Faculty at the Summit of Bioscience Innovation At the heart of our institute is an outstanding team of scientists who are committed to interdisciplinary research and education. IQ Biology’s research is broad, from responses of species to climate change to computational protein design; biomechanical properties of bacterial communities to real-time imaging of calcium uptake into live cells; and physical constraints of DNA unwinding to metagenome analysis of entire microbiome communities. And our faculty roster continues to grow as we recruit new scientists who are working across academic boundaries in many different disciplines. Among our IQ Biology faculty members are: • A Nobel Laureate
• A Marsico Endowed Chair of Excellence recipient
• Four Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators
• A Howard Hughes Medical Institute International Research Scholar
• Three recipients of National Academies Keck Futures Initiative grants
• A Stand Up 2 Cancer Innovative Research Grant recipient
• A Boettcher Investigator awardee
• A Collaborative Innovation Award recipient
• A Howard Hughes Medical Institute Early Career Scientist
• Members of the National Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Medicine, and the National Academy of Engineering
• Five National Science Foundation CAREER awardees • A Howard Hughes Medical Institute Professor
IQ Biology faculty members are truly interdisciplinary, collaborating with each other on a wide range of research and publications. A sample of the more than 200 faculty available to students from the eight participating departments is shown here.
The IQ Biology PhD program offers interdisciplinary quantitative biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder.