1st Responder Newspaper - sE
Hazmat Team Preparation
Multi-agency response to possible hazmat Richmond Hill Fire Department along with Bryan County Emergency Services were dispatched to a local medical complex for a possible hazardous materials when a female employee became sickened by a white powdery substance. Richmond Hill Fire Department secured the scene and began
JUMP TO FILE #052113112
collecting information, establishing command, isolating the workers and contacting other agencies for assistance. The Savannah Fire Department Hazmat team was requested and re-
sponded. They were briefed on the situation, made entry, sampled the substance and secured it. It was determined that the substance was non-hazardous. The hazmat team went through decontamination and rehab and the scene was terminated.
Savannah works extrication Savannah, GA. On April 29th, Savannah Fire & Emergency Services were on the scene of a single vehicle into the ditch with entrapment on White Bluff Road in front of the Circle K.
- FREDDY HOWELL
House damaged by fire SCOTT DAKIN
Firefighters save trapped dog in Barrow County Barrow County Emergency Services personnel were at Station 6 when a citizen came into the station distraught. “She stated her dog had run under her house and had gotten tangled up in some electrical wires,” commented Lieutenant Ernest Weant. “Frustrated and not knowing what else to do to get her dog out she came to the ﬁrehouse and asked for help. We offered to go see what we could do to help.” When Lieutenant Weant, Lieu-
JUMP TO FILE #041613107
tenant James Key, Fireﬁghter Josh Shelby and Fireﬁghter Teddy Brown arrived, they found a scared puppy unable to free himself from an entanglement. Due to the limited amount of space under the house, there was no way a person could get under the house to free the dog. With the aid of tools carried on the
engine, ﬁreﬁghters were able to free the dog. Once he was freed from the leash, he was initially scared, but was easily drawn out by the owner using dog treats. “Fireﬁghters are called upon for many different types of help,” stated Lieutenant Weant. “In this situation we were able to help a citizen out in a different way.” - SCOTT DAKIN
At 12:53 p.m. on May 11, a 911 call reported a house fire in the 900 block of Highway 211NE. “Upon arrival of firefighters we found heavy fire conditions in the garage of the home,” commented Lieutenant Scott Dakin. “They also found fire in a bedroom on the second floor of the home. Firefighters made a very fast aggressive attack on the fire and were able to quickly bring it under control.” The fire started in the wiring of a golf cart in the garage and spread throughout the garage. It caused heavy damage to the garage and spread through the ceiling and up into the second floor window. The remainder of the home suffered smoke damage. Firefighters remained on the scene for several hours removing smoke from the home and checking for any extension of the fire.
Published on Jun 1, 2013
Published on Jun 1, 2013
1st Responder News is the first newspaper to cover emergency service personnel on such an intimate basis. We give detailed coverage to the...