2=o< 78= 3><=
2 = o <
)HBÂ¢C9=;<;5* 1 6 $ I Â‡ *" Â‡'" ( .-GÂ‡1 " -GÂ‡.1
AOVMYWO ^Y <YMU -\OOU 3 KW ObMS^ON ^RK^ XOb^ aOOUOXN aO aSVV MOVOL\K^O <YMU
-\OOUu] ^R LS\^RNKc 3 RYZO cY_ aSVV WKUO S^ K Z\SY\S^c
^Y LO RO\O K] aO MOVOL\K^O ^RS] ]SQXSPSMKX^ WSVO]^YXO >YNKc Y_\ =WKVV 1\Y_Z] :K]^Y\ <_]] 2YVWO] S] ^OKMRSXQ
2O aSVV LO ]ZOKUSXQ KLY_^ v>RO ,SLVO$ 3WZY\^KX^ Y\
CY_ aSVV NOPSXS^OVc VOK\X ]YWO XOa ^\_^R]
^YNKc 3 aY_VN VSUO ^Y K]U KVV YP Y_\ PS\]^ ^SWO Q_O]^] ^Y ]^YZ Lc Y_\
3XPY\WK^SYX :K`SVSYX SX ^RO >YaX =[_K\O KXN \OMOS`O K QSP^
aO RK`O PY\ cY_ 2K`O K Q\OK^ NKc 7K\U
0$5.(9$16 6(1,253$6725 ZZZSDVWRUPDUNHYDQVFRP
37:9<>+8>orh )%1*E Russ Holmes, Pastor to Small Groups November 7 - 8, 2010 Nehemiah 8:1-3, 5-12 - Ezra reads the Book of The Law to the people
There are 6 things that help us see the authority of the Bible and why it is important. THEY ARE: 1. It is ________________________________ by God and it is ________________________________ for life. (God breathed, and for our instruction) 2 Tim. 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2. It is the very ________________________________ of God. (God spoke through men who were set apart for His work) 2 Samuel 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me; his word was on my tongue. Jeremiah 1:9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, â€œI have put my words in your mouth.â€œ
3. It is ________________________________ and it lasts ________________________________. (It is the only rule of faith and practice) Psalm 111:7-8 The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. They are established for ever and ever, enacted in faithfulness and uprightness. Psalm 119:89 Your word, LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.
#*'B,0K3N&4 EOPI=O ?DN
O]Yj]Y[hlaf_f]oYf\mk]\Za[q[d]kaf_gg\[gf\alagflg _an]lg]d]e]flYjqY_][`ad\j]faf;]fljYd9jcYfkYk&Qgm[Yf \jghl`]eg^^Yll`];Yj];]fl]jLG<9QYf\F=PLKMF<9Q$ FGN=E:=J),L@>JGE02+(%FGGF&L`Yfcqgm^gjeYcaf_ Y[`ad\kead]l`ak;`jakleYk&
Kidz RAP Ministry is once again collecting new or gently used coats for children who are in need. Please donate coats that are children’s size X-Small through adult size Small. Larger adult sized coats can also be donated and will be given to the Rock Creek Homeless Ministry. Collection bins will be located in the Town Square near both Information Pavilions. The last day to bring coats will be Monday, November 8th.
COMING UP FOR
If you are interested in leading a new Life Group, please sign up at the Life Groups “WE NEED YOU” table in the town square or email/phone Russ Holmes at the church office to find out more information - email@example.com or 225-8684. If you are interested in BEING A PART OF A NEW LIFE GROUP, “Life Group Link-up” is coming up on Friday evening, November 12th at 6:30 pm. Dinner will be provided. Please register by phoning the church office, by visiting www.churchatrockcreek.com/lifegroups or by signing up on the back of your offering envelope - this will help us know how much food to order. Registration ends November 8th. A nominal charge of $3 per child, $5 maximum per family will be charged for childcare.
