Bankstown Sports High Voltage Promotion – Terms and Conditions General 1. Bankstown Sports High Voltage Promotion (Promotion) will commence on Friday 6 May 2022 at 9:00am AEST and conclude on Thursday 30 June 2022 at 8:00pm AEST and will consist of the Weekly Draws, Bonus Draw and Major Draw as set out in these terms with a combined total prize pool of $92,492.00 [Weekly Draws: Totalling $4,500 in Bankstown Sports Gift Cards across 9 weeks ($500 per week.), Major Draw: Tesla Model 3: $67,992 (‘the Tesla’) & Major Draw Consolation Prize Pool: $20,000 – subject to the prizes being claimed in accordance with these terms and conditions].
2. The promoter of the Promotion is Bankstown District Sports Club Limited ABN 88 000 243 916 (referred to as “BDSC”) of 8 Greenfield Parade Bankstown NSW 2200, phone 02 9722 9888. 3. Entry into the Promotion is subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions. 4. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this Promotion, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. Where to enter & collect the Prizes? 5. Each draw will be conducted at Bankstown District Sports Club located at 8 Greenfield Parade, Bankstown NSW 2200, using an OLGR approved promotional system & computerised virtual barrel (Virtual Barrel). Winners will be drawn by their BDSC Membership number, and it will be displayed on selected screens at BDSC and Venues. The membership number will also be announced over the public address system. In the event of a technical failure, membership numbers may not be displayed on screens and/or draws may be postponed. 6. To participate, for the Weekly Draws, Members must be physically and personally present at BDSC or an associated venue to claim their prize. For the Major Draw on Thursday 30 June 2022, Members must be physically and personally present at BDSC, 8 Greenfield Parade Bankstown NSW 2200 to claim their prize within the claim period. Who can enter? 7. Subject to clause 8, Entrants for the Promotion must be: (a) Financial and current Members of BDSC throughout the Promotional period to be eligible to win (Members); (b) Over the age of 18 years; and (c) Agree to and comply with these terms and conditions. Excluded Participants 8. You cannot participate in the Promotion if: (a) You have been suspended from BDSC at the time of draws are not eligible to enter the draw or claim prizes. (b) You are a director, employee or contracted personnel of BDSC (or any related entity) or you are the immediate family of a director, employee or contracted personnel of BDSC (or any related entity) [Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin]. (c) You are not an Australian resident. (d) In relation to the Major Draw Prize, any participant that has not been selected from the Weekly Draw or Bonus Draw. 9. To successfully claim any prize Members must provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of BSDC. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Weekly Draws 10. The Weekly Draws will take place every Thursday, between 8pm until 9.45pm commencing on Thursday 12 May 2022 and concluding on Thursday 23 June 2022 (a total of 7 Weekly Draws). 11. All entries received will form part of and be drawn from the Virtual Barrel for the Weekly Draws.
How to Enter in the Weekly Draws? 12. Members can enter the Weekly Draws by doing any of the following: (a) Members will receive one entry into the Virtual Barrel for swiping or scanning their Membership card at the nominated screens every hour, on the hour for the promotion week from Friday 6 May 2022 – Thursday 23 June 2022. The first promotion week is Friday 6 May 2022 9am – Thursday 12 May 2022 8pm. From then the promotion week will be from the time the member is found on the Thursday – the following Thursday 8pm. (b) Members will receive one entry into the Virtual Barrel for every $15.00 spent at dining and beverage outlets at BDSC and venues (excluding San Churro, Lady Banks Rooftop and Al Aseel) between 9:00am AEST on Friday 6 May 2022 and 8:00pm AEST on Thursday 23 June 2022. Entries will be allocated as follows: i. One Membership card can be swiped or scanned per transaction to earn the entry into the Virtual Barrel. The Membership card must be scanned or swiped at time of transaction by the Member. ii. Members can make a purchase through BDSC’s online ordering system (known as ME&U) to earn entries. Entries from purchases made after midnight each Wednesday through ME&U will go into the Virtual Barrel and will be included in the following week’s draw. iii. ME&U is a separate legal entity and is entirely unrelated to BDSC. BDSC is not responsible for any entries that are provided to it late or are otherwise not provided to it by ME&U. (c) Members who use the Bankstown Sports App will be allocated a voucher in their vouchers wallet, which can be scanned when making a food or beverage purchase at all participating outlets. This will allow an extra 5 entries per week into the Virtual Barrel. The Member must scan the barcode via the App. Each Member will only be entitled to the maximum of five entries per week for scanning the barcode in the App.
