HCR 230 Entire Course Week 1-9 Includes All DQs, Checkpoints, Exercises, Assignments, Capstone and Final Click link below to Purchase Entire Class:
http://hwguides.com/HCR-230-EntireCourse-Week-1-9-Includes-All-DQsCheckpoints-Ex-58.htm HCR 230 Claim Preparation II
Checkpoint: Comparing Cost Control Strategies (Week 1) Checkpoint: Ramification of Participation Contracts (Week 1) Assignment: Features of Private Payer and Consumer-Driven Health Plans (Week 1) Discussion Questions and Participation (Week 2) Checkpoint: Summarizing the Medigap Program (week 2) Checkpoint: Working with Medicaid (Week 3) Assignment: The Welfare Reform Act (Week 3) Discussion Questions and Participation (Week 4) Checkpoint: Describing TRICARE (Week 4) Checkpoint: Characteristics of Workerâ€™s Compensation Plans (Week 5) Assignment: Understanding Work-Related Injuries (Week 5) Discussion Questions and Participation (week 6) Checkpoint: Purpose of the General Appeals Process (week 6)
Checkpoint: Effective Financial Policies and Procedures (week 7)
Assignment: Understanding the Collection Process (Week 7) Discussion Questions and Participation (Week 8) Checkpoint: Inpatient and Outpatient Hospital Services (week 8) Capstone Checkpoint (week 9) Final Project (week 9)
HCR 230 Week 1 Assignment - Features of Private Payer and Consumer-Driven Health Plans Assignment: Features of Private Payer and Consumer-Driven Health Plans • Resources: Table 9.1 on p. 293 of Medical Insurance, Table 9.2 on p. 296 of Medical Insurance, and the U.S. Treasurer’s Office and Oregon BlueCross BlueShield Web sites • Refer to Table 9.1 on p. 293 and Table 9.2 on p. 296 of your textbook. • Review the U.S. Department of the Treasury Web site at http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/publicaffairs/hsa/faq_basics.shtml and The Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Web site at http://www.regence.com/OR/products/medical/index.jsp. Click the individual health plans for detailed information. • Write a 350- to 700-word response that familiarizes you with private payer plans and CDHP account types. Briefly list three to five main features for the following nine items. Below each list, provide one or two sentences stating coverage of services and financial responsibility. o PO o HMO o Group HMO o IPA o POS o ndemnity
o CDHP o Health Reimbursement Account o Flexible Savings Account • Use a minimum of three references. You may use your text and the two Web sites provided. • Format your paper according to APA standards. • Post your paper as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 1 Checkpoint - Ramifications of Participation Contracts CheckPoint: Ramifications of Participation Contracts • Resource: pp. 304–305 in Ch. 9 of Medical Insurance • Discuss how participation contracts represent financial opportunities for providers. What are positive and negative ramifications of discounted fee-for-service arrangements? Explain your answers in 200 to 300 words.
HCR 230 Week 2 Checkpoint - Summarizing the Medigap Program CheckPoint: Summarizing the Medigap Program • Resource: Figure 10.7 on p. 350 of Medical Insurance, and the WebMD® and American Diabetes Association Web sites • Refer to Figure 10.7 and the WebMD® and Diabetes.org Web sites at: http://www.webmd.com/Medicare/medigap and http://www.diabetes.org. • Write a 250- to 300-word summary reflecting on the Medigap program. Address the following questions in your summary: o What are the core benefits in the Medigap insurance program? o How well does the program meet coverage needs of its consumers? o Is the cost of each plan fair considering the benefits and limits offered by each plan? Explain your opinion and provide examples. o What are the implications of having a private company associated with a government insurance program? • Post your response as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 3 Assignment - The Welfare Reform Act Assignment: The Welfare Reform Act • Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper discussing the positive and negative implications of the Welfare Reform Act of 1996 on Medicaid. Respond to one or more of the following questions in your paper: o Did the Welfare Reform Act cause existing Medicaid beneficiaries to lose necessary coverage? o Do eligible Medicaid candidates sometimes remain un-enrolled even though they are needy as a result of the Welfare Reform Act? o Is the Welfare Reform Act effective in reducing welfare fraud and increasing personal responsibility? o Has the Welfare Reform Act been successful in meeting its intended goals? • Include a minimum of two references from the Internet or University Library. • Format your paper according to APA standards. • Post your paper as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 3 Checkpoint - Working with Medicaid CheckPoint: Working with Medicaid • Resources: pp. 374–375 & 385–386 in Ch. 11 of Medical Insurance, and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Web site. • Refer to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Web site at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/home/medicaid.asp • Select Medicaid Program – General Information. • Post a 250- to 300-word response to the following: o Briefly discuss factors that determine Medicaid eligibility, and whether a procedure or service is covered. o When can a provider bill a Medicaid patient directly for services? o What are the implications of simultaneous federal and state involvement in the insurance process?
