DRAW YOUR DREAM - A Global Village Event
Victor Valqui Vidal, ed.
GLOBAL VILLAGE CREARTISTS https://www.facebook.com/groups/113511402020799/ This group has existed in Facebook for 8 years and it has 665 members. I created this group to enhance cooperation and collaboration among creative artists (creartists). Creartists produce art works providing ideas or concepts using the most appropriate media. Art can be expressed as objects, paintings, photos, sounds, videos, sculptures, drawings, printings, poems, etc. or as a combination of them as in installations or performances. I intend to propose some join virtual projects and the members are mostly welcome to suggest some activities. This site is also open for discussions about creativity and the creative process. This group is a virtual organization. Its main purpose is to create cooperative, participative and virtual art projects in the global village. Today, the term "Global Village" is mostly used as a metaphor to describe the Internet and World Wide Web. On the Internet, physical distance is even less of a hindrance to the real-time communicative activities of people, and therefore social spheres are greatly expanded by the openness of the web and the ease at which people can search for online communities and interact with others that share the same interests and concerns. Therefore, this technology fosters the idea of a conglomerate yet unified global community. Due to the enhanced speed of communication online and the ability of people to read about, spread, and react to global news very rapidly, McLuhan says this forces us to become more involved with one another from countries around the world and be more aware of our global responsibilities. Similarly, web-connected computers enable people to link their web sites together. This new reality has implications for forming new sociological structures within the context of culture. These PARTICIPATIVE ART PROJECTS have 4 essential elements: - ACTIVATION: to create active subjects who will be empowered by the experience of symbolic participation - AUTHORSHIP: ceding the authorial control to the participants, this is conventionally regarded as more egalitarian and democratic than the creation of a work by a single artist, this is collaborative creativity - COMMUNITARIAN: a restoration of social bonds in the global village through a collective elaboration of political and ethical meanings - GENEROSITY: all contributions are presents for a common cause and the final work will be given as a present. We have already created several very successful projects and some of them have been materialized in real-life exhibitions. The 9 projects can be seen in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/victor.v.vidal/media_set? set=a.399587518154.175614.705183154&type=3 One of the projects, The Global Village Human Rights Flag had a lot of attention and has been exhibited in Denmark, Germany, Holland and Portugal. Finally it was donated to Amnesty International, Denmark. See further https://www.facebook.com/photo.php? fbid=10153651911798155&set=a.399587518154.175614.705183154&type=3&theate r
DRAW YOUR DREAM – A Global Village Event This event ran during the period September 18, 2017 to December 18, 2017. I invited the members of the group to “draw their dreams”. My proposal was: 1. Make a drawing of your dream just now (hand drawing, digital drawing, collage, photography, painting, etc.) 2. Take a High Resolution photo and send it to me: email@example.com 3. The accepted works will be placed in the events site in Facebook 4. At the end I will make an e-book or a real book 5. Or, probably some exhibitions in the future. 6. Deadline: December 2017 At the end 65 contributions have been accepted and different technique have been utilized. 33 countries are represented: Italy (3), Argentina (3), The Netherlands (4), Peru (4), Denmark (9), Austria (1), Spain (4), Egypt (1), France/Argelia (1), France (2), Japan (1), Syria (1), USA (4), India (1), Portugal (4), Iran (1), Brazil (2), Europe (1), Mexico (2), Malaysia (1), Hungary (1), Belgium (1), Libya (2), Turkey (2), Venezuela (1), Bolivia (1), Ireland (1), Japan (1), Earth (1), Colombia (1), Finland (1), UK (1), and Canada (1). All these artworks are shown below, each piece shows the authors name and other information. These artists can be found in Facebook if you want further details about their work and connections to their website. I am very thankful to all the contributors for their positive interest in this event and unconditional cooperation. Victor Valqui Vidal My artistic CV: http://vvv591.wix.com/victor-vidal Copenhagen, February 2018. Copyrights to the individual images of the following pages remain with the respective artists. Their works appear in this book with their kind permission. Thanks to the artists for their kind cooperation. Victor Valqui Vidal http://vvv591.wix.com/victor-vidal Østebro, Denmark
1. “Huellas (Traces)” by Virginia Milici (Italy) and Maya Lopez Muro (Argentina) Technique: Digital Photo
2. “Not from this World” by Fred van Welie (The Netherlands) Technique: Photo
3. “NO BORDERS” by Victor Valqui Vidal (Peru) Technique: pen on paper
4. ”My white nightmare” by Julie Vidal (Denmark) Technique: photo
5. "Philemon + Baucis" by Monika Lederbauer (Austria) Technique: ink on paper
6. “Immaculate Dream” by Joan Priego Garcíía (Spain) Technique: Ink on paper
7. “My dream is to live very simply” by Mohamed Azime (Egypt) Technique: Digital photo
8. “Dream - forms and colors” by Sabela Banñ a (Spain) Technique: Gouach
9. “Asklepios” by Søren Krag (Denmark) Technique: photography
10. “Dream Works 2.0” by Serge Hamad (France/Algeria) Technique: Digital Photography
11. " The river is calling and I must go "(after John Muir) by Simon P Laurent (France). Technique: photography
12. “My dream on humans” by Maria del Carmen Aguilar (Peru) Technique: Body Painting
13. “The watching eyes” by ILham Badreddine Mahfouz (Syria) Technique: Pencil on paper
14. “ Self-portrait” by Chiyuky Itoga (Japan) Technique: Water color and color pencil on paper
15. “Three Moon Lullaby” by Cassandra Gordon-Harris (USA) Technique: oil on canvas
16. “Untitled” by Manvendra Kumar (India) Technique: pencil on paper
17. “Fuga del claustro” (escape from the cloister) by Hugo Pacco (Peru) Technique: oil on canvas
18. “Mi suenñ o es paz en el mundo” (my dream is peace in the world) by Maria Valqui Vidal (Denmark). Technique: drawing in pencil and photography.
