FULFIL YOUR AMBITION FOR A TRULY PRESTIGIOUS DEGREE
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
ROYAL VETERINARY COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
BIRKBECK UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
LONDON CITY AIRPORT
LONDON HEATHROW INTERNATIONAL
GOLDSMITHS UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
ROYAL HOLLOWAY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT
London FoundationCampus is located at Birkbeck, University of London, surrounded by its University of London College partners. At London FoundationCampus, we offer an aspirational and maturing environment for international students, preparing them for future academic success at top University of London Colleges. At our base at Birkbeck, in the heart of the University of London, students are equipped with the tools for success on degree programmes at top UK universities. The courses we offer are intense but rewarding and aim to challenge you into developing the personal attributes demanded by the admissions tutors of internationally renowned research-led University of London Colleges.
London FoundationCampus currently has six University of London College partners who welcome applications from our students for many of their degree programmes and in some cases, offer guaranteed progression based on specific criteria. Our highly-trained Higher Education team will guide and assist you to progress successfully onto your chosen university and degree course with one of our partner universities, or at other suitable institutions. London FoundationCampus is part of Cambridge Education Group, and builds on its experience and expertise which has been preparing students for the UKâ€™s top universities since 1952. Cambridge Education Group was the first private provider of university Foundation programmes in the UK in 1985.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
• 19 Colleges and 10 specialist institutes, with 120,000 students studying over 7,300 courses. • Birkbeck, Goldsmiths, Institute of Education, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Royal Veterinary College are all partners of London FoundationCampus and part of The Federation of the University of London. • 3rd oldest university in the UK – UCL (founded 1827) and King’s College London (1829) were the two founding colleges, and St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School (now part of Queen Mary) and St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School (now part of King’s College London) date back to the 12th century. • Six of the world’s top universities are University of London Colleges (2011 Times Higher Education World University Rankings) including three current London FoundationCampus partners: Birkbeck, Queen Mary and Royal Holloway. • The Institute of Education is ranked No.1 education university in the UK (RAE). • University of London graduation certificate for students who graduate from any of these Colleges or Institutes. World-famous university qualification recognised by international companies, enhancing students’ career opportunities.
BIRKBECK UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
Birkbeck is situated in the heart of the University of London’s central campus, surrounded by other Colleges such as University College London (UCL), the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) and the School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. It offers international students a unique learning experience as they study alongside people who are working in the business or industry of the subject area, with most teaching taking place in the evening, freeing up time for private study or part-time work. Birkbeck has five schools offering a wide range of degree programmes, primarily at postgraduate level. London FoundationCampus programmes offer progression opportunities to all undergraduate and Master’s degrees at Birkbeck, and guaranteed progression to a number of degrees offered by certain departments for students who meet the specified entry criteria – please see the Coursefinder for further details. Management Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. The Department has particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as finance and accounting. Law Although the youngest of the six London University Law Schools, Birkbeck School of Law houses a large and expanding community and by 2014 it plans to have the largest cohort of law undergraduate and postgraduate students within the University of London. The postgraduate portfolio of degrees comprises eight at Master’s level, including our flagship programmes in Human Rights and International Economic Law, Justice and Development. We are distinguished from other Law Schools by our triple-track qualifying law degree programme, enabling our students to study the academic stage of the legal profession over two, three or four years. Applied Linguistics and Communication The Department of Applied Linguistics and Communication was established in 1965 by Professor Michel Blanc, making it the first
department in England to focus on the study of applied linguistics, and it remains the only Department of Applied Linguistics in the University of London. The Department is an institutional member of the British Association of Applied Linguistics and an affiliated member of the International Association of Applied Linguistics, and hosts the weekly Bloomsbury Seminars in Applied Linguistics and the annual Bloomsbury Round Table on Communication, Cognition and Culture. The programmes are also recognised by the UK Economic and Social Research Council and Arts and Humanities Research Council. Key degrees include: Arts • MA Arts Policy and Management • MA Creative Writing • MA History of Art Law • LLB (Hons) Law • LLM Human Rights • LLM International Economic Law, Justice & Development Business, Economics and Informatics • MSc Financial Engineering • MSc International Business • MSc Sport Management & the Business of Football Social Sciences, History and Philosophy • MA Intercultural Communication for Business & Professions • MSc International Security & Global Governance • MA Philosophy • MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Science • BSc (Hons) Psychology • MSc Bioinformatics & Systems Biology
Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant centre of academic excellence and London’s only specialist provider of evening higher education. Research excellence • Research in 11 subject areas at Birkbeck is rated as ‘internationally excellent’ and ‘world leading’. • In the RAE 2008, Birkbeck ranked in the top 25% of UK multi-faculty institutions. • Over 90% of Birkbeck academics are research-active and many are renowned world-class experts in their fields. • Queen’s Anniversary Prize for excellence in higher education research was awarded in 2006. This research was undertaken by Birkbeck’s Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development – a leading centre for neuropsychological research. Teaching excellence • Ranked 149th in the world in the Times Higher Education World University 2011-2012 Rankings. • Ranked number one by students (National Student Surveys 20052011). • The highest recommendation of broad confidence in its academic standards from the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) has been awarded to Birkbeck.
