S E C I V R UBLIC SE
No two days are the same with a job in the uniformed public services. Few other careers offer as much opportunity for excitement, satisfaction, camaraderie or duty. With opportunities that span from ambulance driver to police officer, Royal Marine to prison officer, for many, it’s more than a job – it’s a vocation. These careers give you a real chance to make a difference to your community, to improve the lives of others and leave your mark on society.
FACILITIES AND RESOURCES
• Wide range of courses preparing you for different services.
• The public services sector is set to be one of the largest recruiters in 2018.
• Combination of classroom theory, debate and practical and physical activities. • Expert tutors many of whom have been serving officers.
• The average starting salary working in the Public Services sector is between £14,000 and £25,000.
• Guest speakers and activities from the full range of public services.
• The NHS treats more than 1.4 million patients every 24 hours and is the fifth largest employer in the world.
• Visits to organisations and events – including House of Commons, Metropolitan Police Training Centre, the Emergency Services show etc.
86 I Course guide 2019/20