HCR 230 Week 4 Checkpoint - Describing TRICARE CheckPoint: Describing TRICARE
• Resources: Appendix B and pp. 399–404, 409–411 in Ch. 12 of Medical Insurance • Refer to Appendix B for guidance on presentations and the Microsoft® Help and Support Web site for assistance with questions related to PowerPoint® at http://support.microsoft.com/ • Create a 5- to 8-slide PowerPoint® presentation that describes features of the TRICARE program and its four subsidiaries. Include detailed speaker notes to explain the following topics in your presentation: o Eligibility requirements o Covered and noncovered services o Network and nonnetwork providers o Participating and nonparticipating provider charges o Reimbursement • Use a minimum of one reference. You may use your text as a reference. • Format your presentation according to APA standards. • Post your presentation as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 5 Assignment Understanding Work-Related Injuries Assignment: Understanding Work-Related Injuries • Resources: Appendix C and pp. 425–427 in Ch. 13 of Medical Insurance • Complete Appendix C by reading the five case studies and determine whether or not these injuries are covered under workers compensation. Provide supporting arguments and cite the appropriate workers’ compensation injury classification category as directed in the Appendix. • Compose a 750- to 1,050-word response describing the workers’ compensation claim process. Include the following information in your answer: o Overall description of the workers. compensation claims process o Responsibilities of the employee, employer, physician, and insurance carrier o How do HIPAA Privacy Rules apply to workers’ compensation? o What are the implications of unrestricted access to a patient’s medical records? • Refer to Chapter 13 of your textbook and at least one additional reference from the Internet or University Library, for a minimum of two references.
• Format your response according to APA standards. • Post your paper as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 5 Checkpoint Characteristics of Workers’ Compensation Plans CheckPoint: Characteristics of Workers’ Compensation Plans • Resources: pp. 423–424 in Ch. 13 of Medical Insurance and the U.S. Department of Labor Web site • Refer to pp. 423–424 in Ch. 13 of your textbook and the U.S. Department of Labor Web site at: http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workcomp/index.htm • Post a 250- to 300-word response to the following: In your own words, briefly describe the features of the four federal workers. compensation plans and the two types of state workers. compensation benefits. Why is it necessary to have both federal and state compensation plans?
HCR 230 Week 6 Checkpoint - Purpose of the General Appeals Process CheckPoint: Purpose of the General Appeals Process • Resource: p. 463 in Ch. 14 of Medical Insurance • Research the Internet to locate three additional examples of claims errors and classify them according the categories noted on p. 463 of Medical Insurance. • Respond to the following in 250 to 300 words: Briefly describe the purpose of the general appeals process. Incorporate the three additional examples of claims errors you located on the Internet, classified according to the categories in the text.
HCR 230 Week 7 Assignment Understanding the Collection Process Assignment: Understanding the Collection Process You are working in a medical office and are helping train a new billing specialist about collections. You decide that a job aid in the form of a flow chart would be a useful tool. • Resources: pp. 494–505 in Ch. 15 of Medical Insurance and Microsoft® Help Web site • Refer to Microsoft® Help Web site at http://support.microsoft.com/ for questions related to creating a flow chart in Microsoft® Word.