: Useful links Birkbeck Video Channel: www.youtube.com/birkbeckvideo
GOLDSMITHS UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
At Goldsmiths, subjects are looked at in creative and unconventional ways, but everything is based on the highest academic standards of teaching and research. The approach to learning encourages you to explore new and challenging ideas. You will be stretched intellectually and creatively to investigate fresh new ways of thinking. The subjects on offer include: Sociology and Anthropology • Joint 1st in the UK for Sociology research (2008 RAE). • 8th in the UK for Anthropology (Guardian University Guide 2010). Media & Communications • One of the leading universities in the UK in this field, the Department of Media & Communications is ranked No. 4 for its research (RAE 2008), and 8th in the UK overall for Communications and Media Studies in The Times Good University Guide 2010. Computing • The Department of Computing is one of the leading departments in Europe for creative computing, and has attracted over £8 million in funding in recent years. Staff are directly involved with creative industries in London, and computing in creative music and art practice.
Politics and International Studies • Degree courses focus on current issues in politics, cultural studies and International Relations and how events shape developments in contemporary society. • Goldsmiths offers a number of exciting specialisms, including Asia, Africa, and postcolonialism. Options available on the Economics, Politics and Public Policy degree include modules on Japanese and Chinese economics and policy. Psychology • The BSc in Psychology is accredited by The British Psychological Society as conferring eligibility for Graduate Membership of the Society and also the Graduate Basis for Registration, which is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist. • The department is a thriving centre of excellence in research and training and offers one of the broadest ranges of optional courses in London.
Goldsmiths is internationally known for creativity and innovation – a reputation backed up by the highest academic standards, and over a century’s membership of the University of London. • 9th for world-leading research, shown by the top 4* grade (RAE 2008). • More than half of the research has been judged as ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ (RAE 2008). • Cutting-edge facilities in design, TV and radio studios, psychology labs and music and drama spaces. • Wide range of combined degrees offered. • Located across the River Thames in South East London, 5 minutes from London Bridge by train. Notable alumni include: • Damien Hirst • Antony Gormley • Mary Quant • Graham Coxon • Malcolm McLaren
: Useful links Goldsmiths Video Channel: www.youtube.com/GoldsmithsLondon
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
World-class degrees available in education and the social sciences primarily focused at Masters level, including: MA Education and International Development • An outstanding, globally relevant programme for those seeking to influence developing societies through education. • Explores education in developing countries and introduces concepts of development and educational development; assesses the role of education and learning in the development process by examining theories of development and education in development; and examines contemporary policy issues regarding education in low- and middle-income countries. • Students are drawn from around the world, offering a truly rich international experience, complemented by a study visit to the UNESCO headquarters in Paris. MA Education (Psychology) • Ideal for those with a background in education and an interest in expanding their knowledge of relevant aspects of psychology. • Introduces key theoretical issues in the psychology of education and equips students with the skills to critically analyse psychological theory and research. • Taught by staff with a wide range of psychological expertise, the course has strong links with psychology departments in other colleges of the University of London.
MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) • Offers a world-class professional development opportunity to practising teachers of English as a second language. • Draws on students’ professional experiences to develop an understanding of key concepts and ideas in the professional and academic literature relevant to TESOL, and offers an insight into a wider range of perspectives on the theory, policy and practice of TESOL. • Part of a cluster of MAs in this area, including MA World Englishes and MA English Education. MA Leadership • Designed for ambitious educational leaders and aspiring leaders to enhance their skills and credentials, this Master’s examines and critiques educational leadership and management theory, research and practice. • Explores fundamental issues, such as how leaders and managers can improve the quality of teaching and learning; how leaders and managers can nurture relationships with their communities; and how leaders and managers can address issues of race, gender and class within educational organisations to improve student outcomes. • Assists participants in developing professional networks by collaborating with other leaders from London and around the world.
The Institute of Education (IOE) is one of the world’s leading graduate schools of education and the social sciences. An international hub for new ideas and debate in these fields, the IOE is officially ranked as the No.1 university in the UK for education research. • UK’s most prestigious centre for education studies. • Central London location. • Top in London and among the top 10 nationwide for student satisfaction. • More world-leading scholars in the field of education than any UK university. • The UK’s widest range of Master’s and Doctoral degrees in education. • The finest education library in Europe, with free access to the neighbouring University of London library and the British Library. • Newly-refurbished halls of residence in a central London location. Notable alumni include: • Cardinal Francis Arinze, principal adviser to Pope John Paul II. • Louis de Bernières, novelist and author of Captain Corelli’s Mandolin. • Quentin Blake, illustrator. • Irene Sabatini, who won the Orange Award for New Writers with her debut novel, The Boy Next Door. • Dr Ching-ji Wu, Taiwanese Minister of Education. • Grace Naledi Pandor, Minister for Science and Technology of South Africa.
: Useful links Visit: www.ioe.ac.uk Institute of Education Video Channel: www.youtube.com/ioelondonvideo Twitter: www.twitter.com/ioe_london Flickr: www.flickr.com/ioelondon
QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
World-class degrees on offer in a range of subject areas including: School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science • Students are taught by experts in their field – ranked in the top 15 UK Computer Science departments (RAE 2008). • Award-winning Informatics Teaching Laboratory has over 220 fully networked multimedia workstations for students’ use. • The Informatics Hub is designed to encourage interdisciplinary research and projects between Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Biology and Maths students. School of Engineering and Materials Science • The School has excellent laboratory facilities including structures and materials test facilities, heat transfer rigs, high and low-speed wind tunnels, a flight simulator, state-ofthe-art Medical Engineering laboratories and extensive gait analysis facilities. • Queen Mary has been at the forefront of Materials teaching and research for the past 40 years, with some of the UK’s most-established degree programmes. School of Mathematical Sciences • One of the largest mathematics departments in the UK. • The School embraces pure mathematics, probability and statistics, astronomy, dynamical systems and computing, and joint degree programmes involving other departments are offered.
• Weekly seminars in all of the major research areas supported by the School, plus a large number of post-doctoral research fellows contribute to the rich academic atmosphere. Business and Management • The study of Business and Management at Queen Mary draws on, and intersects with, a huge range of disciplines, from Economics, Philosophy and Psychology to Social Geography, Politics and History. These feed into a deeper understanding of business and management practices and how they shape society as a whole. • Our location in London, between the City and Canary Wharf, provides a focus for many of our modules. The focus is on key strategic issues in regulation, innovation and change, the creative industries and information and communication technologies, globalisation, development and security, equality, diversity and exclusion, social entrepreneurship and civil society organisations, as well as new forms of work. • There is currently a huge demand for new business leaders able to see the big picture and understand the relationship between business and society, and understand the centrality of sustainability, human development, democracy and accountability in business practices. The sort of education offered by Queen Mary, one that draws together the many disparate factors involved in business and management, will prepare students well to meet this demand.
