Page 1

Day four, the dissolved oxygen level in the room is 11.4 mg/L: NOTE: The probe wasn’t properly calibrated so this may have not produced accurate data. It isn’t following a good pattern and obviously it was measuring the dissolved oxygen in the room initially instead of immediately measuring the dissolved oxygen in each tube. Observe: the levels are all almost the same, starting at 9.1


DAY FOUR: The probe was calibrated which produced a new variety of data.

DAY 6


Day 8: Last day of testing. Just as I previously researched, today blue showed the best results, red the second best, clear the third best, no light (aluminum) showed the 2nd to worst, and green showed the worst.

Data totals in the overall experiment bellow


Over all data averages per color 9 Disolved oxygen level (mg/L)

8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 Over all data average

Red

Clear

Blue

Green

Aluminum

8.44

7.9

6.65

6.51

7.9

Color of the tube

Over all averages: Red: 8.44 Blue: 6.65 Green: 6.51 Aluminum: 6.41 Clear: 7.9 To find this data I took an average of each day results.


Overall data collection seperated by day in comparison 12

Disolved oxygen level (mg/L)

10

8

6

4

2

0

Red

Blue

Green

Aluminum

Clear

day 2

9.09

9.1

9.48

9.07

9.1

day 4

10.43

6.26

8.01

8.78

8.01

day 6

7.69

4.51

3.59

3.47

7.13

Day 8

6.66

6.72

5.01

6.41

6.5

Color of the tube

Science project collected data  
Science project collected data  

This is the data I collected during my experiment, testing the disolved oxygen levels of aquatic plants in different colored tubes

Advertisement