INTEGRITY | ACCURACY | OBJECTIVITY
ICFE Consultancy Group Pte Ltd International Cybercrime & Forensics Examiners www.icfe-cg.com PRESENTS
2-Day Training on
Understanding Procurement Fraud: Investigation & Resolution 10 & 11 March 2010, Hotel Rendezvous, Singapore
Who Should Attend
Complete the registration form at the back of this brochure and return it to us by fax @ (65) 6222 9865 • Purchasing Managers • Procurement Managers • Buyers, Merchandisers • Fraud Investigators • Legal & Compliance Managers • CFOs & VPs Finance • Financial Controllers & Accountants • CEOs & MDs • Company Directors • Risk Management & Regulatory Managers • Internal Auditors & Audit Managers • Internal Control Officers • HR & Training Managers • IT & Contract Managers • all who involved in Corporate Transparency & Governance
Led By: Tommy Seah
Purchasing fraud is on the rise. Companies today do not just face risks from internal fraud but also from external criminals who are technologically savvy. The important role on combating fraud plays in minimising financial losses is fast gaining ground. ICFE experts is providing you with practical advice on how to “look for red flags” and symptoms of fraud. Discover why some numbers do not add up. Mitigate this fraud risk management by learning the latest strategies that can be adapted to your company. This event will also cover investigation and prevention, most importantly how to structure your business processes to minimise the risks whilst maintaining operational efficiency. Recognising the challenges that organisations are facing in combating Purchasing Fraud, ICFE Consultancy Group Pte Ltd is pleased to present this 2-days Training on Understanding & Preventing Procurement Fraud. This will serve as an excellent opportunity to learn how best to conduct an internal investigation to protect your organization and step up on controls to deter fraud.
Comments from Past Delegates Have a greater pespective and idea of what fraud is all about. It does not only involve corruption. ~ DSTA
Register by 31
Jan 10 for an
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT!
Approved CPD Provider
The unique techniques to prevent procurement fraud.
Having good and effective internal controls and procurement fraud strategies. ~ RP
Become an Associate Member of CSI WORLD HEADQUARTERS (worth USD200) for FREE! See brochure for more details.
AIA Members stand to receive 14 units of CPD hours by attending this seminar
CSI Members enjoy 16 units of CPE Credits
CSI World Headquarters Training Professionals Globally
SPECIALLY TAILORED IN-HOUSE TRAINING is now available! Course Schedule
Tel : (65) 6222 9860 | www.icfe-cg.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: (65) 6222 9865
Understanding and Shaping Your Environment • Understanding your policies, codes and practices • The Trinity of Controls • The Paradigm Shift • The need for Fraud Risk Management Anatomy of a Kickback Case • Collusion between employees and third parties represents a growing number of all corporate frauds. The Fraud Compass : • In what order would you perform the suggested investigative tasks? • What would each of you recommend to be done to investigate the rumours of the COO receiving kickbacks from vendors? Recap Morning Session Anatomy of a Kickback Case - Contd…. • Where do I find the help in investigating Procurement Fraud? • What can be done to put more puzzle pieces on the board? • What are the appropriate financial records to examine? Creative Accounting and Purchasing Fraud • The Systemic Approach to fraud detection • Purchasing fraud exposures • Symptoms and “red flags” of purchasing fraud General Discussion & Question Session
Introduction to Purchasing Fraud • What is Procurement fraud? • Internal Controls limitation • The Role of Internal Auditor, Risk Management and Compliance in addressing Procurement Fraud
Recap on Day 1 Corruption and Cultural Considerations • Gifts and entertainment practices • Understanding the global environment • Pressures toward transparency • Special situations in select industries • Blanket purchases Suggestions for assessing and improving your environment • Ethics and Integrity • Can ethics be taught ? • Ethical Decision Making Model • The Triangle of Temptations A Classroom participative Case Study Recap Morning Session Investigating - Responding to Suspected Wrongdoing • Introduction to Investigations • What a complete investigation should include • Proving wrongdoing in purchasing • An investigative checklist Contracting & the Prevention of Purchasing Fraud • Contracting tasks and controls • Some 'Red Flags" on Procurement Fraud • Working with management to deter purchasing fraud • Suggestions for the future A Discussion on Procurement Fraud Cases Case Studies, Q & A Session
Refreshment 2 Tea Breaks and 1 Lunch Break will be provided for both days Interested in other courses? Download our EVENT CALENDER at www.icfe-cg.com
• Benefit from discussion and “real life” case studies. • Gain insights from leading fraud investigators with many years of professional experience. • Stay current with new and exciting developments in the fraud detection and prevention techniques shared • Increase your effectiveness within all aspects of dealing with procurement fraud in your Organization • Leverage on networking, sharing of views and ideas. • Learn how other organizations are dealing with problems of financial fraud.