Queen Mary, University of London is one of London and the UK’s leading research-focused higher education institutions. Amongst the largest of the colleges of the University of London with 16,000 students, Queen Mary’s 3,000 staff teach and research across a wide range of subjects in Humanities, Social Sciences and Law, Medicine and Dentistry, and Science and Engineering. • Queen Mary is the third-largest University of London College. • As a member of the prestigious ‘1994 Group’ of universities, Queen Mary fosters world-class research as well as excellence in education. • 11th for Research in the UK (2008 RAE Rankings). • Ranked 127th in the world in the Times Higher Education World University 2011-2012 Rankings. • Queen Mary graduates are in the top 10 for the highest starting salaries according to The Sunday Times. • Considered one of the world’s most culturally diverse institutions, Queen Mary’s student body represents over 130 nationalities which provide over 30% of the student population. • Ranked 16th in the world and 3rd in the UK for the percentage of international students and staff at the College. • Queen Mary has 2,000 rooms of award-winning accommodation on London’s only fully integrated campus. • The College is continually investing in its infrastructure with £250 million spent on the Mile End campus in the past five years.
ROYAL HOLLOWAY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
World-class degrees on offer in a range of subject areas including: Management and Economics • 9th in the UK for Economics (RAE 2008). • Courses in the School of Management allow you to study the general area of Management, as well as offering specialist pathways in Accounting, Human Resource Management, Information Systems, International Business and Marketing. • Study in an international environment. Both Economics and Management attract students from a diverse range of countries. In addition, courses in Management are very internationally focused, and offer topics in Comparative, Asia Pacific, and European Business. Politics and International Relations • Courses at Royal Holloway examine issues fundamental to our times, including the nature of war, the spread of democracy, the globalization of economics and culture and the role of media and new technologies, amongst many others. • Students can choose to study exciting joint degrees, combining Politics and International Relations with Economics, Geography, History or Philosophy. • As a smaller department, students are offered a warm and engaging environment to study in, and staff–student ratios are comparatively low. Psychology • Ranked in the top 10 in the Guardian University Guide, 2012 and considered as one of the top-performing departments in the UK. • Facilities on offer are some of the best in the country. They range from a research-dedicated magnetic resonance scanner for measuring brain activity to equipment with the ability to create virtual reality environments and closed circuit TV for discreet observation of adult, child and infant behaviour.
• Psychology degrees provide a range of transferable skills, enhancing employability. Recent graduates have found employment in sectors such as banking, publishing, journalism, media, management, local government, mental health support, youth work or other support work, as business analysts or working in human resources/personnel. Biological Sciences • Joint 3rd in the UK (RAE 2008) for Biological Sciences. • The School is well equipped, and facilities include state-ofthe-art mass spectrometry, proteomics and metabolomics facilities, marine and freshwater aquaria and an electrophysiology suite. There is also easy access to areas of natural habitat, such as Windsor Great Park for fieldwork. • Over the past five years, 97% of the graduates from the School of Biological Sciences have secured jobs that require a degree, within six months of graduating. Media • Ranked in the top 10 in the Guardian University Guide, 2012 and joint 6th in the UK for its research (RAE 2008). • An almost 50:50 balance of practical media production skills and media theory and analysis provides students with the best foundations for a career in the media or communications industry. • Benefit from industry-standard facilities, including a large television studio, production control room, Final Cut Pro and Avid editing suites accessible 24 hours a day, a sound studio and two media labs. • Many graduates go on to thriving careers in the media industry, including working in film production, commercials, music videos and in editorial careers. Films by alumni have won prizes at international film festivals and have been shown on the BBC Film Network.
Royal Holloway is widely recognised on the world stage as one of the UK’s leading teaching and research university institutions. One of the larger colleges of the University of London, strong across the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities. • 107th in the world, and 6th for international outlook (The Times Higher World Rankings 2011). • 18th in the UK for 4* and 3* research (Research Assessment Exercise 2008). • Set on an attractive, friendly and safe campus, just 40 minutes from Central London. • The campus environment means students feel supported during their studies. Personal tutors in departments are easily accessible, and central support services provide advice on almost anything to do with general student living. • Study together with students from over 100 countries. Royal Holloway’s campus is home to a diverse student community, with approximately 25% coming from overseas.
