Elizabeth Gaines Hallman providing affordable and effective communication and design
Debary, Florida • (386) 668-7546 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bethhallman.com
Objective To help organizations (non-profit or for-profit) communicate with their target audience tastefully and affordably through print and internet.
Summary For over a decade, I have produced effective, high quality marketing and communications materials on schedule and under budget.
Experience Communications Director Pine Castle United Methodist Church Orlando, Florida 2003 to present
Beth, I want to take this Thanksgiving time to just say thank you for all you do and to commend you on the exceptional quality that you do in your ministry. We give you scattered ideas and concepts and you turn them into works of art. Richard Buck Minister of Missions Pine Castle UMC
• Each week I visualize an image to illustrate the sermon topic, and I produce artwork for the bulletin cover that grabs the attention of church members and directs their focus. • I organize information from ministries and communicate it to church members through a weekly 12 to 16 page booklet with table of contents (instead of one page bulletin filled with unrelated, messy fliers). • Created new logo and promotional materials to coincide with transition to new building and rebranding of church. Later tweaked design to bridge gap between traditional and progressive church members. • Redesigned and expanded church website to include calendar of events and information on ministries. • Saved the church money by producing all materials in house. • Designed brochures, logos, advertisements, t-shirts, DVD covers, and more to generate excitement about upcoming events. • Design annual Prayer Guide for the World and other materials (posters, brochures, name tags, bulletins) for Global Impact Celebration. In 2007, we went to in-house production, saving thousands of dollars. • Promoted annual Pioneer Days event through original poster design, advertisements and (in 2007 and 2008) Pioneer Days Magazine, which was mailed to 30,000 people. • Designed and oversaw printing for Capital Campaign collateral (logo, t-shirts, folders, pledge cards, booklets, invitations.) Spent less money on subsequent capital campaign collateral by producing material in house. Spent almost no money on third capital campaign. Campaigns have raised $2.7 million dollars.
Page Two Architectural Project Manager and Graphic Artist Rick Swisher Architect Winter Park, Florida 2000 to 2003
Elizabeth Gaines Hallman • By transforming sterile Autocad drawings into realistic presentation elevations and plans, I helped proposed projects to be approved by governing boards. • By creating attractive portfolio sheets, I helped the owner to more effectively market the firm. • I was project manager for several commercial projects, including General Motors Dreamchasers attraction at EPCOT and themed McDonald’s restaurants in Orlando International Airport and throughout the area. • By retouching photos in Photoshop, I created “before” and “after” pictures of renovations, helping to sell design services.
Graphic Artist And Cad Technician
• Transformed Autocad drawings into presentation elevations, plans and perspectives in Adobe Photoshop.
Ibarra Collaborative, Inc. Orlando, Florida
• By creating attractive portfolio sheets, I helped the owner to more effectively market the firm.
1998 to 2000
• Designed proposal covers. • Sketched perspectives of proposed designs. • Produced construction documents using AutoCAD.
Graphic Artist and Editor Ridgecrest Conference Center Ridgecrest, North Carolina 1993 to 1998
• With minimal budget and outdated equipment (32 MB of RAM), I created professional four-color brochures. • Organized photo shoot using staff members as models. • Designed promotional material from conception to pre-press. • Obtained printing and advertising quotes and submitted budget. • Wrote and edited promotional letters, advertising copy, and brochure material. • Oversaw national and regional bulk mailings. • Exhibited at 1997 Southern Baptist Convention and volunteered at 2000 Southern Baptist Convention. • Distributed marketing surveys, scanned surveys and produced reports on results.
EDUCATION Agnes Scott College Decatur, Georgia
Bachelor of Arts, double major in Art and Psychology
THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA Gainesville, Florida
Enrolled in Masters of Architecture program. Maintained “B” average, took approved leave of absence, re-evaluated my goal of becoming a registered architect, and decided not to return.