WIN A $100 CASH CARD IF THIS IS THE LUCKY BLURB COPY.
VOL. 2 Issue 1 Jan/Feb
See back page for details
Rio Grande Valley
Law Office of
SAMUEL REYES 7. Decorate your tailgate site with team pennants and other team stuff.
TOP 10 Tailgating Tips
CRIMINAL / PERSONAL INJURY
www.tailgateus.com 8. Meet your tailgate neighbors, throw the football with friends, read the Sunday paper and have a good time! Note: If attending a Thursday or Saturday game, substitute appropriate newspaper.
1. Dress in team colors!!! Wear a team jersey or team t-shirt! You are the 12th man on the teamâ€Śthe 1st player on the Tailgating Team. Show your team spirit. Tailgaters are the best fans!!!!!
2416 E. BUDDY OWENS BLVD. McALLEN, TX 78504 O: 956.630.5297 F: (877) 390-1889
CUSTOM BACKLIT BANNERS
2. Plan your menu and do prep work a day or two before the game. Keep the menu simple and pack prepared food in disposable containers. 3. Make a list of the items you want to take along. Check off items as you pack. Pack paper products (plates, napkins, towels, forks, spoons, etc.) the night before. Remember such items as a small first aid kid, trashbags, water, and damp towels in ziplocks to clean hands and face.
9. Food should be ready 1 and 1/2 hours before the game starts. This is plenty of time for those going to the game to eat, clean up and extinguish fires. (Those not going to the game can pull out the generator and TV.) Share food with neighbors. Swap recipes. 10. Leave area clean. Begin thinking about food and friends for the next game.
4. Plan to arrive 3 to 4 hours early and stay 1 to 2 hours after the game. 5. Find a good spot to park. Not all parking spaces are created equal! Park next to a grassy area or at the end of the parking row--this gives you more room for serious tailgating!
Call 681-5365 or email email@example.com
2nd Loca Coming
6. Fly a flag on a very high pole so friends can find you.
5248 N. 10th
Coming Soon Click here
ients tax clis FREE w e n n 3 tio Refer x prepara And T
1014 Sycamore Ave. McAllen, Tx
Prepare your return online
www.YourTaxServiceRGV.com Call SAL COLMENERO or LORI CORRAL at
Your tax preparation with this coupon.
(956)661-1800 and make your appointment today!
FUN FACTS January’s birthstone is the garnet which represents constancy. Its birth flower is the Dianthus Caryophyllus or Galanthus. JANUARY IS NATIONAL: Eye Care Month Hot Tea Month Blood Donor Month Braille Literacy Month Hobby Month Soup Month Staying Healthy Month Thank You Month Oatmeal Month
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called “Opportunity” and its first chapter is New Year’s Day”. ~ Edith L. Pierce
HOROSCOPES Aquarius Jan 21- Feb 19 Rushed jobs or neglecting health issues catches up with us all sooner or later. Now it’s time to strive towards a new control and order in your daily life.
Small Business Spotlight Chuga Chuga Chew Chew! Written by: London Fuentes
Over twenty years ago the citizens of Pharr gained a landmark, The Junction Café. Landmark because it is a staple in the community. People from near and far always make their way to The Junction Café for great Tex-Mex food in a casual dining atmosphere. Great prices, service and food served during breakfast, lunch and dinner is why The Junction Café has my vote as one of the
restaurants that you must frequent a few times a month. It takes a special person to have the drive and entrepreneurial spirit to risk it all to bring their vision to the Valley. That is why the Small Business Spotlight salutes The Junction Café this month. You can visit them at 11 S. Cage Blvd. in Pharr. (956) 783-4885
Pisces Feb 20– March 20 What transpires this week could change your outlook forever. Stop making excuses and start picking up from where you left off. Love shines this week.
The Blurb assumes no responsibility of advertisers claims and shall be held harmless against any consumer claims.
Lyrical Genius How well do you know this song?
Brain Benders 1. A woman proves in court that her husband was
Lucy in the sky
murdered by her sister, but the judge decides that the sister cannot be punished. Why?
2. Name 3 things that have eyes, yet cannot see.
“Picture yourself in a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies. Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly, A girl with ______________eyes..”
3. What 7 letter word becomes longer when the third
letter is removed?
Big ‘ole Green 1. The sisters are Siamese twins. 2. Needle. Storm. Potato. 3. Lounger
Red and Crossed Kaleidescope
WINNER OF $100 CASH CARD Lupe Carrizales McAllen, Tx Dec/Jan BLURB # 885
JANUARY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAYS 1/1/1969 VERNE “MINI ME” TROYER 1/1/1752 BETSY ROSS 1/5/1931 ROBERT DUVALL 1/7/1964 NICOLAS CAGE 1/8/1935 ELVIS PRESLEY 1/9/1982 KATE MIDDLETON 1/12/1954 HOWARD STERN 1/13/1966 PATRICK DEMPSEY
1/15/1929 Dr. MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr. 1/17/1964 MICHELLE OBAMA 1/17/1942 MUHAMMAD ALI 1/17/1931 JAMES EARL JONES 1/17/1706 BENJAMIN FRANKLIN 1/20/1930 EDWIN “BUZZ” ALDRIN 1/26/1955 EDDIE VAN HALEN 1/29/1954 OPRAH WINFREY
.com o o yah ing @ b r lu tis rgvb r adver Fo
Keep your FREE copy of the Blurb handy for a chance to win a $100 Cash Card. Email your name to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with a number. Write your number on the front of this Blurb copy . Proof of numbered copy will be required if you are contacted and designated the winner. One lucky winner will be drawn monthly. One entry per household please. Number will be disqualified if registered more than once.
What state is known as the car capital of the world? What state is known as the Green Mountain state? Jefferson City is the capital of which state?
Missouri Vermont Michigan
www.rgvblurb.com Follow rgvblurb
The Blurb assumes no responsibility of advertisers claims and shall be held harmless against any consumer claims..