC UTP had discovered AIESEC this way, by another member. A lot of support from the side of the MC will be requested. Mainly in the EP tracking and matching. As well in the Big Pictures that are planned in the Q3 alongside the Ongoing recruitment. I will also encourage OGX members to become buddies from interested exchange participants. The main idea is them to invite the EPs to LCs activities and help them in the induction. It was observed that a lot of ICX members for in exchange mainly because they are surrounded by interns and this motivate them to live their own experience. Since the LC Latina is a new committee, we will need support from others LC regarding Review Boards and OPS to make them faster. The organization of these events takes a long time. It will be better to wait some months for the LC Latina to build up its structure in order to take chances in organize those events by our own.
3. How would you assure the usage of MyAIESEC.net by your members? Since the induction, the platform will be presented to the members. I’ve hear many feedbacks from myaiesec trainings and the problem with most of them is that coaches always make a 3 hours sessions explaining how to register in the system and to make your profile. They don’t see all the resources the platform can offer and lose interest on it. The trainings I’ve made were not made by me and most of the time I have to add more information to them. So I would like to spark the light of curiosity of their minds. This will arise the interest in the platform in them. Make sure all the members have access to the exchange module. This could increase the numbers of EP within the members that enter AIESEC looking only for LR.
1. What do you think should be the three main priorities of your role, what
strategies would you propose for each one and what results would you like to see in each of those areas at the end of your term?
1. Memberâ€™s development: We could achieve all the results and become the numbers one in CAS, but if we forget about our pipeline, the LC will not grow forwards and everything it was done will be in vain. Make sure the next members can take the lead of the area and the LC is what concerns me the most. I will assure that the members of my area are satisfied with the work theyâ€™re doing, keep a close tracking of their development, take a lot of feeedbacks from them, motivate them to participate and take important roles in the LC with other activities.
the numbers of EPs realized: For me not only is important to achieve this result in order to make LC Latina become full status, but to overachieve this result. The Universidad Latina of Panama has a lot of potential in giving a lot of exchange experiences to their students, so Iâ€™m very optimistic about this. I will work very close to AIESEC USMA, because there had worked with this University many times and know it well, we just have to get all the good case practices and improve them and take this to a another level.
3. Recognition of the LC inside and outside AIESEC: the idea in the internal campaigns it to be recognized by AIESEC in CAS and hopefully in AIESEC International. My final goal will be the LC to have outstanding result and become so noticed that even other countries hear about out GCP opening an LC and using it. This will be done by promoting all the important activities and results in all the social medias. Compete to achieve some award in CAS will also be a plus and by my side I will be motivating all the members to do so releasing competitions to promote the growth of the LC. In other hand, make sure people in the university get to know AIESEC, improving the Brand Audit results. My goal is to have a great amount of students and graduates wanting to enter AIESEC at the end of the period, people requesting to enter without the need of a huge recruitment campaign. Make them aware of what AIESEC stands for, our values, our vision, our mission and the opportunities we offer.
2. Describe how you would improve the Short Term Members involvement with the LC before they leave on exchange. TM has what it’s called Short Term AIESEC XP for EPs. It’s a powerful tool that is not used with frequency in CAS. In their induction, we will make a session about the opportunities and roles they can take in the committee before they leave. The synergy with TM will be crucial at this moment. Since we don’t have many members recruited in the areas, interested exchange participants will have the chance to take an important role in the LC. I will explore this opportunity very closely for them.
3. Describe how you would improve the reintegration process in OE LATINA. The reintegration process is something VERY important that has to be taken seriously, and I will. Something that I’ve always done by the side of OGX and Comm was to make the EP something similar like a rockstar in the LC. They feel special about the attention we give them. From the moment they leave, when they are on exchange and back. The LC must be aware of the timeline of the process he/she is being through and be in the news all the time. When he/she come back, the reception party must be mandatory. Then he/she will be invited to a coffee talk with me to talk about the his/her future in AIESEC and what are the opportunities. As well, he will be called to talk about the experience he lived in another country. This has showed to be a very important thing, since I’ve invited them in UTP to many LCM and meetings and they simply love to talk about their XP. This will also help the LC to get more EPs.
4. What are your strategies regarding Social Media and Web 2.0 for 2011?
We should explore how effective is the use of all the social media channels with the students of the Universidad Latina. In many countries the majority of their members get to know AIESEC this way. My strategy internally will be promoting all the activities and make a lot of recognitions in those channels. Promote through CAS with the support of the MC as well. A member will be assign to administrate all those channels and make sure he gets all the information he needs to publish the updates. All the good case practices will be studied before. The one that impressed me the most are the group made on facebook of the LC UTP’s seminar Boost and all the social media propaganda made by the OC Jump, whose attracted many people from all around the world.