Contribution of Content Marketing and Landing Pages in B2B Marketing Content marketing is the process of creating and sharing product or service related content with prospects and customers so that they are able to better understand the value proposition offered to them and eventually, be convinced about the purchase decision they will make in the future. Content marketing is a very important activity for B2B marketers because it involves promoting good content to target audience at the right time. Content marketing is primarily used for lead generation and lead nurturing and can be marketed in the following places.
● Social media websites ● PR websites ● Online Events ● Search Engine Marketing While marketing content, it is important to incorporate online forms to capture reader information. These forms can be placed on landing pages so that the user is asked to fill in information when they download eBooks or company information.
Marketers need to build effective landing pages that not only project marketing content but also encourage the reader to view related online content or fill in forms. So, B2B marketers need to create innovative landing pages that aid in easy lead generation and lead nurturing. Marketers can also make use of marketing automation software to generate landing pages effortlessly.
Here are some important tips for landing page design which helps to promote good content as well.
● The benefits of product or service offerings should be written in bullet form, and prioritized based on value.
● It is important to always project the strongest benefit first. Keep the message clear for the reader to understand.
● It is imperative to use SEO optimized, well researched and relevant content so that website visitors find it engaging and useful. This is because landing pages are the first entry point for website visitors and hence need to be optimized for important search keywords.
● Marketers must use the same content in social media and email campaigns to drive traffic to website.
● A catchy and interesting headline or sub-headline helps hook those readers who simply scan the page by reading the headlines to check if the website caters to their needs.
● It is important to show website visitors what to do next. Place Call-to-Action buttons strategically next to key offers or give-away.
● Remember to use only high-quality, relevant images and info-graphics that are relevant to the product offering.
● And finally, repeat search terms on landing pages, preferably in the head line. Also read on - marketing automation, lead management
Published on May 29, 2012
Published on May 29, 2012
Content marketing is the process of creating and sharing product or service related content with prospects and customers so that they are ab...