N I R E E N I ENG
Y G O L O G TECHN
Whether you want to continue in education and gain additional qualifications, or move directly into the workplace and put your skills into practice, our engineering courses can get you where you want to go. You’ll be introduced to all aspects of engineering including design, hydraulics, welding, product design and electronics. You’ll be trained on all the latest technology used in the workplace, including our CNC milling and turning machines, laser cutter-centre and 3D printers.
FACILITIES AND RESOURCES • Light airy workshops designed to give you lots of space to learn your trade, while you practise your skills on the latest tools used in industry. • Latest technology and machinery. • Inspirational tutors with first-hand experience within the sector. • Strong links with respected industry giants like Babcock and BAA so you will develop practical knowledge and skills required in the workplace. • Courses are accredited by the main industry bodies.
INDUSTRY FACTS • Between 2015 and 2016 the number of engineering enterprises in the UK grew by 5.6%, and the employment rate grew by 5.1%.
• Aerospace Level 4 • Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Extended) Level 3 • Electrotechnical Level 3 • Engineering & Maintenance Level 3 • Engineering Technical Support Level 3
• The average graduate salary in engineering is £25,000.
• Fabrication & Welding Level 3
• Recent high profile projects have created a raft of opportunities for skilled engineers, from landmark rail projects like Crossrail and High Speed Two (HS2), to the transformational Thames Tideway scheme.
• Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Level 3 and 4
46 I Course guide 2019/20
• Performing Engineering Operations Level 2