MHA 616 Week 4 Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations (2 Papers) Click Here to Buy the Tutorial http://www.tutorialrank.com/MHA-/MHA-616/product-16570-MHA-616-Week-4Health-Information-Portability-and-Accountability-Act-(HIPAA)-Violations-(2Papers) For more course tutorials visit www.tutorialrank.com
Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations. Read pages 90-94 of your course text, including the Release of Information section, the Perspective: Examples of Recently Published HIPAA Privacy Violations section, and Exhibits 3.3 and 3.4. Next, select one of the cases from the list below:
· Civil money penalty: HHS imposes a $4.3 million civil money penalty for violations of the HIPAA privacy rule
· Doctor and Two Former Hospital Employees Plead Guilty to HIPAA Violation
Mass General Hospital Settles Potential HIPAA Violations
Rite Aid agrees to pay $1 million to settle HIPAA privacy case
UCLA health system settles potential HIPAA privacy and security violations
Then, provide a case analysis on HIPAA violation of patient health information (PHI) that was present in the case you selected (from those listed above). Include the following points in your case analysis:
· Give a brief summary of the case. What was the main issue identified in the case?
There are several rules specified in HIPAA privacy and security act.
· Do you believe the penalties sanctioned were appropriate for the type of infraction? Explain your rationale.
· What is your understanding of HIPAA privacy and security rules as it applies to this case?
· What was the significance of this case with regards to health care information systems, either in general or to the organizations that work in this field?
Were any other laws (besides HIPAA) broken? If yes, what law(s)?
Âˇ Include a paragraph about how this particular case could apply to your Final Proposal. What impact might lessons learned from this particular case have on your Final Proposal case study?