1. roof the roof slope should be bigger then 7 degrees. corners should be avoided to prevent snow from piling up.
2. walls the design should aim for a low energy class 1 [br2015]. this can be achieved by high insulating building envelope, and by building compactly in order to ensures less losses.
3. earth by building in the terrain, the design can exploit the earthâ€™s moisture, air and thermal absorbing warming qualities
4. foundation foundations should be either a crawlway, a shear wall or a pillar foundation in order to allow melting water to pass under the building
5. piping piping is idealy placed above ground in insulated channels. pathways keep pedestrians above snow and melting water levels.
Architecture and Design Master's Thesis Proposal