Page 1

A Breath of Fresh Air! Hello everyone, I am Briana Hillo, the newly elected President for BellJeff’s Key Club for the term of 2013-14. I am so excited for this year because our board is better than ever and we have so many great opportunities of service for our community. I am definitely looking forward to getting to know more people and making more friends throughout this Key Club term. Being in Key Club is what you make of it. You can be super involved and attend all the events (which I would recommend) or you can

just do a few. You can join regardless of what grade level you are in high school. In addition, it looks so good on your college applications. I promise to make this year filled with more service activities for all of us to do together as one family. -Briana Hillo President

In this issue: 1. 2013-14 Key Club Board / M.E.N.D Clothing Drive 2. DCON 2013 Recap 3. Operation Rice Bowl 4. Contact Information

2013-14 Key Club Board We have a fresh new Key Club Executive Board for the 2013-14 year! We want to thank last years’ executive board for their leadership and enthusiasm for Key Club and the call to serve others. We especially want to welcome our newly elected

president, Briana Hillo. With her leadership we can see another roaring year of White Tiger service from our Key Clubbers. You can find the rest of our board members on the contact information page. Article by: Romulo Dinsay Bulletin Editor

M.E.N.D Clothing Drive In the past month, we have supported our friends at M.E.N.D (Meeting Each Need with Dignity) through our clothing drive at school. Every classroom has been furnished with a large box for students to bring in their slightly used clothing to donate to this non-profit organization that aims to help those who are less fortunate.

that aims to help those who are less fortunate in our community. The clothing drive is still running and it is a perfect way to get some spring cleaning done! Article by: Andrew Adriatico Vice President

District Convention 2013 The CNH District Convention is a great place to learn new ways to strengthen your club, meet new people, be recognized, have fun, and express your division’s spirit. DCON supplies students and their advisors with workshops throughout the weekend to learn about ways to build upon their own Key Club experiences and spread our passion for service. We learned that there are so many waves of service that we can take part in with other Key Clubbers. We attended workshops that

taught us how to combine FUNDraising and FUNraising to create an effective fundraiser. At the general sessions, divisions and individual people were recognized for going above and BEEyond to spread their service throughout their communities. We celebrated a million waves of service and can’t wait to start a new wave of service this upcoming year! Article by: Natalie Kalpakyan Vice President

Operation Rice Bowl Every Lenten season, Bell-Jeff Key Clubbers participate in the Catholic Relief Service’s “Operation Rice Bowl” program. Each student receives a “rice bowl” where they can put in any loose change or bills to help our brothers and sisters around the world who are truly in need. With every rice bowl, we learn facts about poverty around the world, the real life challenges these people go through, and ideas for meals we can make at

home without meat. Our donations to CRS go a long way. 25% of the donations go to aid any efforts aiming to alleviate hunger and poverty within our own communities, while the other 75% of the donations go to humanitarian relief programs around the world in over 100 countries. Did you know $10 can provide a family with two weeks of food? Article by: Romulo Dinsay Bulletin Editor

Bell Jeff Key Club Newsletter  

Volume: April 2013