13. Any entry using the Bankstown Sports App will be included in the Virtual Barrel for the next Weekly Draw or, if applicable, Bonus Draw, after clicking the “start” button in the Bankstown Sports App (if the prize has been unclaimed). Once the Weekly Draw has completed and a finalist has been found, any entry that Weekly Draw generates will go into the next Weekly Draw, if a draw is running and the Promotion has not completed. 14. All POS transactions that are made during the Promotion but before the Weekly Draw will be included in the Virtual Barrel (entry may take up to 10 minutes to be counted due to processing time. If this occurs the ticket will be included in the next draw, or if the weekly draw has finished, it will go into the next week’s draw). What is the Prize? 15. The Weekly Draw prize is a $500.00 Bankstown Sports Club Gift Card. In addition to the gift card, winners will be given a ‘finalist position’ at the Major Draw to be drawn on Thursday 30 June 2022. 16. The Weekly Draws are drawn from the Virtual Barrel of members who received entries for the week leading up to the Thursday draw. Any entry that is generated after the Weekly Draw concludes will go into the next Weekly Draw. 17. The drawn Member will have four (4) minutes from the time of the announcement to claim their prize at the dedicated Promotion area as announced by the Promotion host or notify a staff Member at the venues. If the prize is unclaimed after four (4) minutes, redraws will occur every fifteen (15) minutes between 8pm until 9.45pm that night. The final winner selected at 9.45pm that night will win the finalist place at the Major Draw. 18. Once a Member has claimed the prize for the Weekly Draw, no further draws on that night will occur. 19. Members can only win one Weekly Draw which means only one finalist position and one $500 Bankstown Sports Gift Card per Member. If the same Member from previous Weekly Draw has been selected, a redraw will occur. 20. Two weekly finalists have already been confirmed and have received $500 Bankstown Sports Gift Card each from the Weekly Draw prize pool, having been carried over from the partly competed 2021 High Voltage promotion which was cancelled in June 2021.
Bonus Draws 21. On Thursday, 30 June 2022, BDSC will carry out a further three draws from the Virtual Barrel at 7pm, 7.30pm and 8pm (Bonus Draws). A total of 3 winners will be found in these final bonus draws, unless more finalists are requested to ensure there are 12 finalists for the Major Draw.
How to Enter in the Bonus Draws? 22. Entry into the Bonus Draws is only permitted between 9:45pm AEST on Thursday 23 June 2022 and 7:59pm AEST on Thursday 30 June 2022. 23. Members can enter the Bonus Draws by doing any of the following: (a) Members will receive one entry into the Virtual Barrel for swiping or scanning their Membership card within the Bankstown Sports Club venue. (b) Members will receive one entry into the Virtual Barrel by making a purchase at a dining or beverage outlet at Bankstown Sports or Associated Venues (excluding San Churro and Al Aseel) and swiping or scanning their Membership card at time of purchase. Members will gain one entry per $15.00 spent. (c) Members will receive five additional entries into the Virtual Barrel by using the Bankstown Sports App and scanning the designated “High Voltage” voucher when making a purchase (minimum $15) at dining and beverage outlets at Bankstown Sports Club (excluding San Churro and Al Aseel). (d) Members who swipe their Membership card from 4:00pm to 7.59pm AEST on Thursday 30 June 2022 will also activate all tickets they have accumulated over the Promotion into the Virtual Barrel. (e) All ME&U purchases must be made before 7.30pm AEST on Thursday 30 June 2022 to be included in the Final Draw Virtual Barrel. What is the Prize for the Bonus Draw? 24. The prize for the Bonus Draw is for one of the 3 finalist positions at the Major Draw. 25. The drawn Member will have four (4) minutes to claim their prize at the Promotion area as announced by the Promotion host. 26. Redraws will take place every four (4) minutes until a winner is found. 27. The total Final Draw Night - Bonus Draw prize pool is a minimum of 3 positions to find finalists for the Major Draw. Any additional draws for finalist positions will be dependent on any unclaimed prizes and un-registered finalists, as allocated in the BDSC’s total discretion. Major Draw 28. The Major Draw will take place on Thursday 30 June 2022 at approximately 8:00pm AEST. 29. The weekly finalist must physically and personally present at Bankstown Sports Club, 8 Greenfield Parade Bankstown NSW 2200 on Thursday 30 June 2022. You must and confirm current membership and a valid form of identification including a Driver’s Licence, Passport or Pension Card. Attendance must be registered before 6.30pm on Thursday 30 June in the Rainforest Lounge for the Major Draw. Be present in the Rainforest Lounge from 7:50pm on Thursday 30 June for the Major Draw. Any finalist not present will be automatically forfeited and another finalist will be selected to take their place. How to Enter in the Major Draw? 30. Once all 12 finalist positions from the Weekly Draws and the Bonus Draws have been filled then the Major Draw will commence. This should commence at approximately 8pm and no earlier. 31. The Major Draw will take place as follows: The 12 finalists will select a number of their choice from all remaining selections. Each vault to select has a number from 1 – 12 on them. The first person to select their number is the first finalist confirmed from week 1 of the Weekly Draws and the finalists will then be asked to select their numbers in chronological order, based on what they became a finalist. 32. When the prizes are revealed, the finalist that has selected vault one (1) will go first, followed by two (2) and continue in chronological order. What is the Major Prize? 33. 11 of the vaults will have cash prizes written on the card inside. The final vault will have the words “Tesla Model 3” written on the card inside. 34. The Member who selects a card from the vault which has a cash prize written on the inside will receive that cash prize. The Member who selects the card from the vault which has the words “Tesla Model 3” written on the inside will receive the Tesla (subject to these Terms and Conditions). 35. The consolation prize amounts to be won will be announced by the MC on the major draw day. Prize amounts will be randomly allocated– ranging in value, with a minimum of $1,000.00 per winner.
