BSPC FEATURED PROPERTY • WWW.BSPC.CO.UK
A Victorian family villa in Jedburgh offers superb space and heavenly connections
Eden House is a substantial Victorian villa situated in a quiet elevated setting in Lanton Road on the outskirts of Jedburgh, close enough to be convenient – only a few minutes walk to the High Street via a footpath shortcut – but far enough to be a tranquil retreat with the added benefits of a private walled garden and panoramic views across the town’s historic landmark buildings to the surrounding countryside. Originally built as two houses in 1893 and converted to make one house in the 1960s, the villa was then owned by the church and became a convent. Whether that has had a bearing on this house’s wonderfully peaceful aura is down to personal belief, but there are those who believe every house has a ‘spirit’ of its own – and Eden House’s present owners were initially drawn by its calm and happy ambiance.
Eden House, Jedburgh
Published on May 12, 2016
Eden House, Lanton Road, Jedburgh, TD8 6BL. Offers Over £395,000. 6 Bedrooms and 4 Reception Rooms. A Victorian family villa in Jedburgh of...