The Saskatoon Food Bank and Learning Centre
Garden Patch CULTIVATING COMMUNITY
Get Social with Us! Follow our 2014 season online! We update regularly with pictures, videos and tips throughout the season.
For More information Contact: Brit MacDonald firstname.lastname@example.org 306-664-6565
New this Year! Check back online for updated video resources regarding planting, maintenance and harvest of urban gardens!
† CULTIVATING COMMUNITY ¢
/SaskatoonFoodBank @yxeFoodBank See you at the Garden Patch! Thank you to our Major Sponsor :
900 BLOCK OF 3RD AVE N JUST SOUTH OF 33RD STREET AND WARMAN RD Saskatoon Food Bank and Learning Centre
The Garden Patch is a community-driven urban agriculture initiative of the Saskatoon Food Bank and Learning Centre located on the edge of downtown. Each year this vacant city-owned lot is transformed into a thriving green garden! In the last for years over 75,000 lbs of produce have been produced. There are lots of ways to get involved!
Cultivate Community! • Grow a Row in Your Backyard for donation to the food bank The food bank accepts garden produce donations.
• SIgn Up as Garden Helper Volunteer Interested in helping more regularly? Please contact us for more information.
• Check out our 2014 Wish-list Check our our garden supply wish-list online!
• Sponsor a Project within the garden There are various sponsorship opportunities at the Garden Patch, through specific project sponsorship or support of the Garden Patch program. Please contact us for more details.
Lots of Ways to get Involved • Volunteer on Group Helping Days Come volunteer for a volunteer ‘work bee’ at the Garden Patch held throughout the year.
Dig In! Help us transform this empty lot into a thriving green garden! Generous support from our community is the reason our programs and services continue to ‘grow’. We could use lot of energy & enthusiasm throughout the 2014 growing season. Please contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
• Come out for a Morning in the Garden Patch Take part in our newest fundraiser! Spend an hour helping out with your employees, and enjoy breakfast and coffee in the garden. Also an incentive of our sponsorship program.
• Weedin’ Wednesday
Sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Every Wednesday night starting in July the Garden Patch is open for volunteer drop in between 4-8PM. A family friendly volunteer experience!
• Form a Team and Adopt a Plot We invite businesses, organizations and individuals to put together a team of committed green thumbs and adopt a plot to tend over the summer (no gardening experience required!)
• Plan a Volunteer Day WIth Your School, Community Group or Business We invite groups to volunteer for a couple hours, half a day or a full day. Instruction, encouragement and tour are provided. A great way to build spirit in the office or group!