Suspect a fraud? Consult a Certified Fraud Examiner at (65) 6222 9860 or email email@example.com
Important Notice “ Due to the interactive nature of the learning session, the sequence and contents of the program maybe vary according to the needs of the participants. The speaker reserves the right and the privilege to conduct the program in the manner which he thinks to be in the best interest of the majority of the participants. Please ensure that you understand this completely so as to prevent any form of unrealistic expectation and or disappointment in a public enrolment program that was not tailored to your specific need. Please inform the organizer in advance if you are not agreeable or do not completely understand the above term and we will review your enrolment accordingly. ”
Call today for a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION! No Obligations. Trainer Profile
Tel : (65) 6222 9860 | www.icfe-cg.com | firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (65) 6222 9865
• The only Regent Emeritus of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) within the Asia Pacific • Chairperson Emeritus of CSI World Headquarters • World Class Financial Management Expert • Double Firsts in Financial Management and Accountancy (U.K.) • Chartered Banker, International Accountant, FCPA (USA), CSOXP • Member of Advisory Board to SOX Institute (N.Y.) • Member of Singapore Institute of Directors Tommy is someone you would like to meet in person. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner and a Regent Emeritus, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners based in Texas, USA. CFE is a post graduate professional qualification recognised by the USA Central Intelligence Agency in its recruitment of auditors combating fraud. His services in providing technical training and consultancy in AML and Basel II systems implementation is much sought after by numerous banks in the region, including Germany, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand, Philippines and Taiwan. Tommy’s previous experience includes systems-based auditing in an American International Bank, where he was the Senior Regional Auditor Responsible for the Bank’s audit in the Asia Pacific region. He has also held the top executive position of Chief of Internal Audit in prime offshore bank where his audit duties cover the Singapore and Hong Kong operations of the bank. His brief covers all areas of the bank’s audit of operations and IT systems. Prior to this, he was Head of Operations of a foreign bank. In addition to being a Fellow Member of two internationally recognised and leading UK Accountancy body, Tommy holds professional graduate diplomas from two Banking Institutes including the prestigious Chartered Institute of Bankers (UK). Besides being a qualified fellow member of two U.K professional accounting bodies, he is also a member of EDP Auditors Association now known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and Institute of Internal Auditors (USA). In this region, Tommy Seah is the only Singaporean who holds the membership grade of Senior Associate of Malaysian Institute of Bankers. Tommy Seah has authored seven banking books including the F.I.G Program. The F.I.G is the authoritative and definitive text on Financial Instruments designed to be used in the world wide banking industry. This publication has received excellent review and first class commendation from some of the most authoritative professional certification bodies and top-rated banks in the world. The other six authoritative texts are The Audit Foreign Exchange in Banks, The Control of Money Market Activities in Banks, Understanding and Auditing Operational Risk management, Financial Management for Banks, MCA for Banks and SWAPS in Investment Banking. His latest attempt is in the area of e-fraud and Digital Forensics for banks. For the past twenty eight years, Tommy has trained numerous bank auditors and consulted by numerous lawyers in the region. Financial Instruments, Foreign Exchange, Money Market Options, Derivatives and Swaps are his special interests. He devotes a substantial portion of his time in research work and is presently available on retainer to selected established banks for loss prevention consultancy. Today, he is still very much a hands-on accountant, auditor, investigator and SOX 404 Compliance examiner. You will want to meet him and know him not just for his technical knowledge and professional achievements. In almost every instances, it is his unselfish willingness to share his insights on practical issues and his ability to make complicated things seem simple that the audience find inspiring and refreshing for a change.
