Page 1

Boost Imidacloprid Formulations to Make Survive

Guangzhou China, May 31, 2011 – Imidacloprid, as the largest application amount of neonicotinoid insecticide in the world, is embracing a rapid development. China has big advantages in imidacloprid production, but how to survive in the global market is a big challenge for domestic imidacloprid manufacturers.

Nowadays, China is a major imidacloprid supplier in the world. Homemade imidacloprid has dominated the domestic market, whose capacity has reached 25,000t/a as of 2010. And the country produces about 13,000 tonnes imidacloprid technical in 2010.

However, due to the obvious pest resistance against imidacloprid in China since 2008, domestic market of imidacloprid has seen slow growth in recent years. With notable advantages of high quality and low price, China's imidacloprid products have been largely promoted in global market. In 2010, the total export volume of imidacloprid in China is 15,000 tonnes. It is forecasted that the export volume of imidacloprid calculated by AI will keep growing with CAGR of 7% in next 5 years and Chinese imidacloprid will be increasingly dependent on overseas market.

Suffering depressed market demand and low price competition, there is profit limitation for the imidacloprid technical. Therefore, enhancing the development of imidacloprid formulations is a good way to survive.

It is reported that major imidacloprid formulations in China are 10% WP, 20% SL, 25% WP and 5% EC, among which the consumption of 10% WP is the largest, accounting for 40% of the total in China in 2010. Owing to the growing pest resistance, more and more imidacloprid formulations with high content are needed, such as 50% WP, 70% WP, etc.

Liu Ran, expert of imidacloprid study from CCM also pointed out that domestic imidacloprid manufacturers should boost more potential imidacloprid formulations, together with upgrading technology, increasing brand management and enhancing global competitiveness so that they could survive in the global market.

All the above findings are revealed in CCM’s report Production and Market of Imidacloprid in China. Check it or register in our ValoTracer database for more details.

About CCM CCM is dedicated to market research in China, Asia-Pacific Rim and global market. With a staff of more than 150 dedicated highly-educated professionals. CCM offers Market Data, Analysis, Reports, Newsletters, BuyerTrader Information, Import/Export Analysis all through its new proprietary product ValoTracer. Please visit for more information or contact CCM International Ltd. Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd. 17th Floor, Huihua Commercial & Trade Mansion, No.80 Xianlie Zhong Road, Guangzhou 510070, ChinaÂ

Boost Imidacloprid Formulations to Make Survive  

Boost Imidacloprid Formulations to Make Survive

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you