C AT H ER INE S HALAWAY Design Professional with experience in all facets of Design and Brand Management. Skilled in collaborating with clients and all members of the organization to achieve objectives within time constraints and budgetary guidelines. Provides consistent design solutions to reinforce brand image in print and digital media.
Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
• Identified the need for a work flow system to track, manage and streamline the creative process. Collaborated with IT and Management to formulate structure and develop necessary software application.
Product Development Branding & Packaging Concept Licensor Partnerships Social Media Content Retail Displays
• Played a key role in the $15MM dollar scünci Everyday & Active program execution, a project requiring the coordination of model selection, photoshoots, photo retouching, package design and retail signage within a 10 day completion time.
Production Leadership & Coordination
• Launched the Social Media Initiative, an in-house committee creating social media content to support our the global brand, resulting in the creation of 2 new in-house positions.
• Awarded Employee of the Quarter for outstanding performance
HUSSIAN COLLEGE OF ART
• Developed several US Patented products generating millions in revenue at various mass market retailers
Die Line and Structures
EXPERIENCE CREATIVE SUPERVISOR, Unique Industries Philadelphia, PA (2016-Present) Responsible for Design, Development, and Management of Private Label and Unique Branded Teams • Promoted to Creative Supervisor within 8 months of being hired • Supervises design and production of proprietary party goods including Paper Products, Decorations & Party Favors • Manages daily direction, multiple projects, status reports, and schedules 2 creative teams • Provides exclusive product designs for over 30 domestic & international retailers annually • Prepares Digital Presentations and Coordinates mock ups for Retailer Sales Meetings • Collaborates with Design Director, Marketing Teams and retailers to formulate marketing strategies ART DIRECTOR, CONAIR Corporation Hatboro, PA (2002-2016) Provided leadership and direction to support global brand standards in printed materials, packaging, Retail Displays and sales materials as well as graphics for web and social media channels • Created graphics for over 10 product lines, including scünci Fashion, scünci Girl™, Everyday & Active® and Private Label • Managed Quarterly Promotions, designing more than 100 unique retail displays grossing $12M annually • Provided Creative Services for 6 in-house departments and 12 Corporate Brands Worldwide • Supported Production Team in preparing and releasing up to 2500 SKUs per year, domestically and internationally • Researched Trends in beauty & accessories markets, collaborates with Marketing Department to create Global Trend Report • Collaborated with licensed brands such as Disney, Warner Brothers and Tracy Reese • Partnered with retailers-WalMart, CVS, and Target for private label and account specific projects PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT DESIGNER, Scünci International Hatboro, PA (2002-2005) Developing new products and innovative design solutions for all scünci hair accessories, My Lil Star clothing line, Store ‘Ems storage containers and No Slip Grip technology • Traveled to Asia to work directly with Manufacturers in developing prototypes and streamline manufacturing • Traveled to Europe on trend research trips, compiling materials for Annual Trend Presentations DESIGNER, Mattel, Inc. Mount Laurel, NJ (1998-2002) • Design of printed material associated with Matchbox®, Tyco R/C™, Go Action and Hot Wheels brands, including packaging, retail displays, posters and instruction sheets • Prepared all in-house mock ups for sales presentations and trade shows, including New York City Toy Fair
Represented by Creative Circle 215.625.3664