get become a member
get Join a place like no other!
amp’d Be among the first to become a member of the August Wilson Center for African American Culture. As a member, you will experience vibrant African and African American performing arts, visual arts, history and film, along with innovative public and educational programs, all under one roof. programs that celebrate a wide range of perspectives.
from a diverse cross-section of artists and experts in different disciplines.
• Lear n
with people who share your interests.
• Con n ect
Join today for a full year of great benefits, including:
• Discounts on ticketed
• Free admission to the
• Invitations to members-
facility and exhibits • Advance ticket sales —
prior to public availability
performances only events, shopping days and more • Exclusive events with artists
Named for Pulitzer Prize and Tony Awardwinning playwright and Hill District native August Wilson, the August Wilson Center for African American Culture engages regional and national audiences in its mission of preserving, presenting, interpreting, celebrating and shaping the art, culture and history of African Americans in Western Pennsylvania and people of African descent throughout the world.
the August Wilson Center Located in the Cultural District in Downtown Pittsburgh, the multidisciplinary August Wilson Center is reflective of all aspects of African American culture. The Center’s striking, two-story, green building houses seven exhibition galleries, a 486-seat theater for performances in all disciplines, an education center, a café and gift shop, and multipurpose spaces for community programs and events.
The Center is among a select few African American cultural institutions presenting visual and performing arts, the humanities and educational programs in a state-of-the-art venue. More information is available at AugustWilsonCenter.org and by calling 412.258.2700.
Contemporary Friends are committed to supporting the August Wilson Center, and being engaged in the art, culture and history of African Americans and people of African descent. This dynamic group attends special previews, exclusive learning and networking activities, and behind-the-scenes events.
• Free admission to the August Wilson Center facility and exhibits
• Free entry to select educational and public programs
two people residing in the same household
• Discounts on ticketed performances • Access to Internet ticket pre-sales for select performances
Family up to two adults and all children residing in the same household
Senior/Full- time Student
• Invitations to membersonly events, shopping days and more • E-newsletter updates
• Access to membership and ticketing concierge
Individual Couple/Dual two people residing in the same household
• Membership pin
with student or senior ID (seniors are 65+)
• Enjoy all Basic Membership benefits • 10% Discount on gift shop purchases • Membership in the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) program • Discount to the annual spring Contemporary Friends benefit, which the group hosts to raise funds for the Center’s visual and performing arts programs • Invitations to events throughout the year, including private previews of exhibitions, guided gallery tours, backstage tours, seminars, artist talkbacks and networking receptions
add $25 to any Basic Membership level
• Enjoy all Basic Membership benefits
• Access to the Donor Lounge
• 10% Discount on gift shop purchases
• Donor listings in performance program books
• Four guest passes to exhibitions • Invitations to previews
age 17 and younger
Donor Circles $150– Patron $499
Leader • Enjoy all Patron Membership benefits
• Invitations to exclusive donor events
• One pair of free tickets to program or performance of donor’s choice, availability varies
• Complimentary refreshments in the Donor Lounge during select performances
• One exhibition catalogue
• 20% Discount on four performance tickets
August Wilson Circle • Enjoy all Leader Membership benefits • One free guided exhibition tour for eight people
• Enjoy all Basic Membership benefits
• 10% Discount on gift shop purchases • Invitations to previews • Four guest passes to exhibitions
Join on-line at AugustWilsonCenter.org and reap the benefits of membership. For gifts of stock or other contributions, please call 412.258.2700 for details. I n - Ki n d G i f ts
Volu nteer s
To discuss the full range of opportunities for corporate membership, please call our development department at 412.258.2700.
Contact our development department at 412.258.2700 to ask if there are goods or services you can contribute to the August Wilson Center that match our needs.
The August Wilson Center volunteer corps is a diverse group that assists the staff in many different ways. Volunteers are needed as ushers, docents and program helpers, and to provide
• Special August Wilson inspired gift
• Enjoy all August Wilson Circle benefits
• Four meal tickets valid in the August Wilson Center Café
$5,000+ Institution Builder
There are many ways to support the August Wilson Center Co r po r ate M e mb e rs h i p
• Opportunity to meet artists backstage, based on artist availability
Founders’ Circle • Invitation to annual President and Founders’ Reception
• Membership in the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) program (for Premium Family level only)
• Membership in the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) program
administrative support. Internships are also available. For information, visit AugustWilsonCenter.org or call the education and public programs department at 412.258.2700.
• Enjoy all Founders’ Circle benefits • Opportunity to host private party in the Donor Lounge
• Recognition as individual supporter for program or performance of donor’s choice • Ten tickets to a select performance donated to the charity of donor’s choice
Yes! New Member
I want to join the August Wilson Center
N am e (s )
$75 (residing in same household)
$25 (seniors are 65+)
$15 (17 and younger)
+$25 to any level of membership
Add r e s s
C it y/State / Z i p
Day tim e P ho n e
$350 (residing in same household)
Pay m e n t
Total $ Check enclosed (payable to the August Wilson Center for African American Culture) Credit card (circle one) Visa MasterCard
August Wilson Circle
ev e n i n g p ho n e
E -m ai l Add r e s s
Car d n um b e r Ex p i r atio n Date
S ign atu r e
M e m b e r I n f o r m at i o n ( p l e a s e p r i n t )
O t h e r ( c h e c k a l l t h at a p p ly )
Yes, I work for a company that has a matching gift program. Employer matching gift form is enclosed. Employer gift information will be sent separately.
N am e 1
i n d i c at e yo u r m e m b e r s h i p l e v e l
This is a gift from: This is a gift for:
Basic and Premium Memberships
Gift Membership (if applicable)
N am e 2 ( For D ual , Fami ly and Don or C i rc l e M em b ersh i ps)
N am e o f Com pany
I decline all membership benefits to make my contribution fully tax-deductible. I wish my membership and/or donation to be acknowledged as follows (if different from name on membership card):
Add r e ss
C it y/State / Zi p
Daytim e Pho n e
E - mai l Add r es s
I wish my gift to remain anonymous. ev en i n g ph o n e
I want to subscribe to the August Wilson Center’s biweekly e-newsletter. The official registration and financial information of the August Wilson Center for African American Culture may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1.800.732.0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.