19. “Una poesia marginale” (marginal poetry) by Giorgio Moio (Italy) technique: digital work
20. “Dream” by Alberto D'Assumpcao (Portugal) Technique: graphite on paper
21. “fi nal men te” (fi nal lly) by Angela Caporaso (Italy) Technique: digital collage
22. “Concrete Shadow” by Nousha Friis (Iran/Denmark) Technique: digital collage/photoshop
23. “Bike” by Luiz Cavalli (Brazil) Technique: acrylic on canvas
24, “Daydream” by Carmen Heemels (The Netherlands) Technique: mixed media on paper
25. “faccia tosta” by Giusy Naitana Kyriakidis (Europe) Technique: photoshop
26. “Un dibujito” (a little drawing) by Aaron Flores (Mexico) Technique: pencil on paper
27. “Love” by Ali Rahamad (Malaysia) Technique: Acrylic on canvas
28. ”Space” by Krisztina Asztalos (Hungary) Technique: acrylic and gold pigment on canvas
29. ”Final Decision” by Catheí rine Petreí (Belgium) Technique: Acrylic and charcoal on paper
30. “Just I got my dream” by Adel Fortia (Lybia) Technique: Acrylic on canvas
31. “Mobility” by Seda OÖ zçetin (Turkey) Technique: photography
32. "Tributo al olvido y invitacion al suenñ o" ("Tribute to oblivion and invitation to dream") by Pilar Roldan (Spain) Technique: photography
33. “Sonrííe a la vida” (Smile to life) by Claudia Garcia (Argentina) Technique: pen on paper
34. “Palabras que envuelven” (Words that envelop) by Ignacio Rodriguez (Venezuela). Technique: graphite on cardboard.
35. “Mysterious Dream” by Anna Vidal (Denmark) Technique: photography
36. â&#x20AC;&#x153;Vasos comunicantesâ&#x20AC;? (Communicating vessels) by Luiz Morgadinho (Portugal). Technique: Pigment ink on cotton paper.
37. “un suenñ o is a dream is en drømme ....” by Pablo Peí rez (Bolivia) Technique: photoshop
38. “Bad dream” by Madalena Lobao-Tello (Portugal) Technique: drawing and photomanipulation.
39. “Red-eye flight” by Leonor Alvim Brazao (USA/Portugal) Technique: drawing and watercolor.
40. â&#x20AC;&#x153;Romy Schneider dreamâ&#x20AC;? Marianne Delmee (The Netherlands) Technique: collage/pastel, ink and charcoal drawing
41. "di verde e d'acqua" (of green and of water) by Cinzia Farina (Italy) Technique: photography in movement
42. “Dream” by Jonna Petersen (Denmark) Technique: Acrylic on canvas
43. “Another Red Dream” by Tchello d'Barros (Brazil) Technique: digital drawing from live model
44. “Musica de la Infancia” (Childhood Music) by Claudio Mangifesta (Argentina) Technique: Print in photoplay
45. “Guitar Jam” by Harriette Lawler (USA) Technique: drawing on pape
46. ”Memory of what I have seen” Dennis Faherty (USA/Ireland) Technique: Photo taken at night
47. (untittled) by toni prat (Catalunya) Technique: photoshop
48. â&#x20AC;&#x153;Dragon was bornâ&#x20AC;? (Baby dragon) by Yoshiko Yoshida (Japan) Technique: chinese ink on rice paper
49. “Distorted Dream” by Anonymous (earth) Technique: photoshop
50. “Sweet dreams” by Christina Valqui Vidal (Denmark) Technique: collage, aquarelle, and drawing
51. â&#x20AC;&#x153;Marching Ballsâ&#x20AC;? by Grietje Bouman (The Netherlands) Technique: digital photography (Macro)
52. “Seí reí niteí ” (Serenity) by Laure Mitrani (France ) Technique: collage
53. “Free the Heart - Paint your Drea m” Art collaboration created in Pusher St, Cristiania after Pusher St was cleared of hash stalls in Sep 2016 organizers: Leah Robb and Martin Jansen (Denmark). Technique: acrylic on board.
54. ”Balance” by Sara Weisdorf (Denmark) Technique: drawing with tusch on paper
55. ‘Seattle piano push’ (or while visiting a friend's apartment near Seattle the ground began to shake so we had to push a piano off the top of their building) Joey Patrickt (USA). Technique: digital collage.
56. “Mamacocha” (mother of lagunes) by Juan Valqui / Ulrich Zanabria (Peru) Technique: GoPro underwater
57. “Burning Shadow” by Jorge Vega (Colombia) Technique: digital photo
58. ”Peace Pigeon” by Lisbeth Vidal (Denmark) Technique: photography
59. “Escape” by Teppo Korte (Finland) Technique: mixed media (resin, prints, paint, led lights)
60. ”Dream of a better World” by Maria Joseí Silva (Portugal) Technique: acrylic, pastel oil and pencil colors
61. ”Wellspring” by Christopher Sand-Iversen (UK/DK) Technique: Pencil on paper
62. ”Hugging the sea - Rustalgia Series” by Mohammad Bin Lamin (Libya) Technique: Work on Rusty Door and photo
63. “My beautiful dream” by Şeyda OÖ zçetin (Turkey) Technique: pen on paper
64. “inter morphic surfacing ubiquitous glimpses expanded physio proxi avid” by David Cohen (Mexico). Technique: acrylic over canvas.
65. ”I am a dreamer!” by Bill Thomson (Canada) Technique: Wood Assemblage Sculpture c/w Digital Text, photo