Page 33

The Student Loans Company (SLC) pays maintenance loans into your bank account, and any help you have been given with fees goes direct to your higher education institution. Once you have enrolled the SLC will ask us to confirm your enrolment to release the payments – you do not have to do anything. If you are on a part-time higher education course, you can apply to Student Finance England at student-finance for help with tuition fees in the form of a non-means tested loan. If you have applied for all the help to which you are entitled and still find yourself in financial hardship, call in to Student Services to find out whether there is any other help available. Please note: if you cannot pay your fees or any other costs for which you are liable, it is important that you seek advice from us as soon as possible. If you do not, we may take disciplinary and/or legal action, and you may be prevented from enrolling on future courses.


Disabled Students’ Allowances for Higher Education Disabled Students’ Allowances provide extra financial help if you have a long-term health condition, a mental health condition or a specific learning difficulty like dyslexia. The amount you get depends on your individual needs and not your income. Disabled Students’ Allowances are paid on top of the standard student finance package, and don’t have to be paid back - they are grants to help meet the extra course costs students can face as a direct result of a disability, long term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty. They are aimed at helping

Higher Education Student Handbook 2016-17  

Bedford College

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you