CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR POISE. PERFORMANCE. PASSION.
AN EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER. A CAR BEYOND COMPARE.
AWESOME POWER BORN OF THE MOST PHENOMENAL COUPÉ.
WHERE HANDCRAFTED ELEGANCE BLENDS WITH CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY.
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD? WHAT CROWD?
SHEER RELAXATION. PURE EXHILARATION. WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BENTLEY.
THE CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR. A BEAUTIFUL MEETING OF THE PAST AND THE FUTURE. Bred from the breathtaking R-Type Continental, the fastest four-seat coupé of its time, came the Continental Flying Spur. A car hailed as one of the most elegant and yet powerful saloons ever created. The new Continental Flying Spur continues the Bentley bloodline of sporting Grand Tourers. Inspired by today’s most desirable coupé – the Continental GT – it delivers awesome levels of torque and seemingly endless reserves of power. Phenomenal potency unleashed by the same 6-litre, twin-turbocharged, 12-cylinder engine that propelled the Continental GT into the world’s motoring headlines. A formidable 552bhp with a top speed of over 190mph. Performance controlled by a 6-speed transmission and all-wheel drive, but never diluted. Pure exhilaration hand in hand with sheer relaxation. The unmistakable feel and aroma of the Bentley cabin surrounding you; with authentic, handcrafted veneer and leather hide encasing sophisticated technology. Hallmarks shaped by the craftsmen and women of Crewe, echoing a rich heritage of creating utterly unique cars. The future is here. The ultimate Grand Tourer has arrived.
THIS IS WHAT YOUR SENSES HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Model shown features optional full length rear centre console.
* This is market specific â€“ please check with your dealer.
LET YOUR EMOTIONS FLY.
Continental Flying Spur - 2007 Model Year Specification General A four-door, high performance, luxury Grand Tourer
12-cylinder, 6-litre, twin-turbocharged engine
552bhp / 560PS / 411kW @ 6100rpm
650Nm / 479 lb-ft @ 1600rpm
Continuous all-wheel drive
Transmission: 6-speed automatic transmission Performance:
Acceleration 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.2 seconds) Max. Speed – 195mph / 312km/h
Continuous, electronic variable damping control and self-levelling, air suspension with manual driver adjustment facility for ride height and damper settings
AVAILABLE AT NO EXTRA COST
• Traditional Bentley matrix grille integrated into bonnet and famed black ‘winged B’ badge to radiator shell and boot lid • Twin bi-Xenon headlamps with integrated washer jets • Rear LED tail-lighting and discrete high level stop-lamp execution to lower screen • Twin oval stainless steel tail pipes • 19" 5-spoke alloy sports wheels • Branded front brake callipers (black) • Electronic Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM) • Colour keyed electronically adjustable door mirrors with heating, power folding and memory function – electrochromatic linked to internal rear view mirror • Keyless entry and keyless ignition • Power latching to all doors for easy entry/exit • Rain-sensing windscreen wipers • Choice of 15 exterior paint colours
• Glass tilt and slide sunroof with electric sunblind (std USA)
Interior Specification • Full premium grade hide interior – choice of 17 colours • Carpets and seatbelts to match all hides • Single tone, hide-trimmed multi-function steering wheel • Hide trimmed gear selector with manual shift change facility • Steering column mounted gearshift paddles • Stainless steel surfaced foot-pedals and drivers footrest • Engine start/stop button (linked to keyless entry/start system) • Burr Walnut unbleached premium veneer to fascia, upper door trim, and front and rear console • Infotainment system incorporating DVD Satellite Navigation and hi-fi system • 6xCD changer to glove compartment • Bluetooth telephone system with remote SIM access profile • Telephone voice dialling (N/A Japan) • Electronic park brake with move-off assist (move-off assist N/A USA) • Electronically-adjustable front seats with lumbar massage, memory and heating settings • Four-zone electronic climate control • Full width rear seat with sculptured outer seats incorporating lumbar and heating settings • Rear centre armrest with stowage and twin cupholders
COST OPTIONS Exterior
• 19" 5-spoke alloy sports wheels in chrome finish (standard design) • 19" 5-spoke alloy sports wheels in bright machined or chrome finish* • 19" 7-spoke alloy sports wheels in painted or chrome finish • 19" 8-spoke alloy sports wheels in painted or chrome finish • 20" 7-spoke alloy sports wheels in bright machined or chrome finish • Electric glass solar-panel tilt and slide sunroof - solar panel powers ventilation fans when stationary to maintain interior temperature (see dealer for more details) Interior
• Choice of upgraded veneers – Birds Eye Maple, Madrona, Piano Black, Dark Stained Burr Walnut • Heated hide trimmed 4-spoke steering wheel • Two-tone hide trimmed multi-function steering wheel • Full length rear centre console including twin electrically adjustable seats and lumbar massage (4 seat interior) • Ventilated front and rear seats Convenience
• Remote controlled garage door opener • Valet parking key • Park heater, engine block and interior HVAC (N/A USA) • Cordless privacy handset for telephone (N/A Japan) • Power boot opening and closing (std USA) • TV tuner to infotainment system (only available in certain markets) • Space saver spare wheel in lieu of tyre inflation/repair kit (std in certain markets) • Rear telephone system • Satellite radio (Sirius) (USA only)* * Available late 2006
MULLINER. CREATING EVEN GREATER INDIVIDUALITY. The Continental Flying Spur exudes an unmistakable sense of individuality. Classic Bentley understatement and timeless style combine with handcrafted excellence, cutting edge technology and awesome performance to create a driving experience like no other. This passion for creating truly unique cars has always been at the heart of the Bentley philosophy. An ethos embodied by Mulliner, our specialist personalisation division. With a heritage that can be traced back to the days of building elegant horse-drawn coaches, Mulliner harnesses the incomparable skill of our team of craftsmen and women at Crewe. Allowing you to realise a Bentley that is even more special.
