your battles and above all remember take care of yourself first. The rest will come naturally.
like Ella Fitzgerald and Etta James, for strength. â€œThe amount of energy and emotion these women had just blows my mind,â€? she said. â€œIt was just them and a microphone and one take, and they had no choice but to do it and get it right.â€? And one take, she agrees, is all any of us have to get it right.
9. No one would guess: I am a Trekkie (The original Star Trek and the next gen).
â€œIt was this awesome process of allowing myself to dream again,â€? Noel Nickerson says.
Amanda Roberge is a freelance writer and mother of three girls who muses online at ConfessionsofaCurvyGirl.com.
Take 15 with Noel 1. I am the queen of: Creating. 2. Three words to describe my family: loud, fun and unpredictable 3. Best part of my day: I try to spread the best throughout the whole day. 4. We love going to (places in Massachusetts): Otter River State Park in Winchendon, Lamb City in Phillipston, Boston to bum around and anywhere there is great live music to be heard.
10. Whatâ€™s next? Now that I can cross the Voice off my bucket list, I shall devote myself to the religion of the Blues and become Sabrina Jones, and with the Juggernauts backing me upâ€“some serious blues fun will begin! 11. Thereâ€™s no such thing as: Perfection... seriously...give that up! 12. Everything I know about being a good parent, I learned from: Trial and Error... Rosanne (the television show) and my Grandmother. 13. Best things about the town where I am raising my children: Itâ€™s got a small town feel and we are 20 minutes away from everything. 14. My children always tell me: I love you, too, Mom.
where they are because thatâ€™s where they choose to be, making a change is as easy as making a choice.
5. If I could only listen to one album for the rest of my life, it would be: Oooh Tough one...what is the grey area here? Today I would go for a box set of Etta James.
7. What I miss from when my kids were little: Everything from folding their laundry, the fights, those sweet moments when you hear them all doing something
6. I always tell my children: People are
Âł0\FKLOG VWHDFKHUKDVQRWLFHG DQLPSURYHPHQWLQKLVDELOLW\ WRFRQFHQWUDWHDQGIRFXVÂ´
constructive (the house is too quiet sometimes), but in the big picture, things are right where they are supposed to be, so I take a deep breath and let that sadness pass. 8. A message for other moms: RELAX! Stop and smell the roses, pick and choose
15. Biggest challenge my family faces: I got nothing, but the usual....the economy, healthcare, environment, blah blah...How wonderful is that? Seeing the good in what moms do is what our monthly â€œMoms Rockâ€? feature is all about. Tell us about an inspiring mom you know: email@example.com.
Brookline M u s i c School
The Oldest & Largest Cultural Institution in Brookline, Since 1924 25 Kennard Rd Brookline, MA 02445 (617) 277-4593 www.bmsmusic.org
_Q\P,MUWV[\ZI\QWV[QV7]Z6M_8ZWOZIU[ ;]VLIa;MX\MUJMZ!IUXU I\*ZWWSTQVM5][QK;KPWWT 3MVVIZL:L*ZWWSTQVM
September 2012 edition of baystateparent Magazine