$QJHO7UHHMWE[E]JSVYWXSLIPTFVMRKEWQMPIXSXLIJEGISJEGLMPH[LSWI TEVIRXMWMRGEVGIVEXIH8LIMRQEXIWLEZIKMZIRKMJXWYKKIWXMSRWJSVXLIMVGLMPHVIR ERHLEZIWIRXTIVWSREPQIWWEKIWXSXLIQ;IKIXXLISTTSVXYRMX]XSHIPMZIV RSXNYWXEKMJXFYXXLIPSZISJETEVIRX[LSMWRSXEFPIXSQEOIXLEXHIPMZIV]XLMW 'LVMWXQEW8LMWQMRMWXV][MPP[EVQEJEQMP]Â´WLIEVXERH]SYVLIEVXEW[IPP Â‡6SGO'VIIO[MPPHMWXVMFYXIKMJXWXSQSVI XLERGLMPHVIRXLMW]IEV Â‡8LIGSWXJSVKMJXWMWIEGL Â‡)EGLGLMPH %RKIP [MPPVIGIMZIEJYRKMJX XS] ERHEGPSXLMRKKMJXJSVEXSXEPGSWXSJ %2+)07;-00&)(-786-&98)(23:)1&)6 ;LIR]SYVIGIMZI]SYV%RKIP]SY[MPPFIKMZIRER%RKIP+MJX8EKERHSXLIVMQTSVXERXMRJSVQEXMSR =SYQE]HIPMZIVXLIKMJXWXSXLIGLMPH]SYVWIPJSVLEZI6SGO'VIIOHIPMZIVXLIQJSV]SY
November 18th from 6:30-8:00PM Please come for dinner and meet, if you havenâ€™t already, Joan Hemingway, Counselor/LCSW for The Church at Rock Creek. Joanâ€˜s title for Novemberâ€™s LIFT is â€œWhat Is Your Storyâ€?. Sign up for childcare at the aquarium today! To register write LIFT on the back of your envelope or call the church office at 225.8684. Mission Trip to Honduras Rock Creek is going to Honduras this coming February 4th to 13th. There is an interest meeting scheduled for Monday, Nov. 15th in the Care Center from 6:00 â€“ 6:45 PM. Please write â€œHondurasâ€? on your Welcome Envelope if you are interested. You can also contact Mike Grober, our Missions Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
)5(($'0,66,21 /LYH1DWLYLW\â€˘+D\ULGHV ,QIODWDEOHVâ€˘,QGRRU*DPHV )DFH3DLQWLQJâ€˘7UDFNOHVV7UDLQ 0DUVKPDOORZ5RDVWLQJ &RQFHVVLRQVE\3DSD%XUJHUV
1(:7+,6<($5 ,QWHUDFWLYH)DPLO\([SHULHQFH DWSPDQGSP
Register at the door to win one of many great family fun packs including a Wii Entertainment console! We would like to encourage you to bring a donation of canned goods to support the Rock Creek Food Bank.
%ULQJD)ULHQG7RWKLUGSODFH&RPPXQLW\DQGWU\D 3XPSNLQ6SLFH/DWWHSDLUHGZLWKDQ$SSOH&LQQDPRQ3HFDQ 0XIILQ:KDWDJUHDWFRPELQDWLRQ
7YRHE] 1SRHE] 8YIWHE]8LYVWHE] *VMHE] 7EXYVHE]
XS XSERHXS XS '037)( '037)(
-236.</8 :</=-2996 89@/7,/< -?<<3-?6?7$ >RS] WYX^R :\O]MRYYVO\] aSVV LO
VOK\XSXQ ^RK^ 1YN WKNO WO KXN 2O MK\O] :RSVSZZSKX] $# 8V\@ 1<+./ =-2996 89@/7,/< -?<<3-?6?7$ >RS] WYX^R ^RO OVOWOX^K\c
MVK]]O] aSVV LO VOK\XSXQ KLY_^ ^RO `S\^_O YP v?XS[_OXO]]w =>?./8>= v@/<@/w 3= 09< >2 ">2 1<+./ =>?./8>=$ @/<@/ aSVV RKZZOX O`O\c
=_XNKc P\YW $KW $ZW K^ ^RO =^_NOX^ L_SVNSXQ vw 3= 09< #>2 >2 1<+./ =>?./8>=$ 3^ RKZZOX] O`O\c =_XNKc XSQR^
K^ $ZW K^ ^RO =^_NOX^ L_SVNSXQ
4. It is Godâ€™s ________________________________ for life to mankind (It is to be appropriated and lived out by believers). 1 Thes. 2:13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.