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) • Certified Member (CAMS) with Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) • Certified System Investigator (CSI) with the CSI World Headquarters • Member of GRC Group New York • Member of International Compliance Association (ICA) He also holds a Master of Commerce, specializing in Business Law from The University of New South Wales. He obtained his Bachelor of Economics, majoring in Money & Banking and Accounting in 2001 from The University of Western Australia. Stanley is the Managing Director of ICFE Consultancy Group Pte Ltd, a think-tank company that provides multi-consultancy solutions to companies world-wide. He specializes in investigative interviewing & profiling techniques and has handled numerous cases for both local and foreign financial institutions. He is also well versed in financial products knowledge, fraud examination techniques and compliance methodologies. Stanley has worked for large financial institutions like AIA Insurance, Singapore Exchange and United Overseas Bank where he was involved in anti-money laundering, compliance, enforcement and fraud investigation work. To date, he has investigated more than 100 fraud and compliance-related cases and some of them involved over US$1M.
Understanding Procurement Fraud : Investigation & Resolution
10 & 11 March 2010, Hotel Rendezvous, Singapore
How to Register Fax : (65) 6222 9865 Tel : (65) 6222 9860 Email : email@example.com : www.icfe-cg.com Web Post To: ICFE Consultancy Group Pte Ltd 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #05-13, The Central, Singapore 059817 Participant Details
Name: Dr / Mr / Mrs / Ms ___________________________________
Company Address: _______________________________________
Tel No.: ___________________________
Participant’s Email: _______________________________________
Fax No.: __________________________
Contact Person: _________________________________________ Tel No.: ____________________ Fax No.: ____________________ ............................................................................................................... I have read and understood the booking terms & conditions.
Course Fee SGD 1100* (2-Day) - Private SGD 900* (2-Day) - Public Category
Preferred Mode of Payment By Cheque (Please cross cheque made payable to ICFE Consultancy Group Pte Ltd and mail your payment together with this registration form to the Company address stated in the “How to Register” box above. Telegraphic Transfer (Singapore & Other Delegates) DBS Bank Account No.: 100-901448-2 (DBS Current Account) Account Name: ICFE Consultancy Group Pte Ltd Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
Corporate (3 or more pax)
** Register by 31 January 2010 for an EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT!
Call us at +65 6222 9860 to get more information!
* Does not include accomodation
Become an Associate Member of CSI WORLD HEADQUARTERS (worth USD200) for FREE upon registration! Contact Joanne Su at +65 6222 9863 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about the membership.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Payments are required with registration and must be received prior to the Coaching Session to guarantee your place. Walk-in delegates will only be admitted on the basis of space availability at the Coaching Session and with immediate full payment. CANCELLATIONS & TRANSFERS: If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge. Please provide the name and the title of the substitute delegate at least 2 days prior to the program. A refund less 10% administrative charge will be made for cancellation received in writing 10 working days before the program date. A complete set of program documentation and a 50% refund will be given for cancellation made 3 working days before the program date. Regrettably, no refund can be made for cancellation made on and/or after the program. A complete set of documentation will however be posted to you. The organizer reserves the right to make any amendments and/or changes to the program, venue, speaker replacements and/or topics if warranted by circumstances beyond its control. DISCLAIMER: Due to the interactive nature of the learning session, the sequence and contents of the program may be vary according to the needs of the participants. The speaker reserves the right and the privilege to conduct the program in the manner which he thinks to be in the best interest of the majority of the participants. Please ensure that you understand this completely so as to prevent any form of unrealistic expectation and or disappointment in a public enrolment program that was not tailored to your specific need. Please inform the organizer in advance if you are not agreeable or do not completely understand the above term and we will cancel your enrolment accordingly.
Tel : (65) 6222 9860 | Fax: (65) 6222 9865 | www.icfe-cg.com | email@example.com
Published on Dec 28, 2009
• Benefit from discussion and “real life” case studies. • Gain insights from leading fraud investigators with many years of professional exp...