h o c o S l & n ia
First Term-2014 Subject: Introduction to Environment Social Studies
Fatema Afros Tahmina Akter
Name:................................................................................................................ Section:.............................................. ID:........................................................
Chapter: One The Beauty of Bangladesh: About the Country A. Write the correct Answer: 1. When did Bangladesh come into being as an independent state? a) 1947 b) 1952 c) 1969 d) 1971 Answer: d) 1971 2. Where does Bangladesh lie? a) In west Asia b) In north Asia c) In south Asia d) In east Asia Answer: c) In south Asia. 3. What is the area of Bangladesh.? a) 1,47,570 square k.m b) 1,570 square k.m c) 47,570 square k.m d) 14,856 square k.m Answer: a) 1,47,570 square k.m. 4. ____ is the capital of Bangladesh. a) Dhaka b) Rajshahi c) Khulna d) Sylhet Answer: a) Dhaka. 5. The Bay of Bengal lies on the ____ of Bangladesh. a) West b) East c) North d) South Answer: d) South. 6. How many divisions are there in Bangladesh? a) Seven b) Six c) Five d) Four Answer: a) Seven. 7. How many percent of people of Bangladesh is speak in Bangla? a) 99.00 percent b) 99.50 percent c) 98.00 percent d) 98.50 percent Answer: b) 99.50 percent. 8. How many districts are there in Dhaka division? a) 15 b) 17 c) 20 d) 21 Answer: b) 17 Page-1
9. How many districts are there in Bangladesh? a) 64 b) 65 c) 66 d) 67 Answer: a) 64 10. Which one is the main mineral resource of Bangladesh? a) Natural gas b) Coal c) Oil d) Aluminum Answer: a) Natural gas B. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words: 1. There are 64 districts in Bangladesh. 2. Rangamati is the biggest district. 3. Meherpur is the smallest district. 4. There are 583 upazillas in Bangladesh. 5. Bangladesh became independent in 1971. C. Answer in one word: 1. How many people do live in Bangladesh? Answer: About sixteen crore. 2. What is the state language of Bangladesh? Answer: Bangla. 3. What is the main mineral resource of Bangladesh? Answer: Natural gas. 4. How many districts are there in Dhaka division? Answer: Seventeen. 5. How many districts are there in Chittagong division? Answer: Eleven. D. Answer the questions: 1. How many divisions are there in Bangladesh and what are they? Answer: There are seven divisions in Bangladesh, namely: i. Dhaka ii. Rajshahi iii. Chittagong Page-2
iv. v. vi. vii.
Khulna Barisal Sylhet and Rangpur.
2. How many main seaports are there in Bangladesh and what are they? Answer: There are two main seaports of Bangladesh. They arei. Chittagong and ii. Mangla. 3. What are the main crops of Bangladesh? Answer. The main crops of Bangladesh are rice, jute, sugarcane, tea, wheat, potato etc.
About People A. Write the correct Answer: 1. Which is the mother tongue of the Bangalis? a) Arabic b) Bangla c) Urdu d) English Answer: b) Bangla. 2. The number of aborigines of this country is â€“ a) About 12 lac b) About 10 lac c) About 20 lac d) About 15 lac Answer: c) About 20 lac. 3. In Bangladesh there are ____ aboriginal tribes. a) About 45 b) About 50 c) About 55 d) About 60 Answer: a) About 45. 4. Which religious people live in Bangladesh most? a) Buddhist b) Christian c) Muslim d) Hindu Answer: c) Muslim. 5. Most of the people of Bangladesh are ____. a) British b) Indian c) Pakistani d) Bangali Answer: d) Bangali. B. 1. 2. 3.
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words: The mother tongue of the Bangalis is Bangla. The Bangalis and the aborigines have been living long in this country together. People of various caste or creed live in Bangladesh.
C. Answer in one word: 1. Who are called small tribes? Answer: Aborigines. 2. Who are the part of our population? Answer: The retarded. 3. In Bangladesh who are the most among the different religious people? Answer: Muslim. 4. What the aborigines have of their own? Answer: Language. Page-4
D. Answer the questions: 1. Write down the six names of aborigines. Answer: The name of six aborigines are: Chakma, Garo, Khasia, Mag, Monipuri, Oraon etc. 2. What is called population? Answer: The total number of males and females of a country is called population.