5. Its prophecies will all be ________________________________. Matthew 5:18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
6. The theme that unites the entire Bible is that man might have ________________________________ through ________________________________ , the Son of God (Who He is and His death, burial and resurrection that paid for our sins). John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
I Peter 1:24-25 â€œFor, â€œAll men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.â€? And this is the word that was preached to you.â€? Psalm 119:105 â€œYour Word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.â€?
ROCK CREEK’Slo pm en t pr oc es s li fe de ve
=> ,+=/$ <9953/ -6+==
:9=>:98/. >9$ 89@/7,/< => :7 +> >23<. :6+-/ -977?83>C
<YMU -\OOUu] PY_XNO\ KXN ]OXSY\ ZK]^Y\ 7K\U /`KX] WOO^] aS^R ^RS] MVK]] CY_uVV RK`O ^RO YZZY\^_XS^c ^Y TYSX ^RO MR_\MR
8. ,+=/$ =:<381 ><+38381 -6+== =Z\SXQ >\KSXSXQ -VK]] WOO^] aS^R >OKMRSXQ
:7 38 A9<=23: -/8>/<
:K]^Y\ 1\OQ 5S\U]Oc KXN S] NO]SQXON ^Y ROVZ
cY_ MYX^SX_O ^Y Q\Ya SX cY_\ \OVK^SYX]RSZ aS^R -R\S]^
<. ,+=/$ +66 =>+<= -6+==
>RS] MVK]] S] ^K_QR^ Lc :K]^Y\ AKcXO =VKc KXN
S] NO]SQXON ^Y ROVZ cY_ SNOX^SPc ^RO K\OK] YP
QSP^SXQ SX cY_\ VSPO ^RK^ cY_ WY]^ OXTYc
2+66 90 0+7/ -6+==
>RO 2KVV YP 0KWO -VK]] S] ^RO PSXKV MVK]] KXN S]
VON Lc :K]^Y\ 7SUO 1\YLO\ KXN aSVV VOKN cY_
^YaK\N ^RO WY]^ ^R\SVVSXQ ObZO\SOXMO cY_ MKX
RK`O SX VSPO
8/B> -6+==$ 4+8?+<C <. :7 +> >23<. :6+-/ -977?83>C
8/B> -6+==$ >9 ,/ +889?8-/.
=318 ?: 09< + -6+== ,C A<3>381 >2/ -6+== 8+7/ 98 >2/ ,+-5 90 C9?< A/6-97/ /8@/69:/ -RSVNMK\O S] K`KSVKLVO PY\ SXPKX^] ^R\Y_QR ^R Q\KNO PY\ KVV YP ^RO 6SPO .O`OVYZWOX^ MVK]]O]
<OQS]^\K^SYX S] \O[_S\ON KXN cY_ WKc \OQS]^O\ K^ ^RO K[_K\S_W NO]U SX ^RO MRSVN\OXu] K\OK
>RO\O S] XY MY]^ PY\ ^RO <YYUSO -VK]] L_^ ^RO\O S] K MRK\QO PY\ YXO MRSVN Y\ PY\ ^aY Y\ WY\O MRSVN\OX PY\ ^RO Y^RO\ MVK]]O]
-98>+-> 3809<7+>398 AO]^ ^R =^\OO^ 6S^^VO <YMU +< ! " "
“TAKING JESUS AS HE IS TO PEOPLE AS THEY ARE.”
iPHONE SITE iPAD SITE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE ON YOUR iPHONE, iPOD TOUCH
OR iPAD. WE HAVE CREATED A SPECIAL VERSION JUST FOR YOU! WWW.CHURCHATROCKCREEK.COM