: Useful links Royal Holloway Student Life Video Page www.rhul.ac.uk/studentlife/videos
ROYAL VETERINARY COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
As one of the worldâ€™s leading specialist veterinary institutions, the Royal Veterinary College brings together many talented individuals, all of whom share a passion for human and animal health and welfare. The broad range of programmes are of international appeal and attract students who go on to become practising veterinarians, animal scientists, veterinary nurses and leaders in industry and government. London FoundationCampus offers students progression opportunities onto these industry-leading degrees through the Life Sciences Undergraduate Foundation Programme. Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) The ground-breaking veterinary medicine programme is designed to give students the scientific knowledge and clinical skills they need to become exceptional veterinary surgeons. The exciting curriculum is inspired by the only Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in a British veterinary school. It takes a fresh look at how technological change, clinical and scientific progress, and stimulating teaching and learning methods can be brought together. The result is a unique degree course that will equip students for life in a range of veterinary careers.
Bioveterinary Sciences (BSc Hons) In recent years, advances in animal medicine have had a tremendous impact on the diagnosis and treatment of disease in humans. Todayâ€™s veterinary scientists hold prominent positions in government-led laboratories, research institutes and the pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. This degree course is aimed at enthusiastic animal scientists who wish to study the basic biological sciences that inform clinical practice and research. By focusing on the domesticated animals which form the bulk of veterinary work, it aims to give students a sophisticated understanding of their physiology, cellular and molecular biology, and the mechanisms of disease.
Founded in 1791, the Royal Veterinary College is the oldest and largest veterinary school in the UK. The College is at the forefront of innovation in the veterinary and bioscience fields and provides cutting edge teaching, research and clinical provision in several areas, including veterinary medicine, bioveterinary science and veterinary nursing. • One of only seven veterinary schools in the UK. • Ranked as England’s best school in the Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science unit of assessment, for institutions whose research is exclusively veterinary related (RAE 2008). • The RVC scored a maximum 24/24 in the 2000 QAA assessment. • The largest veterinary referral hospital in Europe. • The only English veterinary school, and one of only four in Europe, accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), allowing its veterinary medicine graduates to practice in North America. • The accreditation by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as well as the European Association For Establishments of Veterinary Education also allow its veterinary medicine graduates rights to practice in many other countries around the world, including Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, India, Singapore and Malaysia.
PROGRESSION ROUTES TO YOUR DEGREE
Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP)
Progression* to Year 1 of a wide range of undergraduate degrees. The following pathways are offered: • • • •
Business, Finance and Management Law, Humanities and Social Sciences Computing, Engineering and Sciences Life Sciences
Starts: September or January Terms: 3
Master’s Foundation Programme (MFP)
Progression* to a wide range of Master’s degrees. The following pathways are available: • • • •
Business Computing, Engineering and Sciences Law, Politics and Global Development Education, Culture and Society
Starts: January, April, June or September Terms: 1, 2 or 3 terms, subject to your level of English on entry and the level required to progress onto your chosen Master’s degree
English Language Preparation Programme (ELPP)
Guaranteed progression to the Undergraduate or Master’s Foundation Programmes, subject to meeting the specified entry criteria Starts: Termly – January, April, June or September Terms: 1, 2 or 3 terms, subject to your level of English on entry and the programme you wish to progress onto
For more details on all these programmes including Extended Programmes, please see the Coursefinder.
* Guaranteed progression is available to selected degree programmes at Birkbeck, University of London subject to students meeting the specified entry criteria. See Coursefinder for more information.
YOUR ROUTE TO A UNIVERSITY DEGREE
*London FoundationCampus students apply through UCAS for undergraduate programmes and can apply to up to five universities. Students on the Master’s Foundation Programme can apply for a suitable Master’s degree at any university.
University of London College partner degree LondonFoundationCampus programme
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE YEAR ONE
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PREPARATION
WHY CHOOSE LONDON FOUNDATIONCAMPUS
A short walk from everything Kingâ€™s Cross St Pancras
The British Library 12 minutes
UCL Warren Street
University of London Union Building (including student gym and stationery shop) 3 minutes
Birkbeck SOAS Senate House Goodge Street
Oxford Street 12 minutes
The British Museum 3 minutes
Tottenham Court Road
STUDENT PROFILE SEONG YOUNG AN
From: Seoul, South Korea Studying: UFP Business pathway Applying for: Accounting/Finance/ Economics degrees at Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, City, Newcastle, Oxford Brookes I like the fact that I can use Birkbeckâ€™s library, cafĂŠ and canteen. I feel like I am part of the university, and often have the chance to listen to lectures at other London universities. London FoundationCampus is a great place for people to develop themselves. The teachers are friendly and very passionate about their subject, and the comfortable class sizes benefit the students as the teachers can give them individual attention. London FoundationCampus has a good relationship with its University of London college partners, which is good for me as I have applied to two of these universities. Queen Mary came here to give a talk to us, and it gave me inside information that other students will not get. I already have offers from four of the five universities I applied to, including Queen Mary!
