Organic Beauty Products: Lip Balms
They flake. They peel. They crack. They hurt. In addition, they are about as kissable as sandpaper. Nobody wants chapped lips. But cold, dry, or windy conditions or just some bad luck in the genes department can definitely dry out and roughen up that tender and sensitive section of your face. Hence, using lip balm regularly is the best way to keep lips moist and prevent chapped lips. All lip balms, whether they are organic beauty products or chemical-based ones are, basically, a way to replace or add to the normal moisture-retaining barrier of the skin. Lip balms functions the same way as lip-gloss, though, the former is more of a treatment and the latter is more on its cosmetic purpose. 1. What Are Lip Balms? Generally, lip balms are made from menthol, scented oils, beeswax, camphor, petroleum jelly, and other different components like alum, salicylic acid, and vitamins. When buying lip balms, there are certain factors that need to be considered. There are ingredients that when present in lip balms may induce greater result and long-lasting treatment.
2. Go natural Basically, all lip balms are created for the same purpose and are definitely effective on their own ways. However, it is still important to choose lip balms that contain natural ingredients or substances.This is to be sure that using lip balms will not irritate your chapped, dry lips.
Organic beauty products: lip balms
3. Look for the super friendly oils. When buying lip balm, it is best to buy those that contain vegetable oils like olive oil and almond oil. These particular types of vegetable oils are useful in bringing back the natural oils to the lips. Hence, you will have healthy-looking, clean, shiny lips.
4. Consider the kind of lip service you want from your lip balm. Do you want to use it as an everyday alternative to lip-gloss? Are you looking for medical treatment with regards to your super dry, heavily chapped lips? Do you want to provide some sun-block protection to your lips? Or do you just want to have that super protection that you had been longing to have? Lip balm uses may vary from the everyday lip care to the super-protection lip balms.
5. Consider the kind of weather you have on your place. How often should you use lip balm to prevent your lips from chapping? It depends on where you live and the time of the year. For example, if you live in Denver, the typical weather or climatic condition would be very dry and cold in the winter, and there is a lot of sun. That's why, it is important that you should use a lip balm on a daily basis, applying it a couple of times a day. If the weather is less dry, less cold, or less sunny, you may be able to use lip balm less frequently.
6. Choosea lip balm with sunscreen. The lips take a solar beating just like the other areas of the face that are exposed to sunlight, but they typically do not get protection from sunscreen. That is why it experts strongly suggest using a lip balm with a sun-blocking ingredient. People, however, should be wary of using lip balms with sunscreen protection elements. Some people are sensitive to sunscreen, and their lips can become chapped because they are using it on their lips. Hence, if you notice any itching or redness, go back to a lip balm without the extra protection.
7. Observe the first batch of lip balms you have bought Organic beauty products: lip balms
It is really hard to distinguish the different ingredients in lip balms and its propensity to cure chapped lips. In fact, there are instances wherein some lip balms can even make the matter worst. And so, it is extremely important to note if a certain brand of lip balm can actually do more harm than good. If this is the case, then, it would be better to find another brand and look for the possible ingredient that could have caused the irritation. Indeed, it has been said before but it certainly bears repeating: The fastest way for a woman to update her look is by simply swiping a flattering shade of lipstick over her kisses. However, this is not possible if you have dry, chapped lips. Finally, if you are interested in skincare or beauty tips, and want to discover which botanical ingredients to use for a stunning and radiant skin, pleasevisit our organic beauty products video for some sound advice (and leave us your feedback!).
Organic beauty products: lip balms
Published on Nov 1, 2010
Hence, using lip balm regularly is the best way to keep lips moist and prevent chapped lips. All lip balms, whether they are organic beauty...