Further Opportunities for Personalisation The MULLINER Driving Specification This package includes:
• 20" 2-piece alloy sports wheels • Choice of upgraded veneers - Dark Stained Burr Walnut, Burr Walnut, Piano Black (additional upgraded veneers available at extra cost) • Drilled alloy sport foot-pedals • Sporting gear lever finished in knurled chrome and hide • Diamond quilted hide to seat facings, door and rear quarter panels • Embroidered Bentley emblem to seat facings • Indented hide headlining
The following individual features are available separately:
• Mulliner alloy fuel filler cap • Exterior paint match service to customer specification • Exterior paint colour from Arnage range • Contrast stitching to seats and door panels • Aluminium fascia panels (compatible only with Dark Stained Burr Walnut veneer or Piano Black veneer and single tone interior colour scheme) • Drilled alloy sport foot-pedals • Sporting gear lever finished in knurled chrome and hide • 4-spoke wood and hide steering wheel • Lambswool rugs (matched to carpets) • Deep-pile carpet mats with hide trimming (matched to carpet) • Olive Ash premium veneer • Rear veneer picnic tables • Rear vanity mirrors to picnic tables* • Refrigerated bottle cooler in lieu of rear ski hatch* • Rear entertainment package incorporating two LCD screens to headrests and DVD multichanger* • Boot carpet to match interior carpet The MULLINER Driving Specification Clockwise: Dark Stained Burr Walnut veneer, embroidered Bentley emblem to seat facings, diamond quilted hide to door panels, diamond quilted hide to seat facings, sporting gear lever, drilled alloy sport foot-pedals, 20'' 2-piece alloy sports wheels.
* Available late 2006
Top: Aluminium fascia Centre: Rear veneer picnic tables Bottom: Deep-pile carpet mat with hide trimming.
ENGINE Engine Capacity Bore / Stroke Max. Power Max. Torque Compression Ratio Emission Level Fuel Battery (Starter/Hotel) Alternator
5998cc 84mm / 90.2mm 552bhp / 560PS / 411kW* @ 6100rpm 650Nm, 479 lb-ft @ 1600rpm 9.0:1 EU 4 / LEV 2 98 (95) RON 66Ah / 95Ah 190A
WEIGHTS Kerbweight 2475kg Gross Vehicle Weight 2940kg Front Axle Weight 1550kg Rear Axle Weight 1460kg
5456 6482 3417 3218
Ib Ib Ib Ib
PERFORMANCE Max. Speed 195mph / 312km/h Accn. 0-60 mph 4.9s Accn. 0-100 km/h 5.2s Accn. 80-120 km/h 3.3s
DIMENSIONS Overall Length Width Across Body Width Across Mirrors Width With Mirrors Folded Height
5307mm 1916mm 2118mm 1976mm 1479mm
208.94 in 75.43 in 83.39 in 77.80 in 58.23 in
Wheel Base Track Front / Rear
3065mm 1623 / 1607mm
120.67 in 63.90 / 63.27 in
Turning Circle (kerb to kerb) 11800mm Front Leg-room 1054mm Rear Leg-room 980mm Elbow Width Front/Rear 1565 / 1533mm Boot Floor Length 1251mm Boot Floor Width (min) 900mm Boot Loading Ht. (sill ht.) 710mm Boot Volume 475L Fuel Tank Capacity 90L
464.57 in 41.50 in 38.58 in 61.61 / 60.35 in 49.25 in 35.43 in 27.95 in 0.47m3 (16.7 cu. Ft) 19.8 Gallons 23.8 US Gallons
Fuel consumption EU drive cycle
Urban Extra-Urban Combined Co2 Emissions (combined)
*Power ratings are based on 98 RON fuel.
10.7mpg 22.2mpg 16.0mpg 423g/km
26.4 litres/100km 12.7 litres/100km 17.7 litres/100km
For more information about the Continental Flying Spur please contact your dealer or visit www.bentleymotors.com From the UK call 0808 100 5200 From the USA call 1-877-300-8803 From Continental Europe call +49 (0) 1805 BENTLEY (2368539) From the rest of the world call +44 (0) 1270 535032 The model presented in this brochure is subject to further development and the specification can change. The illustrations may show items of optional equipment which do not form part of the standard specification. Your Bentley dealer will always have the latest information. The names ‘Bentley’, ‘Continental Flying Spur’ and the ‘B’ in wings device are registered trademarks. © 2006 Bentley Motors Limited.