STUDENT PROFILE ALEKSANDER TERLEEV
From: Novosibirsk, Russia Studying: MFP Business Applying for: MSc Financial Engineering at Birkbeck, University of London London FoundationCampus is different to other places I have studied. You make progress throughout the course rather than just at the end. I like the study culture here and feel the course is tailored to each student’s needs. The Master’s Foundation Programme has exceeded my expectations and provides a well-structured business course. I have learnt effective research skills, how to conduct primary research and prepare for presentations. The Personal Development Programme module has also really helped me with time management and mind management, which I am sure will be really useful skills when I progress on to my Master’s at Birkbeck. I also get the chance to join lectures at the London School of Economics; there are few places in the world where students can get pure tangible treasure from bright minds but these lectures are a must for all.
WHY CHOOSE LONDON FOUNDATIONCAMPUS
Be part of the University of London environment from day one
Fulfil your ambition for a truly prestigious degree
• Study within the world-class facilities of Birkbeck College in the heart of academic London, next to other University of London colleges such as SOAS and UCL.
• Progress to University of London Colleges with the UK’s leading pre-university provider.
• Access to Birkbeck’s library and other facilities. • Be a full member of the University of London Student Union, use the gymnasium and cafeteria, and choose from hundreds of student societies to join. • Study, live and make friends with University of London students from across the world.
• London FoundationCampus is part of Cambridge Education Group, who has been preparing students for the UK’s top universities since 1952, and was the first private provider of university Foundation programmes in the UK in 1985.
STUDENT PROFILE YASSER HUSSEIN
From: Al-Medina, Saudi Arabia Studying: UFP Engineering pathway Applying for: BEng (Hons) Engineering at Queen Mary, University of London Iâ€™ve been at other institutions in the UK and this is the best place Iâ€™ve studied! I like that the teachers have specific subjects to teach rather than having teachers that teach a number of different subjects. I think there is a good study environment and a good mix of nationalities in the classes, which forces us to speak English and helps me to focus on my pronunciation. The Higher Education team have been more than brilliant; they helped me work through the UCAS handbook and gave me crucial feedback and good advice. I am planning to progress on to Queen Mary for my degree and I am sure the preparation and guidance I have received will prove invaluable.
WHY CHOOSE LONDON FOUNDATIONCAMPUS
A comprehensive study programme
• Comprehensive and intensive 25-hour-per-week combined academic and English programme.
• Well-qualified and experienced teaching staff.
• Compulsory modules in: - Regular mock IELTS tests using external examiners held at London FoundationCampus, English, including intensive IELTS preparation – One free IELTS examination per student per programme. - Personal Development Planning (PDP) – to improve communication and confidence, time management and study skills in preparation for successful transition to a UK university. • Students accompanied to regular Open Lectures held by the London School of Economics and UCL.
• Maximum class size of 15 for English means that teaching can be tailored to individual student needs. • Personal tutor for every student and regular tutorial meetings to ensure successful progression. • Commendable practice: Teaching is of a high quality with excellent interaction between teachers and students (ASIC Inspection Report July 2011).
WHY CHOOSE LONDON FOUNDATIONCAMPUS
Expert guidance and support
Life and support outside the classroom
• Each student on UFP and MFP courses receives one-to-one guidance with their university applications.
• A comprehensive induction programme will help you settle into London life, with the FoundationCampus team helping you open a bank account, get an Oyster card (essential for travelling around the capital on buses and the Underground) and register with the police if you need to.
• London FoundationCampus is an approved UCAS Centre. Our specially trained Higher Education (HE) staff are here to help to prepare you for University of London entry through: • Comprehensive skills assessment at induction. • Frequent UCAS workshops, including How to apply to the best UK universities and colleges; How to write a winning Personal Statement; How to research and choose your perfect university. • Presentations by faculties and admissions staff from partner universities. • UCAS Surgery Drop-in sessions every lunchtime. • Open Days, taster sessions and talks from our University of London partners. • Interview practice and intensive training for university admissions tests.