• Create a flow chart, using Microsoft® Word, illustrating the sequence of basic steps in the collection process. • Write a 350- to 500-word script, below your flow chart, for a short instructional video to be used along with the flow chart. The script must provide an overview of how to use the flow chart when dealing with a collections account. • Include details about what to do at each step in the flow chart. The audience for the job aid and video is a medical office billing trainee. • Post your paper as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 7 Checkpoint - Effective Financial Policies and Procedures CheckPoint: Effective Financial Policies and Procedures • Resource: Figures 15.1 & 15.2 on pp. 485–486 of Medical Insurance • Post a 350- to 400-word response to the following: The three major elements to critical thinking are logical inquiry, problem solving, and evaluative decision making. In this CheckPoint, you must exercise critical thinking skills to answer the following questions: o What are the basic elements of an effective medical office financial policy? o In what ways do medical office procedures support financial policies? o What are the consequences when office procedures do not support the financial o policy? o What recommendations, strategies or tools can medical offices use to ensure effective alignment of policies and procedures?
HCR 230 Week 7 Exercise - Patient Account Guidelines Exercise: Patient Account Guidelines • Resource: Ch. 15 online quiz • Access the Ch. 15 Medical Insurance online quiz relating to guidelines for patient accounts at: http://highered.mcgrawhill.com/sites/0073521914/student_view0/chapter15/chapter_quiz.htmlC omplete the quiz and click the Submit button. • Create a screen shot of the completed quiz: o Press Alt + Print Screen on your computer keyboard to create a screen shot. o Open a blank Microsoft® Word document. o Press Ctrl + V on your computer keyboard to paste the screen shot into the Worddocument.
• Post the Word document as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 8 Checkpoint - Inpatient and Outpatient Hospital Services CheckPoint: Inpatient and Outpatient Hospital Services • Resource: pp. 513–514, 523–526 in Ch. 16 of Medical Insurance • Post a 250- to 300-word response to the following: What are the major differences between inpatient and outpatient hospital services? Describe how these differences affect the coding process and provide examples.
HCR 230 Week 9-Capstone Checkpoint Capstone CheckPoint • Resource: Appendix A, pp. 449–477 in Ch. 14 of Medical Insurance, and Microsoft® Help Web site • Refer to Ch. 14 of Medical Insurance and previous assignments from that chapter as a resource. Visit the Microsoft® Help link for assistance with questions related to creating a flow chart in Microsoft® Word at: http://support.microsoft.com/ • Create a flow chart using Microsoft® Word illustrating the five steps of the claims adjudication process from the time of initial processing through final payment. Include a brief 250- to 300word explanation for the following: o Identify the purpose for each step in claim adjudication process. o Explain the relationship between each of the different steps. o Provide a one-sentence summary describing how claims adjudication is important to the medical billing process. • Post your flow chart and explanation as an attachment.
HCR 230 Week 9 Final Project - Design a Financial Policy - Part A & B Final Project: Design a Financial Policy • Resources: Appendix A and Figure 15.1 on p. 487 of Medical Insurance • Complete Part A and Part B of your final project using critical thinking skills. These skills include suspending judgment and applying problem-solving skills and methods while conducting research. You must form evaluative decisions and provide your rationale after considering how you would design a medical office financial policy.
• Decide on the type of medical office setting you prefer to research. Focus on that setting as you complete each portion of the final project. • Refer to Figure 15.1 on p. 487 of your textbook, the Internet, and the University Library as resources. Search for medical office financial policy advice and sample policies. • Write an original 750- to 1,050-word medical office financial policy for Part A of your final project. In your policy, provide a minimum of three references other than your textbook, formatted according to APA standards. Include the following components in your policy: o Collection of copayments, deductibles, and past-due balances o Arrangements for handling of unpaid balances o Handling of payments for noncovered services o Prepayment policies o Policies for accepting cash, checks, money orders, and credit or debit cards o Arrangements for sliding scales and low income payments o Other pertinent policies you see fit to include based on your research • Format your policy similarly to the examples you see online and in your text; however, your policy must include APA-formatted references. • Complete Part B of your project. Include the following the end of your financial policy: o Add a separate section reviewing why you believe your policy is best suited to your selected type of medical office setting. o Explain and provide support for your rationale in 550 to 700 words. o Include a minimum of one reference to support your explanation and format your paper according to APA standards. You may use the same references to complete the supporting rationale that you used for the financial policy. • Post your paper as an attachment.