P2 - Hot, hot, hot.
(Thermal Energy Transfer)
1) What type of thermal heat transfer happens as waves of infra red radiation __________________. 2) Does a hotter body emit more or less radiation than a cool body? _____________ 3) Does a dark matt surface emit more or less radiation than a light shiny body?_____________ 4) Does a surface with a larger surface area emit more or less radiation than a surface with a smaller surface area?_____________ 5) Does a dark matt surface absorb more or less radiation than a light shiny body?_____________ 6) What type of heat transfer happens through a solid? _________________________ 7) How is heat conducted through a solid?
8) Why are metals better conductors than non metals?
9) Heat energy is conducted from the hot end to the _______ end. 10) What type of heat transfer happens through a fluid? ____________________________ 11) When a gas or liquid is heated what happens to its density? __________________ 12) Describe how a convection current is produced.
13) Describe how you would insulate a house to reduce heat loss.
14) Double glazing stops heat loss by conduction and convection but not radiation, why?