C A F E R E S TA U R A N T C A F E R E S TA U R A N T
White Wines Continued...
Graham Beck Waterside White
Wine is the flower in the buttonhole of civilisation. - Werumeus Buning
Jordan Blanc fume
(2) Sauvignon Blanc, barrel-fermented in French and American oak barrels. A rich and sophisticated wine, ripe fig, gooseberry and tropical fruit flavours are complemented by the gentle vanilla nuances of the oak.
Fleur du cap sauvignon Blanc
(1) This sauvignon has loads of green capsicum and an intriguing touch of gunflint on the nose. On the palate it is bone dry and assertive: a real show off!
(3) On the nose this wine has appealing roasted citrus aromas with vibrant and prominent lime flavours. On the palate it is well balanced with rich citrus flavours and subtle oak. With its long finish an added toastiness emerges.
Villiera Chenin Blanc
(3) Fruity and dry, with a vibrant and tropical bouquet of flavours, this wine is one of the Capes best-crafted and most delicious examples.
Ken Forrester Petit Chenin
(4) A wine for anytime. Fresh, ripe melon and honey-suckle fruit are the dominant flavours in this gently-dry white with a refreshingly long finish.
(6) You are greeted with fragrant rose petals, with the palate holding a seductive silk-textured sweetness then finishing with length.
Nederburg Rhine Riesling
(5) This off-dry white is enticingly aromatic, with a floral aroma boosted by a crisp, racy tail. The flavours are reminiscent of a fleshy quince.
Zevenwacht The Tin Mine White
(3) A rich blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Viognier. Complex and luscious with creamy citrus and tropical fruit.
1 2 Dry
5 6 7 Off-Dry
9 10 White & Rosé Sweet
Sparkling Wines Continued...
JC le Roux La Chanson
(4) Plump and peachy, this is a smooth-textured and tasty blend of Chardonnay and Colombard.
Angels Tears White
(5) A seductive blend of Muscat dAlexandrie and Chenin Blanc with exotic peach, apricot and honeysuckle flavours. This wine is a great match for any occasion exquisite alone or simply enjoy with your friends and family.
Zevenwacht Bouquet Blanc
(6) This off-dry charmer is an aromatic marriage of equal parts Gewürztraminer and Riesling and is fragrant and floral on the nose. Fruit cocktail flavours follow on the palate.
TJ Night Nectar
(6) A fresh, graceful sweetie with delicate acidity. The blend is mostly Chenin Blanc with a touch of Viognier. Its low alcohol content makes it perfect for lunch.
A big-volume ruby-hued sweet sparkler with abundant berry fruit flavours from red blend varieties. The tannins provide contrast, and absorb some of the sweetness.
Red Wines Continued...
Ken Forrester Petit Pinotage (B)
Kaapzicht Bin 3
Douglas Green St Augustine
Graham Beck Railroad Red
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter, Sermons and soda water the day after. - Lord Byron (1788-1824)
Not so forthcoming on the nose, but the palate is handsomely cloaked in a dark mulberry ripeness, which adds context to the fine-grained tannins and the lingering, dry finish.
Porcupine Ridge merlot (D)
A full bodied red with coffee, chocolate and spicy vanilla undertones. It is elegant and rich with a lengthy finish.
Porcupine Ridge Syrah (D)
Rosé Wines A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine. - Louis Pasteur (1822-1895)
A perennial favourite, this easy-drinking red blend is characterized by a rich Shiraz nose and Cabernet berry flavours, and portrays subtle fruit tannins on the palate.
Boekenhoutskloof The Wolftrap (C)
A tasty, fresh wine that has enough ripe firmness to hold the cherry and red-berry fruit in a well-calculated grip. Eminently drinkable with a tight finish.
D E Red Full & Tannic
Made from Cinsaut, this off-dry mouthful of dominant cranberry is fruit flecked and finishes neat and crisp.
A spicy, aromatic blend of Merlot, Grenache, Syrah, Ruby Cabernet, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cinsaut. Full-bodied and smooth, its light body highlights wild, red fruit juiciness. Vin out of the ordinaire.
A delectable mélange of Grenache, Shiraz and Cinsaut. Fresh and spicy with a lengthy finish.
Boschendal Blanc de Noir
A ripe and round wine delivers up-front fruit, bursting with spice, prunes and black pepper. The powerful flavours are accompanied by a rich and full-bodied finish.
Upon addressing this wine you are greeted by a warm and generous plummy aroma. The finish is smooth, superior and juicy.
Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of champagne. - Paul Claudel (1868-1955)
Complexities of sweet and floral aromas on the nose coincide with those of pineapple, butterscotch and Turkish delight. The nose carries through to the pallet with the Butterscotch and Turkish delight insuring a full, creamy mouth-feel with a well balanced acidity to the fruit.
A sweet party fizzer with floral and spicy muscat tones, and a lively bead. Vegetables:
An attractively off-dry salmon-coloured wine with notes of strawberries and boiled-sweets.
JC le Roux La Domaine
A full-bodied blend of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinotage. Classically made with simple fruity aromas and a poised finish.
Zonnebloem Cabernet sauvignon
Villiera Tradition Rose
On the nose there is an explosion of sweet cherry and ripe raspberry, with a background of spicy vanilla. The palate is all about silky tannins and bright berry flavours. It finishes in a flourish of plum and chocolate.
A poetic blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, this M.C.C. has an elegant, classic biscuity bouquet with yeasty creaminess and fine, persistent bubbles.
One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and one talks about it. - Edward VII (1841-1910)
A B Light & Fuity
This balanced and accessible blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinotage is crammed with dark berry flavours, and an underlying chocolaty richness. It is sleek and fat; amicable and just waiting to please.
An applauded brut-style non-vintage Méthode Cap Classique (SAs champagne method) with an idiosyncratic sea-spray bouquet. Its bracing acidity lengthens to a persistent, appley finish.
Juicy and unwooded in style, this wine has a pulpy essence of variety; brambleberries and rhubarb provide perky, uncomplicated drinking pleasure.
This wine, the Grandfather of South African blends, tends to the European style, with plums and minerals on the nose. The palate is firm and markedly dry, leaving you with an aromatic fynbos farewell.
2009 Quincy's Cafe and Restaurant Winelist