Most popular destination of 2012!
Traveler Escape to Abisko!! Insider’s Guide From Abisko ; With Love (and why would you fall in love with this place…)
Aurora Borealis "Dance of the Spirits"
Dogsledding “Man’s best friend”
“climbing on frozen waterfalls” And More!
Code Nas Travel Conde Nast Building, UpperManhatten, New York New York ,United States Tel (212) 286-2860 Fax: (212) 287-2860 Advertising Managing Director: Zou Yanfeng Brand developing director: Trevor Phua Sales Executive: Zou Yanfeng Marketing Marketing manager: Zou Yanfeng Marketing assistant: Trevor Phua Editorial/Contributors Editor in Chief: Zou Yanfeng Editoral Research Manager: Zou Yanfeng Senior Writer:Zou Yanfeng Contributers: Zou Yanfeng, Zou Yanfeng Design Creative Director: Zou Yanfeng Senior Designer: Trevor Phua Senior Photographer: Zou Yanfeng Staff Photographer: Zou Yanfeng Finance Account manager: Trevor Phua
The Conde Nast Travel magazine is published by Condé Nast Publications. Nothing in this magazine is to be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publishers. Transparency or any other material submitted for publications are sent at the authors risk. Any views or opinions can be expressed from the Conde Nast Magazine.
WELCOME Welcome to another eidtion of the Conde Nast Magazine- an invaluable aid for those wishing to explore some of the most fascinating places on the planet. Inside we’ve covered one of the most exciting and places yet- Abisko, This is mean’t for serious holiday maker and the casual adventurer. Whatever the budget, however long you have at your disposal, we hope you find something, somewhere that will tickle your travelling taste buds. This issue of CNM covers mainly the small town of Abisko, but extent to other nearby places in Sweden as well. The delights of northern Europe’s finest places to discover. I f you want a one-in-a-lifetime roadtrip, We’ve got you covered!
Everywhere else we have travelled. We’ve travelled huge distance, enjoyed so much disparate experiences. We just want to share. Enjoy! THE CNM team
Sweden A romantic and slow country in northern Europe.
Its 9.5 million population is mostly concentrated to the southern half of the 450,295 Km^2 country
Abisko A village in northern Sweden, near the Abisko National Park located 4 km west of the village The perfect runaway, with only 85 inhabitants, and a lot more animals.
• Fly- In from stockholm airport. • Hopp in on electric trains run by SJ AB towards Norwegian city of Narvik
• Alight at Kiruna • Jump onto a dogsled adventure to Abisko • Arrive at Abisko mountain louge • Unpack and walk around. • Rest followed by traditional Swedish dinner. (Lappish) • Appreciating the view of the Aurora Borealis( if appears, if not would be switched with other nights activities)
As the steamy old-fashioned train roars down the quiet Swedish countryside, you can feel yourself as if part of the unaltered landscape.
With most of Swedenâ€™s population further South, the journey towards the North would be disturbed by nothing but the wildlife. Expect chilling temperatures, polar bears, auroras and more. A great trip for single backpackers, or lone traveler seeking an escape from the outside world.
Aurora borealis in Northean Sweden
Letsi hydro power plant by the Lule river
• Ice Climbing on frozen waterfalls • Return to lodge for lunch • Meet the huskies and husky riding • Dinner • Snowshoeing, stargazing and Aurora Borealis
• Snowmobiling • Dinner • Visit to Abisko Sky Station • Northern Lights exhibitiony
Snowmobiling is a truly exhilarating experience as we learnt how to handle a power powerful snowmobile. Full instruction and safety briefing would be given before heading out into the wilderness which surrounds Abisko. The trip will last for 4 hours. Meanwhile if you are getting hungry a tasty traditional Swedish picnic basket is served. Yummyâ€Ś..
The world famous ice hotel is constructed of only ice and snow! It is built, melted, and rebuilt every year. Let the ice- sculptures awe you and you, To find out more yourself! If you would like to upgrade your cold accommodation or stay in a warm room then we can arrange this for you.
• Bid Goodbye to Abisko • Board train towards Kiruna • Stop En route at traditional Sami homestead to learn with reindeers. • Continue train ride to Jukkasjarvi , home of the famousIce Hotel • Check in
• Full tour of ice hotel site, ice suite, and ice factory • Dinner in warm restaurant • Fall sleep in a snow room Departure
©2012 Conde Nast Publishers