Diversity of the Seasons A. Write the correct Answer: 1. Which is the first season of this country? a) Late autumn b) Spring c) Summer d) Autumn Answer: c) Summer. 2. Which fish is available in rainy season? a) Hilsa b) Climbing fish c) Barble d) Cat Fish Answer: a) Hilsa. 3. Which fruit ripens in the month of Bhadra? a) Mango b) Carambola c) Jackfruit d) Palm Answer: d) Palm. 4. When is the day short and night is long? a) Summer b) Winter c) Spring d) Rainy season. Answer: b) Winter. 5. By which name is the spring called? a) The six seasons b) First season c) King of seasons d) Season of fruits Answer: c) King of seasons. 6. Which bird sings sweetly in Spring? a) Doel b) Cuckoo c) Mayna d) Parrot Answer: b) Cuckoo. 7. In which season the norâ€™wester storm blows? a) Winter b) Late autumn c) Summer d) Autumn Answer: c) Summer. 8. Which flower blooms in Autumn? a) Kashful b) Lily c) Kadam d) Bakul Answer: a) Kashful. Page-6
9. Which disease breaks out in spring? a) Fever
b) Chicken pox
Answer: b) Chicken pox. 10. In late autumn which crops the farmer store in the granaries? a) Jute
d) Sugar cane
Answer: c) Paddy. B. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words: 1. The summer comprises of the two months of Baishakh and Jaistha. 2. The summer is called the season of fruits. 3. In the rainy season the sky remains cloudy. 4. In autumn at the end of Aswin Durga puja is observed. 5. The festival nabanna starts at the beginning of late autumn. C. Answer in one word. 1. Which season is very hot and man becomes tired? Answer: Summer. 2. When do we find water all around us? Answer: In rainy season. 3. When do the farmers harvest jute? Answer: In rainy season. 4. When are the crop fields are filled with golden paddy? Answer: In late autumn. 5. When does it look hazy all around for mist. Answer: In winter. 6. When do we find floating clouds in the blue sky? Answer: In autumn. Page-7
7. When does the flowering of mango come? Answer: In spring. D. Answer the questions: 1. What is called season? Answer: The duration of the changes of weather is called season. 2. Which is called the country of six seasons? Why? Answer: Bangladesh is called the country of six seasons. Because the weather of Bangladesh is very diverse. 3. How many seasons are there in Bangladesh? What are they? Answer: There are six seasons in Bangladesh. They are; i.
The rainy season
The late autumn
The winter and
Diversity of Environment: Why living things have life A. Write the correct Answer: 1. Which one is living thing? a) Man b) Chair c) House d) Road Answer: a) Man. 2. How many kinds of living things are there? a) One b) Two c) Three d) Four Answer: b) Two. 3. Which living thing give birth? a) Hen b) Cow c) Bird d) Duck Answer: b) Cow. 4. Which one is a plant? a) Fish b) Bird c) Frog d) Palm tree Answer: d) Palm tree. B. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words: 1. Living things grow up gradually. 2. A living thing is created from another living things. 3. Offsprings come out of the eggs of the fish and hen. 4. Plants breed through seeds. C. Answer the questions: 1. Write down the names of five animals and five trees. Answer: The names of five animals are: cow, cat, dog, man, fish. The names of five trees are: mango tree, banana tree, jack fruit tree, lichi tree, and apple tree.
2. What are living things? Give example. Answer: Those that have life are called living things. Namely man, bird, fish etc. 3. Write down the characteristics of living things. Answer: The characteristics of living things are: a) Living things have life b) Can respond and move c) Need food to live. 4. How many kinds are there of living things and what are they? Answer: Living things are of two kinds. They are: (i) Animal (ii) Plant.
Towns and villages live side by side A. Write the correct Answer: 1. Which one is the second biggest city in Bangladesh? a) Sylhet b) Chittagong c) Khulna d) Barisal Answer: b) Chittagong. 2. How was Bangladesh in past? a) Forest b) City c) Village d) Harbour Answer: c) Village. 3. How the village of Bangladesh is? a) Clamour b) Noisy c) Quite d) Busy Answer: c) Quite. 4. How is the population of town? a) Little b) Dense c) Few d) Very little Answer: a) Little B. Answer in one word: 1. Which one is increasing with the development of Bangladesh? Answer: Towns 2. Which is the biggest town and capital city of Bangladesh? Answer: Dhaka C. Answer the questions: 1. Why is town better than village? Answer: Town is better than village in the fields of education, medical treatment, various jobs and for greater opportunities. 2. Write down three difference between village and town. Answer: The three difference between village and town are: Village a) Population is scattered. b) Life is very simple. c) Environment is quite.
Town a) Population is dense. b) Life is very busy. c) Environment is clamour. Page-11
Environment not to be polluted A. Write the correct Answer: 1. Which causes water pollution? a) Smoke of cigarette b) Arsenic c) Slum d) Sound of amplifier. Answer: b) Arsenic. 2. Which causes sound pollution? a) Horns of vehicles b) Urine and stool c) Plastic d) Shop Answer: a) Horns of vehicles. 3. Air pollution occurs for ___. a) Pesticide b) Fume of vehicles c) Polythene d) Amplifier Answer: b) Fume of vehicles. 4. Soil pollution occurs for ___. a) Sneeze b) Tiles cutting machine c) Waste materials d) Smoke from brick kiln Answer: c) Waste materials. 5. In where environment pollution occurs more? a) Village b) Town c) Harbour d) Forest Answer: b) Town. 6. Which one is the unhygienic environment? a) Slum b) Garden c) School d) Playground Answer: a) Slum. 7. Which one is polluted by polythene? a) Air b) Soil c) Sound d) Water Answer: b) Soil. 8. Which pollution occurs if the population is increasing more? a) Air b) Water c) Soil d) Environment Answer: d) Environment.
B. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words: 1. Throwing of dirt and filth causes soil pollution. 2. Unhygienic environment is created for growing of slums. 3. Noise of public meeting creates sound pollution. C. Answer the questions: 1. What is polluted environment? Answer: When an environment becomes harmful for human life is called polluted environment. 2. What are the kinds of pollution of environment? Answer: The kinds of pollution of environment are: a) Air pollution b) Sound pollution c) Water pollution d) Soil pollution. 3. Write three causes which create environmental pollution. Answer: The three causes which create environmental pollution are â€“ i. Increase of population ii. Throwing of dirt and filth here and there iii. Lack of awareness.