Job Vacancy: Conferencing and Events Manager
Basic salary: ÂŁ22,000 - ÂŁ25,000
Contract type: Permanent, full-time Closing date: Friday 30th September
Cambridge United Football Club are looking to appoint an entrepreneurial Conferencing and Events Manager into our growing Commercial department. The Club has an opportunity to develop its non-match day revenues through the use of its function rooms, whilst also maximising revenue from match day hospitality.
Role Accountabilities & Key Duties:
Proactively grow the non-match day conferencing and events business.
To manage and develop the existing match day hospitality offering.
To ensure a professional delivery of all events held at the Club.
Demonstrable sales experience within conferencing and events.
Practical experience of organising and coordinating the requirements of conferences and meetings.
Strong communicator that can confidently speak with all levels within the business, where necessary utilising negotiation and reasoning skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferable, though not essential, qualification in Events or Business Management.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of financial management and controlling a budget.
- Experience of managing relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity.
- Ability to grow and develop the Conferencing and Events business.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and assess project performance.
- A full UK Driving License.
- A positive attitude towards professional development and learning.
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours, including evenings and weekends where required.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.