__MAIN_TEXT__
feature-image

Page 11

located in the two separate franchise areas she covers in Norwich and Newcastle, that Gill is “damned good” at what she does. So much so, that referrals often come with the “have you been Gill’ed” yet?” query.

PEARLS OF WISDOM

Any new clients seeking her out can rest assured the services they receive will be top of the class, which is where Gill now regularly finds herself standing as she passes on her knowledge and pearls of wisdom to House of Colour’s new recruits. Her goal is to show people how they can be the best versions of themselves by helping them make the right impression through personal presentation. “You have approximately 30 seconds to make a good impression when you meet someone for the first time, and the way you dress and present yourself is the first thing they notice about you,” explained Gill. “If you are going for a job interview and turn up looking scruffy or wearing inappropriate clothing, the likelihood is you are not going to get the job. “I help people to dress for their personality and guide them on what colours and styles best suit their colouring and body shape.”

REASONS FOR SEASONS

A consummate professional, Gill has a corporate background which included working as a Human Resources consultant handling change management for insurance giant, Aviva. Earlier in her career she was an air hostess and worked in management for a major, high street retailer. “I have always worked with people and concluded that all the experience you gain will come in again at some point,” she said. Women who have hit milestone birthdays and discovered they have lost their style mojo are frequent callers, and clients often turn to Gill for advice when they have a reason, such as a marriage, death, divorce, retirement or if they’ve just had a baby or a returning to work. “It can be quite an emotional journey for some people and so you never quite know what you are going to get from the person sitting looking in the mirror, but whatever it is, it stays with me,” said Gill. “Clients come in feeling a bit drab and lost and leave full of confidence at having rediscovered themselves. What I love most is to have my clients leave me after a session, having seen the difference that this makes –feeling happy, confident and really getting it. To me, that is worth untold money.”

THE CONSULTATION PROCESS

Consultations with Gill normally begin with a colour analysis whereby a client’s “best colours” to wear will be discovered. Gill will decide whether they are “cool” or “warm” using a colour wheel. Then she determines which season they fit into, i.e. spring, summer, autumn or winter. She will also demonstrate the correct make up colours to enhance the natural skin tone of her client. She will then go through all the colours in their seasonal swatch to work out where is best on the body to wear them. She explained: “I might say you can wear this colour 75 per cent, so a dress, suit or coat, but the other 25 per cent of what they are wearing should be a different colour.” Clients leave with a personalised booklet listing their preferential colours, which also includes a swatch wallet and all the information they need to get started. Styling sessions include advice on what styles of clothing work best for the individual’s shape and personality, and putting together a capsule wardrobe tailored specifically to the client. Prices are: a three-hour colour analysis = £130; personal style = £175; make-up class = £55; combine all three for the discounted price of £330; or a one-to-one, day-long colour make up and style session = £475. A rainbow of colour swatches in Gill’s style studio

To find out more click here for the Gill’s website or call her on: 07805 876619 E: gill.bushnell@houseofcolour.co.uk

Volume 3 | 11

Profile for Business Showcase

Business Showcase magazine - Vol3 2016  

Business Showcase magazine - Vol3 2016  

Advertisement

Recommendations could not be loaded

Recommendations could not be loaded

Recommendations could not be loaded

Recommendations could not be loaded