Exploring some amazing places nearby Mumbai Mumbai is always glamorous. There are some amazing places to visit near Mumbai. The Sahyadri range is a treat to the travellers. Here is a list of few places to escape to in the weekend.
Mumbai is full of attractions. Historical monuments, famous forts, well architect temples and mosques, beautiful gardens and many more attractions make the city a perfect blend of modernity and tradition. As the people in Mumbai celebrate over every little thing, the dwellers also search for some perfect weekend getaways. To escape the city life and relax with family, friends or alone, here is a list of 5 amazing places to visit near Mumbai :
1. Lonavala and Khandala- the very famous Lonavala and the well-known Khandala after Amir Khan's “ati kya Khandala” – now this twin towns are the country famous place. Not only Mumbaikars but also people from different parts of the country come here and rejoice the beautiful Lonavala and Khandala on the same trip. Lonavala is quite developed and posh. The Bhushi Dam is the added attraction of the place. The beautiful waterfalls scattered over the region is truly a gift of nature. These twin towns are close to the Deccan Plateau and offer a perfect combination of land and water scenery. Rajmachi View Point and Celebrity Wax Museum are some of the attractions of the region. From Mumbai, Lovanala and Khandala are about 85 km away. Taxis, cabs and tourist buses are available to take you to the twin town.
2. Matheran- Matheran is a picturesque hill station of Maharashtra. The wonderful Matheran is one of the best hill stations in India. The untouched and unspoilt Matheran is a unpolluted town, as no vehicles are allowed within the town. It is the only automobile free region in Asia. The breathtaking view of the Sahyadri Hills makes Matheran a unique destination to visit near Mumbai. The panoramic view from Alexander Point, One Tree Hill Point and many other spots will mesmerise you.
During monsoon, clouds descend over the hill and it is a heavenly sight. Distance from Mumbai to Matheran is nearly 84 km, however, you have to take a joyous toy train ride from Neral to reach Matheran.
3. Alibaug: take a refreshing drive to Alibaug, and explore the enchanting beach town. Kolaba Sea Fort, Nagaon and Kashid beach are the main attractions here. You can head to Korlai Fort as well. Alibaug is roughly 93 km away from Mumbai. October to May is the best time, it is better you skip the monsoon season. You can take launch
from Mumbai or you can drive to the place.
4. Malshej Ghat: a very beautiful hill station on the Sahyadri ranges, it offers a pleasant weekend to the visitors. A drive to Malshej Ghat through the green valley is a memorable one. Rich in flora and fauna, it is one of the favourite places for flamingos as well. Trekking, hiking and bird watching are some popular activities among the visitors here. Innumerable waterfalls and greenery are the charms of Malshej Ghat. Malshej Ghat is about 127 km away from Mumbai.
5. Lohagad Fort: a renowned historical place amidst the lush green, Lohagad Fort is the major attraction of this region. The place is near Pune. Lohagad Fort is one of the hill forts of Chatrapati Shivaji. A great place for trekking, Lohagad Fort is pretty adventurous. The spectacular view from the top will win your heart.
You can easily visit the above-listed places from Mumbai. Taxis, cabs and tourist buses are available to take you to your desired destination. If you are planning to visit from other states, you can take a flight or train. You can also check Jaipur to Mumbai flight and plan accordingly.
THANK YOU *****