Recipes mixed with love and fresh ingredients.
~ Vol. 1~
contents breakfa s t Ooh La La French Toast Sausage Biscuit
mai n di s h e s Pizza Meatloaf White Chicken Chili
‘ oodle s o f n o o d l e s Chili Mac Baked Mac n’ Cheese Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Asparagus & Pine Nuts Fettucine Alfredo Penne Pasta Bake Stuffed Manicotti
de ssert s
Coffee Cup Cake Peanut Butter Balls Microwave Carmel Corn Brownie Cookies
fan c y f e a s t f u n Fondue Aunt Jodi’s Cheeseball Hot Cocoa
I hope you enjoy this cookbook. I picked out some of my favorite recipes to share with my family and close friends. Have fun cooking them! Love,
Ooh La La
1. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs then mix in the milk and vanilla.
2. Heat butter in frying pan over medium heat. Soak the slices of bread in the egg mixture, turning once. They should be saturated, but not falling apart.
4 eggs 1/2 cup milk 1 tsp. vanilla extract 2 tbsp. butter 8 slices of bread
3. Brown the bread in the pan, turning once; about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Hadley’s Tip: “This is haden’s favorite! It’s quick and easy and great for breakfast in a hurry. Spice it up and get some country gravy and have breakfast for dinner.”
Samâ€™s Homestyle Biscuits Turkey Sausage patties - Frozen
1. Microwave the biscuits for 30 seconds. Cut in half.
2. Place sausage patty on microwave-safe dish. Heat as indicated on package.
3. Put 1 patty on a biscuit, enjoy!
1 lb. lean ground beef 1/2 lb. lean ground pork 3/4 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs 1 egg 1 (15-oz.) can pizza sauce 8 small slices pepperoni 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 350oF. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, egg and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce; mix well. Press mixture in ungreased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350oF. for 45 minutes.
2. Remove loaf from oven. Spread 1/4 cup of remaining pizza sauce over loaf. Arrange pepperoni over sauce. Return to oven; bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Sprinkle cheese over top of loaf; bake additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Heat remaining pizza sauce and serve with meat loaf.
Hadley’s Tip: “This makes a lot of chili! You can always freeze it and enjoy it another day.”
4 chicken breasts, cleaned and diced 2 cans Northern Beans (drained) 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 onion, diced 3/4 cup jalapeno peppers, diced
1 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced 1 1/2 Tsp. Cumin 1 1/2 tsp. oregano 1 bunch cilantro, chopped 2 cups heavy cream 1 qt. chicken broth
1. In large stock pot saute chicken, onion, jalapeno peppers and garlic with oil. 2. Add broth, spices, herbs and beans. Bring to a boil. 3. Add cream and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chili MAC 1 1/2 lb. hamburger 1 onion, chopped 2 bottles (12 oz.) Brooks tangy ketchup 2 small cans Coney Island hot dog sauce 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 2 tbsp. vinegar Spaghetti Brand name ingredients listed must be used!
1. Brown hamburger and onion; drain.
2. Combine with remaining ingredients; simmer.
3. Serve with cooked pasta.
Macaroni&Cheese 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni 3 tbsp. butter 3 tbsp. flour 1 tbsp. powdered mustard 3 cups milk 1/2 cup onion, chopped 1/2 tsp. paprika 1 egg
1 12-oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 1 tsp. salt pepper Topping: 3 tbsp. butter 1 cup bread crumbs
1. Cook noodles according 2. Stir in the milk, onion to package, al dente. and paprika. Simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk In seperate pot, melt the in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of butter. Whisk in the flour the cheese. Season with and mustard and keep salt and pepper. Fold the it moving for about 5 macaroni into the mix minutes. and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
3. Melt the butter in saute pan and toss the bread crumbs to coat. Top the macaroni with the bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes at 350oF. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
1. In a 2- or 3- quart pan, combine sun-dried tomatoes in 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tomatoes are soft (about 10 minutes). With a slotted spoon, remove tomatoes from pan. Chop tomatoes and return them to liquid; set aside.
2. While tomatoes are cooking, boil pasta for 5 minutes. Add asparagus to boiling water with pasta, continue until asparagus is barely tender when pierced (5 to 7 minutes). Drain well, keep hot.
3. Preheat a 13-inch pan until rim is hot-to-thetouch. Add oil and wait for about 1 more minute. Add pine nuts and garlic; cook about 4 minutes. Add pasta, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and their liquid. Stir pasta mixture until hot. Mix in grated cheese and basil.