36. All winners are required to present proof of identity and their Membership card to claim their prize. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. 37. The winner of the Tesla must have a valid Australian driver’s licence. This is to ensure that the prize can be registered in the winner’s name. Should the winner not hold a valid Australian driver’s licence, the prize can be reallocated to another party nominated by the winner. BDSC retains unfettered discretion should the winner need to reallocate the prize. Reallocation can only occur when the original winner does not hold a valid Australian Driver’s licence. 38. All prize winners will be announced the following business day, by 10AM. Announcements may be made on all of BDSC’s communication channels, including but not limited to BankstownSports.com, Facebook, Instagram and local media. Winner names (first initial and surname), residing suburb, details of the prize won, and images may be used in the announcement/s and all participants give their consent to this by entering in this promotion. Conditions of Accepting the Tesla 39. The Tesla will have the following features: (a) Red multi-coat paint; and (b) All Black Partial Premium Interior 40. In accepting the Tesla, the winner agrees and acknowledges: (a) All registration costs and any additional on-road costs including but not limited to comprehensive and third-party insurance will be at winner’s expense. (b) A copy of the winner’s driver’s licence (subject to clause 36) must be supplied to Bankstown Sports Marketing Team, so the transfer of registration can take place. (c) The winner will receive the exact car that is on display in the Mona Street foyer at Bankstown Sports. (d) BDSC will not be liable in any way for any defects or faults of the Tesla and the Member accepts full responsibility for the Tesla. (e) In entering the Promotion and accepting the Tesla, the Member acknowledges that BDSC makes no representations and warranties, express or implied, regarding quality, suitability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, of the Tesla. (f) Excluding reasons outlined in clause 36, the Tesla cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. (g) Prize cannot be taken on the ‘Major Draw’ night - the winner will collect the Tesla from Bankstown Sports the day after the final draw night. (h) Contact details of the Bankstown Sports appropriate representative will be given to the winner on ‘Major Draw’ night. It is up to the winner to organise with Bankstown Sports for a mutually convenient time for collection of the car and final handover. (i) Any other specific details about the car’s insurance, capabilities and features can be obtained from the manufacturer of the Tesla. General Terms and Conditions Applicable to the Promotion 41. The BDSC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of BDSC, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or BDSC. 42. The BDSC’s decision is final and the BDSC will not enter into correspondence regarding the Promotion result or any other decisions the BDSC makes in connection with the Promotion. 43. All prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry. 44. In the event of a technical failure (including but not limited to the display screens, ticket printer, PA system or draw system), draws may be postponed or cancelled. Cancellation or postponement of a draw is strictly at management discretion. In the event of a cancellation, prizes from cancelled draws are forfeited and the prize value of any such cancelled draws will be added to the Major Draw.
45. All prizes must be accepted within 3 months from the date of announcement of each corresponding prize. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then that winner’s entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and there will be no other prize or monetary value awarded to the winner in lieu of the prize. 46. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize and BDSC will not be held liable in relation to any tax implication which does arise. 47. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize suppliers’ requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties. 48. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by BDSC in its absolute discretion. 49. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including via the internet, whether for consideration or otherwise. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of BDSC. 50. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, BDSC reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this Promotion if an event beyond the control of BDSC corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion. 51. BDSC may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same terms and conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation. 52. BDSC will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Promotion. 53. BDSC and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. 54. BDSC reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions. 55. BDSC is not permitted to issue any more than $2,000 prize money in cash. Any prize money exceeding $2,000 must be awarded as a registered cheque or EFT. If the prize is claimed 10pm or later, the entire prize must be issued as a registered cheque or EFT. Copyright, Statutory Guarantees, Waiver and Liability 56. In consideration for BDSC awarding the prize to the winners, the winners hereby permit the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Bankstown Sports or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
57. Each entrant hereby assigns to BDSC all right, title and interest in and to all copyright and all moral rights in any material created or otherwise submitted to BDSC in connection with that entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). Each entrant warrants that BDSC is free to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and neither the entrant nor any third party will be entitled to any fee for such use. 58. BDSC does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and BDSC shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. BDSC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. 59. BDSC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who BDSC has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. BDSC’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.