• Student ambassadors to help you settle into your new life at London FoundationCampus. Opportunities for you to become an ambassador to help future students. • Our team can give you advice on transferring from another institution in the UK and changing your visa. • Gain confidence in your use of English by studying, living and socialising with students from a truly diverse mix of nations, with classmates from Asia, the Middle East, Africa and South America. • Enrichment programme including national holiday celebrations, cultural awareness events, charity fundraising and international food and film clubs organised by the Social committee at London FoundationCampus.
Accommodation Students at London FoundationCampus have access to a range of high-quality accommodation options. These include our own halls of residence, homestays, houseshares and other accommodation options available through private providers. We can arrange accommodation to suit students with different requirements in terms of price, location and service level. Students are encouraged to contact the Centre to check availability, and book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
STUDENT PROFILE JULIAN HALILI
From Tirana, Albania Studying: UFP Business pathway Applying to: Royal Holloway, Warwick, Exeter, Surrey and Aston The staff and facilities at London FoundationCampus are great. The Albanian education system is much stricter, but here I can debate with my teachers and the college gives me the space to express my ideas and opinions. We have access to the huge library at Birkbeck, which is really helpful for my academic area of Economics. I know that I wonâ€™t improve myself only through reading the standard textbooks, and the other resources in the library will help me to achieve a better understanding of my subject. I think London FoundationCampus will give me a springboard to the university of my choice. I am not leaving England without a Masterâ€™s degree, preferably from Cambridge or Oxford, but for now, London is the place for me to be a student.
STUDENT PROFILE JINGCHENG (CHARIMY) ZHANG
From: Shanghai, China Studying: ELPP then UFP Media/ Humanities pathway Progressing to: BA Media at Goldsmiths, University of London My English level has really improved since I started studying at London FoundationCampus. The teachers are friendly and the group work we do means we get lots of opportunities to communicate in lessons. After class, London FoundationCampus organises lots of social activities such as bowling and historical trails and I am able to make friends with students from many different countries. I have also made friends in my halls of residence at Woodland Court. My flatmates are from Poland and the UK and we cook and talk together, so I get to practise my English outside the classroom as well. I hope that with a better level of English I can progress on to Goldsmiths to study Media.
STEP ONE Submit your application by one of the following methods: Online: www.foundationcampus.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +44 (0) 1223 346181 Post: Admissions Office, FoundationCampus, Kett House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH Please remember to include all relevant documentation.
STEP THREE To accept your place on the course you will need to send the deposit payment and registration fee as indicated in your offer letter, along with the completed registration form. In your offer letter, you may be requested to send some additional documentation to prove you meet the conditions mentioned.
STEP FIVE You will then need to apply for a visa if you require one to study in the UK.
STEP SIX You will need to have paid at least the first term’s tuition fees before you begin your programme of study at FoundationCampus.
STEP TWO Our Central Admissions team will review your application. • If you have provided documentation to show you have the academic qualifications and English language ability and meet all the entry requirements, you will be sent an offer letter and registration form. • If we have any queries about your application, our Central Admissions team will contact you for further information.
STEP FOUR On receipt of your registration form and payment, we will confirm your place on the course and send you a certificate of enrolment or a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) to support your visa application. We will also send you pre-arrival information, including how to book accommodation should you require it.
GET IN TOUCH, WEâ€™D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Overseas offices: Cambridge Education Group Kett House Station Road Cambridge CB1 2JH United Kingdom Telephone: +44 (0)1223 345698 Fax: +44 (0)1223 346181 Email: email@example.com Web: www.foundationcampus.com
London Foundationcampus is part of Cambridge Education Group
China +86 10 5869 0568 firstname.lastname@example.org Central Asia +7 926 007 3891 email@example.com Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan +852 2882 4046 firstname.lastname@example.org
Latin America email@example.com Russia +7 495 223 1348 firstname.lastname@example.org South East Asia +66 85 360 9446 email@example.com
Korea +82 2 2052 1904 firstname.lastname@example.org
00106 - London Prospectus