3/4 cup chicken broth 4 cloved garlic, peeled 4 oz. fettuccine 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks 2 tsp. cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water 2 tbsp. sour cream pinch of nutmeg 1/8 tsp. pepper 3/4 cup parmesan cheese 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Bring large saucepan of water to a boil. Combine broth and garlic cloves in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until garlic cloves are soft, about 15 minutes. 2. After garlic has simmered about 10 minutes, cook fettuccine in the boiling water, stirring often, for 8 minutes. Dropa in zucchini and cook until the fettuccine is tender, about 1 minute. 3. Meanwhile, transfer the garlic and broth to a blender. Process until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Return the mixture to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch mixture, whisk until slightly thickened, about 15 seconds. Remove from the heat and whisk in sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Return the pot to very low heat to keep the sauce warm. 4. Drain the pasta and place in large bowl. Add the sauce and 1/2 cup Parmesan, toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve along with remaining Parmesan cheese.
pasta Bake 12 oz. penne pasta (or gnocchi) 1 lb. italian sausage 1 cup onion, chopped 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce 1 can (14.5 oz.) Diced tomatoes with italian herbs 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions; drain. 2. Cook meat and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat, 5 minutes; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and 1/2 cup water; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. 3. Layer half pasta, half sauce and half cheese in 13x9â€? baking dish; repeat. Cover and bake in preheated 350o F. oven for 20 minutes
Hadley’s Tip: “I used gnocchi noodles instead of penne for something a little different!”
Hadley’s Tip: “This is daddy’s favorite. He has it on his birthday every year!”
Stuffed manicotti 1 (8 oz) package Manicotti 1 lb. Italian sausage 1/2 cup chopped onion 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste 1 tsp. dried basil leaves 1 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook manicotti according to package; drain. Preheat oven to 350. In large skillet, brown sausage; pour off fat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onoin is tender. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
1/4 tsp pepper 1 (15 oz) container Ricotta cheese 2 cups shredded Mozzarella 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 egg
2. In a medium bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, Provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; mix well. Stuff manicotti.
3. Spread half the sauce on the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over manicotti; cover. Bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer.
5 minute coffee cup cake
1. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Add egg; mix well. Add milk and oil; mix well. Add Chocolate chips and vanilla; mix well. 2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
3. Tip out and enjoy!
Balls 1 stick Butter 1 18 oz. jar of peanut butter 1 box Powdered Sugar 3 cups rice crispies melted chocolate 1. Mix softened butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Stir in rice crispies. Roll into 1-inch balls. 2. Melt chocolate. Cover peanut butter balls in choclate and put on freezersafe plate. Put in the freezer until chocolate sets up. Remove from plate, enjoy!
Hadley’s Tip: “These are mommy's favorite!”
Microwave carmel corn popcorn 1 cup Brown Sugar 1 stick Butter 1/4 cup light corn syrup 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Make enough popcorn to fill a large paper grocery bag 1/3 full. Mix all other ingredients.
2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove, stir, microwave another minute.Remove, add 1/2 tsp baking soda, stir well (mixture becomes foamy).
3. Pour over popcorn in bag, evenly, stirwhile you pour. Fold over top of bag. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high. Remove, shake well. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high.Remove, shake well. Microwave 1/2 minute on high.Remove and pour on wax paper to cool.
Hadley’s Tip: “To make little brownie bites, use a mini muffin pan and fill 3/4 full. Bake as directed!”
48 caramel kisses 1 brownie mix with syrup 1/4 cup cocoa 2 eggs 1 tbl. oil 1 tbl. water 2 tsp. milk
1. Grease cookie sheet. 2. Mix brownie mix, syrup, cocoa, eggs, oil and water. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 3. Make 48 1-inch balls. Bake at 350oF. for 9-11 minutes. Place caramel on top.
Fancďż˝ Feast fun recipes
e u d n o f 2/3 cup apple juice 2 cups shredded American Cheese 1/8 tsp. dry mustard 1 3-oz. package cream cheese, softened Dippers (bread, fruit, vegetables) 1. In medium saucepan heat juice just until bubbling. Add cheese and mustard, stirring until smooth. Stir in cream cheese, cook and stir over low heat until smooth. 2. Transfer to fondue pot. 3. Serve wih dippers.
2 8-oz. package Cream cheese, softened 1 tbsp. mayo 1 tbsp. lemon juice 1 2 1/2-oz. package chip beef garlic salt season salt onion powder 1 tsp. minced onion parsley worchestershire sauce - to taste
1. Mix 2. Roll into ball 3. Eat!
Hadley’s Tip: “Put some heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips in your "Swiss Miss" for a rich taste!”
classic Hot cocoa
and chocolate mix
1 cup Sugar 1 cup cocoa powder 1 cup nonfat dry powdered milk 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips 2 tsp. kosher salt mini marshmallows for garnish
For the mix: Combine sugar, cocoa powder, milk, chocolate chips and salt in container. To make a serving: Scoop 1/3 cup of the mix into a mug and pour boiling water over it. Stir until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth. Top with marshmallows.
Hadley’s Tip: “Make mom or dad do the dishes!”
index Aunt Jodi’s Cheeseball................................ Baked Mac n’ Cheese...........................
Brownie Cookies .......................................... chili Mac.............................................
Coffee Cup Cake............................................ Fettucine Alfredo.............................
Fondue.......................................................... Hot Cocoa............................................
Microwave Carmel Corn.............................. Ooh La La French Toast..........................
Peanut Butter Balls.................................... Penne Pasta Bake................................
Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Asparagus & Pine Nuts........... Pizza Meatloaf....................................
42 36 32 40 34 33 20
Sausage Biscuit................................................ Stuffed Manicotti.............................
White Chicken Chili....................................
Love, Hadley 2009