Tips to Get the Best Laptop Battery Life and Battery Care Tips to Get the Best Laptop Battery Life and Battery Care
us discuss some things about extending the laptop battery life.
Weak average laptop battery life is one of the main problems that is being faced by today’s laptop users. Read on to know more about laptop battery life.
Tips to Get the Best Laptop Battery Life Stop or Install Unnecessary Programs There are many unnoticeable applications running in the background which eat up a lot of the computer memory as well as the battery power. For battery efficiency, it is recommended to stop the running of such programs. It is also suggested to uninstall programs which you do not use or rarely use. Doing so will keep the battery power usage to the minimum.
Adjust Screen Brightness
Be it desktop computers or laptop computers, there are many problems that the user has to face over time. Nowadays, laptops are being used essentially by a majority of the people in the working class. These portable computers can be taken wherever we go and used as per our needs. However, even if it is a laptop computer, it has its own share of problems. And one of the most worrisome problems that bother users is short laptop battery life. Though laptop manufacturers and brands claim to have long life laptop battery in their models, they sometimes do not live up to their expectations. Using a laptop with long battery life is not the only thing that will help you to work on it for a while, you do have to take some simple steps to prolong its battery life. Let
If the laptop computer’s screen brightness is high, it requires more battery power. For saving on battery power, it is recommended to reduce the brightness to a dimmer level. However, make sure that the text and pictures on the screen are clearly visible to you. Nowadays, a majority of laptops come with settings to adjust the brightness of the screen.
Clean the Laptop To make the laptop battery last longer, you not only have to make internal adjustments to the settings and programs, but you will also have to clean the laptop from outside. Make sure you clean the laptop battery occasionally with a clean cloth and rubbing alcohol. This will surely allow the battery to be used efficiently.
blog.bestlaptopbattery.co.uk Tips to Get the Best Laptop Battery Life and Battery Care
Deactivate the Wireless Card and Bluetooth
7 Great Tips on Laptop Battery Care to Make it Last Longer
If you are not using the Internet or Bluetooth, it is better to deactivate them. Keeping them on unnecessarily will drain the battery power substantially. Likewise, remove and cancel the function of all devices and hardware that are not used currently.
1. Dim Your Screen
Monitor the Working Temperature Always keep a watch on the temperature levels in which you are using the laptop. The hotter the notebook computer gets, the more the integrated fans will have to function to keep it cool. Make sure the laptop is being used in a properly ventilated space; and not in a closed place such as under the blanket, in a closed car, and on any other soft material where airflow to the laptop’s base is hindered.
Other Steps For not letting your important work halt in between, it is a good idea to keep a reserve battery in your laptop bag. There are many other things that can help in keeping the laptop battery going on for a good period of time. You should defragment the computer hard drive at regular intervals, so that all functions are smooth and take lesser time, resulting in low power usage from the battery.
Almost all the new laptops come with an option of dimming the screen. Some of these laptops also have an option by which you can control the CPU’s cooling performance. Cut these to their lowest levels so as to make the most of your battery savings. This is one of the most basic tips in laptop battery care and is sure to yield some extra battery back up!
2. Cut the Extra Programs When you are working on your laptop on its battery, make sure you cut down on all the extra programs that are running in the background for no important reason. Sending an email to your client while working on a spreadsheet and listening to a new album of Justin Timberlake, all on your laptop battery, will lead you nowhere as the battery drains out faster while multitasking, since it gives a lot of load to the CPU. Do one thing at a time and close all the other applications that are not important.
3. Cut Down on the External Devices Using USB devices, DVD drives on laptop consumes a lot of battery when your laptop is unplugged. Shut these applications when you are not using them. Even the USB mouse that you might use at times, will lead to faster battery drainage. Hence, cutting down on external devices like USB, DVD drives, USB mouse, Bluetooth and Wi-fi help to a great extent when it comes to laptop battery care.
4. Hibernate or Stand-by? This is the most frequently asked question in laptop battery care and the answer is hibernate! The reason behind this is that stand by option does save laptop battery but not as much as hibernating does!
Tips to Get the Best Laptop Battery Life and Battery Care
Hibernating your laptop will save it in a condition the way it is and completely shut itself down, hence saving more battery.
5. Battery Cleaning
Tags: Acer aspire 5920 batteries, Battery Care, Battery Life, Dell xps m1730 batteries, Laptop, Toshiba pa3534u-1brs batteries
It is very important in laptop battery care to clean your laptop’s battery. You must clean your laptop battery’s metal contacts once every two months. Use a soft cloth and rub it with alcohol to moisten it. This will help in keeping the transfer of power from the battery more efficient.
6. Defrag Your Hard Drives Defragging your hard drive will make it work more efficiently. An efficient hard drive always works faster and eases the load on the laptop’s battery, reducing its consumption and leading to battery savings! But make sure you do not carry out defragmentation of your hard drive while working on laptop’s battery!
7. Set Power options Laptops come with various options for their power settings. Make sure you keep your laptop’s power settings to “optimized use” or in “power saver” modes while working with battery on. It will increase the battery back up for your laptop.
These are just a few steps that can be taken to extend battery life. Laptop batteries are an important part of the system and should be properly maintained for best performance. I hope by now you have understood the importance of extending your laptop battery life. CloudTag: Laptop , Battery Life , Battery Care , Acer aspire 5920 batteries , Toshiba pa3534u-1brs batteries , Dell xps m1730 batteries
Published on Oct 18, 2011
Weak average laptop battery life is one of the main problems that is being faced by today’s laptop users. Read on to know more about laptop...