HOW TO CREATE GLOBAL PRODUCT FOR DIGITAL CONSUMER AND DISTRUPT THE INDUSTRY? J E L E N A A G A F O N OVA
INSURANCE • Traditional, conservative industry • Lots of bureaucracy
• Habit • No emotional attachment
CHALLENGES • Switch from push to pull approach
• Make services appealing for Millennials • Change long standing traditions
• Make it more up to date, fresh and lean
• Not transparent • Necessary evil • Something that they do not really need • Something they can live without or • Something that does not have added
WHAT DO MILLENNIALS THINK OF INSURERS?
TRANSFORMATION The time is now
HOW TO BUILD ENTIRELY NEW SERVICE OR PRODUCT? • Know your customer better than he knows himself • Customer in the center of the product is the only way to go
GET TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER.
TYPICAL GAPS • Product development
• Marketing/sales are included in the end of development process
• Low/no customer involvement in the development • Low understanding of customer needs
ASK AND INVOLVE PEOPLE!
TYPICAL GAPS • Project implementation
• No product market fit • Waste of resources • Unmet expectations and
targets • No MVPs, AB testing
* MVP – Minimal Viable Product
TEST PRODUCT MARKET FIT.
ANALYTICS • Any result is good result, as far as
you use numbers • Be agile • Analyze
• Understand • Change/adapt • Test again
SHARE IDEAS, GATHER OPINIONS, ADAPT SOLUTION.
USE CASE: • What did we do? • How did we do it? • Tips and takeaways
Instead of changing
create something new
• Entirely new independent team
• One office • Limited period of time • Common goal
• Freedom to innovate and experiment • Start-up life • All ideas are good
DAILY ROUTINE • Check-in (3 min)
• Scrum (10 min) • Weekly results measurement
Brainstorming: • Defined topic • Not a long debate • Limited time
• Every week • All ideas are good
Sprints: • 4 days • Launch of MVP • Teamwork
• High intensity
• Over 500 face to face interviews • Over 700 questionnaires
INTERVIEW TIPS • Step out of comfort zone • Structure your questions • Test on Ginny-pigs • Talk to people (ask for the help) • Transcript/record
LANDING PAGES AND PROTOTYPES • Check the product market • Get quick market response • Set goals
• Analyze data • Adapt and apply changes
• Business model canvas • Product features visualization • Customer journey map • Persona
TOOLS – MAKE IT VISUAL AND EASY TO USE
• From CX/UX to Service design • Plan and organize • Improve quality and communication • Customers needs
• User-friendly • Competitive • Relevant
DID YOU KNOW?
In the 21st century there is an extremely serious health issue across global population, which affects our demographics.
DID YOU KNOW?
This medical condition rates among top 3 diseases.
Every 8th person in this room has it.
DID YOU KNOW?
There is a unique pain
that comes from preparing a place in your heart
for the child that never comes. David Platt
• Treatment costs are high • One cycle in not always enough • Regulations limits the treatments • Emotional part is untouched • Lack of gametes donors • Taboo
J E L E N A A G A F O N OVA