RUNNER GUIDE WWW.CFARACESERIES.COM WWW.CONNECTRACE.COM
Chick-fil-A Barnett Shoals
Chick-fil-A Epps Bridge
INFO | General AGE Chick-fil-A Race Series age is determined by your age on April 2nd, 2011.
DIVISIONS | Overall Overall – All Ages Master - 40-49 Grand Masters
DIVISIONS | Age Stroller, 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
FAMILY FUN ZONE The Family Fun Zone will be open throughout the event and will be FREE to runner’s, families and friends. There will be inflatables and games of kids of all ages to add to the great race expierence of the day
FAMILY FUN RUN The Family Fun Run course will take place along the same route as the 5K course.
INFO | Awards RACE DAY AWARDS Awards will be given to the 1st and 2nd place finishers of the Overall, Masterâ€™s, and Grand Masterâ€™s Division. Awards will also be given to the winners of each age division.
RACE SERIES AWARDS Traditional | Overall The top finisher for both male and female divisions will win Chickfil-A for one year and two 2011 Chick-fil-A Bowl game tickets in Atlanta, GA!
Traditional | Age Division The top finisher in each age group will win the exclusive Traditional Age Division Champion Performance Shirt. Spirit | Overall The top finisher overall will win Chick-fil-A for a year and two 2011 Chickfil-A Bowl game tickets in Atlanta, GA!
Spirit | Age Division The top finisher in each age group will win the exclusive Traditional Age Division Champion Performance Shirt.
INFO | Points POINTS You may earn points through two different tracks: Traditional and Spirit.
Traditional : Points resulting as a direct result of your performance on race day. This is most common with standard road race series. Spirit : Points given to those who enjoy the spirit and culture of running as well as Chick-fil-A. Examples include: Dressing like a cow to run, decorating your car on Race Day, posting pictures of yourself inside Chick-fil-A, and donating cans to the local food bank on race day. Base : Points applying to both the Traditional and Spirit Tracks. Examples include: Registering for a race, running in a race, and completing the follow up survey. Points do not cumulate between the two tracks; rather, you will have a separate point standing for both the traditional track and spirit track. You may view the many different ways to earn points on the next page.
TIE BREAKER In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined based on the most recent race run. The runner who competed in the most recent Series race will be given the tie breaker. The second tie breaker will be determined by the runner with lowest average time.
POINTS | cont. POINT BREAKDOWN : Base Base Points apply to BOTH the Traditional and Spirit Track
POINTS 15 20 30 30 20
ITEM Registering for a race Running in a race Completing a race Attending Packet Pick Up at Chick-fil-A Complete Follow Up Evaluation
POINT BREAKDOWN : Traditional
Base Points apply to BOTH the Traditional and Spirit Track
POINTS 30 15 30 40 50 70 90 100 XX
ITEM 1st in Age Group 2nd in Age Group 5th Overall 4th Overall 3rd Overall 2nd Overall 1st Overall Running in the complete series Place Points
** Place points = Total number of runners minus your place (Ex: You finish 50 out of 200 runners: 200-50 = 150)
POINTS | cont. POINT BREAKDOWN : Spirit RACE DAY POINTS 70 40 70 70 200 70
ITEM Dress like a cow Wear a costume Decorate your car Decorate your stroller Best Costume Run with Son/Daughter
ANYTIME POINTS 1 3 70 30
ITEM Twitter post w/ #cfarace Comment on CFA Race Series Group Mayor of CFA Series Restaurant Post picture inside of CFA Series Restaurant
OUTPOST Twitter Facebook Foursquare Twitter/ Facebook
MAX 4 3 150 210
TIME PERIOD 1 Day 1 Day Entire Series 1 Week
**Specifics on points earned through Facebook and Twitter can be found on the next page.
SOCIAL MEDIA • All comments and postings must be made to the Chick-fil-A Race Series Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chick-fil-A-Race-Series/112018808872669?sk=wall • All comments and postings must be positive in language and nature • A Facebook posting includes:
• “Liking” the Chick-fil-A Race Series Page
• Posting a picture or video promoting the Chick-fil-A Race Series and its affiliated
• Comments on wall of Chick-fil-A Race Series page Chick-fil-A Restaurants
• Participants will earn 3 points for each comment or posting (max 3 points per day)
• Participants will earn 30 points for each picture posted inside of a Chick-fil-A Series Restaurant (max 210 points per week)
• All points count towards the Spirit Track
• All postings must be positive in language and nature • Participants must use hash tag: #cfarace
• When posting a picture inside a Chick-fil-A Race Series Restaurant participants must use hash tag: #cfarace
• Participants will earn 1 point for a tweet including hash tag #cfarace (max 3 points per day) • Participants will earn 30 points for each picture posted inside of a Chick-fil-A Series Restaurant (max 210 points per week)
• All points count towards the Spirit Track
• The mayor of the Chick-fil-A Race Seres resturant will be determind at the start of each race.
• Only the mayor of the Chick-fil-A Race that occurs on that day can earn points.
COURSES 1st | Monroe
2nd | Athens, Barnett Shoals
COURSES 3rd | Athens, Epps Bridge
4th | Commerce*
Series Homer GA
* Note: The Commerce Race is sponsored by the Chick-fil-A in Commerce but the route will take place in Homer, GA
COURSES 5th | Winder
6th | Madison
COURSES 7th | Athens, Beechwood
All races except Commerce will start in the parking lot of Chick-fil-A. More detailed maps can be found online!
CONTACT GOT QUESTIONS?
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US
GENERAL INFO Brandon Cullum 706.310.6053
Josh Rhodes 7 06.310.6053
Katie Underwood 706.310.6053
MAILING ADDRESS Connect Race
1431 Capital Avenue Suite 123 Watkinsville GA 30677